More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulick

All a bit mad on the Malone Rd at the minute. The wife says ditch the car and she'll pick me up later. £2 pints in the Students Union anyone?

Puckoon

Caitlin

I was interested to see the story about the undercover Metropolitan Police Officer who joined a number of environmental groups ( and also visited Ireland both to see his wife and also to join the Shell to Sea protesters in Mayo) and acted as an agent provocateur. The suggestion is that by joining these groups and directing/encouraging them to agitate against the State he helped to justify the massive expenditure on surveillance for police forces, kept them in jobs and ultimately provide a reason for them to exist. A lot of people wondered why Mark Kennedy was encouraging them to resort to violence when they believed in non-violent action to achieve their aims. Now they see that they were tricked by a man representing a system that resorted to foul deeds to maintain their existence.
And then I thought about 'brains' behind the attack on Peadar Heffron, the GAA man and Gaeilgor who has lost his legs in an explosion. And then I thought about the fact that the UK security services have largely avoided the public sector cuts. And then I thought about the half-wits that supported or carried out this act thinking it would bring forward a United Ireland.

Ulick

Quote from: Puckoon on January 21, 2011, 04:46:55 PM
They used to only be 1 pound.

Pints £1.50 this evening. £5 for round of 3 shorts.

Puckoon

Maguire01

What is the 'Republican Network for Unity'? Newton Emerson had a small piece about them in today's Irish News. Apparently the signed off emails to Belfast newsrooms with the following :

"Our maxim: It's not where your (sic) coming from, its (sic) where your (sic) going to, that is important to us."

Emerson's next line was "Perhaps going to school would be important too."

omagh_gael

Booby trap bomb has gone off underneath a policemans car on the Derry road in oamgh. I know the fella only young. Heard he's badly hurt. Scumbags.

bcarrier

Whatever these people are they aren't republicans.

The targeting of Catholic policemen exposes them as sectarians with a primary motive of keeping society in the north divided along religious lines. Its about as far as you can get from Wolfe Tones' case for unity between Catholic, Protestant and Dissenter.

Carmen Stateside

FFS bcarrier these boys carrying out these attacks wouldnt have a clue who Wolfe Tone was.  They represent no one.  I am sure its well known to the police who carried this out. 

Orior

Was there anyone collecting for republican prisoners at the match in Dungannon yesterday?

How was the minute silence received? Apologies if this has been covered in another thread.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Denn Forever

On the news it seemed that the minutes silence silence was well respected.  Pity that it had to be observed at all.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

rossie mad

A security alert is under way in North Belfast, following the discovery of a suspicious object beneath a vehicle close to a police station.

1 of 1  Belfast - Suspicious object examined A security alert is under way in north Belfast, following the discovery of a suspicious object beneath a vehicle close to a police station.

British army bomb experts are examining the object in Tennent Street.

Homes and businesses in the area are being evacuated and the road has been closed to motorists.

rossie mad

These clowns are either totally stupid and not connected to the 95.5% of the majority of the people or are just plain evil.

probably a large mix of both.

Abble

can the GAA not do anything to prevent these boys from fundraising outside our county grounds ? who in their right minds would contribute anything to their cause at a Gaelic match when we see the people who they are targeting !?

maximus

They stand on the road on the way into the ground. The GAA has no jurisdiction in this area and if someone feels they wish to give money to Republican prisoners it is their choice.