The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Red all day. If it was the other way round and Ronnie was panned out on the ground i'm convinced a red would've been produced.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: beer baron on June 25, 2018, 10:55:59 PM
Red all day. If it was the other way round and Ronnie was panned out on the ground i'm convinced a red would've been produced.

Borderline red, borderline handball
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Yeah I agree. Ref bottled it because of who it was.
Clear red card.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on June 25, 2018, 09:28:47 PM
I'm not sure what it is some of you want from football, but if it's red cards for Ronaldo tonight, then I never wish to lay eyes upon the game that you do want.
I don't think anybody was looking for multiple red cards for Ronaldo, just the one.

Which would have been thoroughly deserved.

omaghjoe

Ronaldo deserves a red frequently mostly for the sniper roleplay but no way Id have given it for that, the Iranian got what he deserved for obstruction which really wasnt much at all.
Quaresma's was much much worse, more blantant and vendictive to boot...

shark

The fact that we have all seen these incidents multiple times and still can't get anywhere close to concensus just shows why VAR can't possibly take the uncertainty out 100% of the time. So many decisions are open to interpretation and everyone of all views believes they are fully correct. If the only thing that VAR achieves is to clear up the holding and messing for set pieces then it will be worthwhile. Next step is playacting. And I don't mean just diving. Even if a player has been fouled and rolls unnaturally before jumping up once the ref has decided whether to give a card or not. It's a blight.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

LooseCannon

Does anyone else think that soccer is a load of shite?

longballin

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 26, 2018, 08:33:01 AM

It can be but is better than Gaelic football these days : (

Asal Mor

Just saw the Ronaldo incident now, having read some of the reaction on here and Twitter yesterday. My reaction was "is that it? ". The word harmless springs to mind. The Iranian player should have gotten a card for feigning injury and trying to get another player sent off.

The penalty being given was unbelievable.

Dire Ear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2018, 11:15:07 PM

Borderline red, borderline handball
Absolutely, could the Iranian player been booked instead? And no penalty, I would think,  hardly deliberate

Insane Bolt

Full of overpaid prima donnas who need a good boot up the hole😎

omaghjoe

Yes but comparing it to the sport that is on TV in America its like watching Tyrone  Derry '95 every week!

Syferus

Jacqui Hurley is so much better hosting a panel, putting good questions to them, continuing a thread and prodding when needed than Darragh Maloney or Formula 1 Man that it isn't even funny.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.