Sean Cavanagh Retires.

Started by mrhardyannual, August 27, 2017, 09:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhardyannual

I don't like the modern habit of referring to players as legends but Sean Cavanagh has been one of the most influential players of this century. I enjoyed watching him.... the fielding, the dummy and the shooting. Will always be remembered as a great Tyrone player.

thejuice

Is it true he's been going 16 years at senior county? That's quite an achievement these days. Always a powerhouse for the team and if he had a bad game generally so did Tyrone. Will leave a big gap to fill but it looks like they have some impressive minors coming up so Tyrone fans shouldn't be too dispondant even after today's defeat.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

T Fearon

Really looked past it today.Good innings but his blatant fool and taunting the Monaghan crowd afterwards in 2013 detracts.

ONeill

He is up there in the top 3 Tyrone in my lifetime. Peter no.1. I didn't see enough of Frank.

2008 was his season. Won that All Ireland almost on his own. Felt sorry for him today. Legs gone.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

5 Sams

Huge respect for him as a player and a man. His football achievements are well documented. Came to our club to present underage medals to our lads with the Cormac McAnallen Cup...the same night when The Moy won the league or championship (can't mind which) and he should have been at home with his mates on the lash.
The Aristocrat Years

Wildweasel74

Big man for Tyrone past 15 year and could play a number of positions, big loss for Tyrone and would get on the best team of the past 15 years he played

orangeman

It's going to be impossible to replace Sean Cavanagh. One of the greatest players ever.

Enjoy the retirement away from the pitch. You leave owing Tyrone nothing.

WT4E

True Legend of Tyrone football - Whilst some players might have tried to have similar longevity Sean played alot of games and never seemed to be injured and was always there when we needed him. Not his best year this year but gave it everything and was key in every celtic cross earned by Tyrone.

RedHand88

Quote from: T Fearon on August 27, 2017, 10:35:26 PM
Really looked past it today.Good innings but his blatant fool and taunting the Monaghan crowd afterwards in 2013 detracts.

Couldn't help yourself could you T

WT4E

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 27, 2017, 11:41:20 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 27, 2017, 10:35:26 PM

Couldn't help yourself could you T

I think this shows Fearon up more than anything else. I for one didn't like Sean as a club footballer due to rivalries but can appreciate he is one of the all time GAA greats!

rrhf

Up there with the very best in Tyrone and Ireland Intercounty. Magnificent career privilege to watch and support on the journey. Retire happy Sean!

omagh_gael

An absolute legend for Tyrone and was the ultimate big game player. He can retire with his head held high and has brought me so many personal memories that I, and other Tyrone supporters will carry for a very long time. Thanks Sean.

Here's the man himself showing a touch more class than a certain Armagh troll in here...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/41067589

tonto1888

Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2017, 10:41:38 PM
He is up there in the top 3 Tyrone in my lifetime. Peter no.1. I didn't see enough of Frank.

2008 was his season. Won that All Ireland almost on his own. Felt sorry for him today. Legs gone.

Who would be the third? I'm an Armagh man but I think O'Neill is he best you have had

seafoid

Great player but Frank McGuigan is undisputed imo.   11 points and 2 sons. .  Great that he was on the 00s teams. Plus he looks good in a suit. And that foul .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 28, 2017, 07:00:45 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2017, 10:41:38 PM

Who would be the third? I'm an Armagh man but I think O'Neill is he best you have had

Dooher would have to be up there for me. Himself and Cavanagh were the go to players in what was a top team.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".