To Do in San Fran

Started by phpearse, September 11, 2007, 07:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phpearse

Lads, I'm holidaying in san fran and just wondering where should I check out for the next few days.'m here now until Friday so I have 3 nights to do something. Any suggestions?

BenDover

Go out for the night round North Beach!!!

Not sure if the Basketballs over but if not try and get a game in its som value but the pints are a bit steep.

el_cuervo_fc

How long were you there for BenDover ;)

Croí na hÉireann

Head out to Castro, don't forget your manbag  ;)
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

armaghniac

If you fancy going to Alcatraz, book your ticket well in advance. The evening tour around sunset is popular and good if you like that sort of thing . 

http://www.blueandgoldfleet.com/

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mannix

If you visit alcatraz bring a jacket, it is freezing on that liitle hellhole.If you are of the engineering type a visit to the cablecar steamhouse that drags the cables and cars up those hills is well worth a visit.Its electric today but the old workings are still there.

john mcgill

Tour the wineries in Napa.  Trip to Santa Cruz.  I presume you've been out to Sausalito and done the local sigts in SF.  Ball game at PacBell or has it changed its name?  Beer there very expensive.  Lunch in Chinatown.  

john mcgill

If as your name suggests you are a Galbally man, take a trip to Fiddlers Green pub in Millbrae and about 5pm you'll meet Paul McCann from Galbally.

Puckoon

Look for a resturaunt on the pier 39 called the pier market resturaunt. Walk in and ask for the teryiaki shark steak. You will be talking about it 6 years later on an internet message board (having gone back over and over and over and over and over again).

Tyrones own

Rent yourself a wee scooter or the likes, you'll see all she has to offer
  in a day or so, Fine town.......to be visiting :P
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

john mcgill

All this talk of San Francisco puy me in the mood and I booked a flight today.  Actually its work related but I intend to enjoy a few sunny October days in the South Bay.