2017 All Stars

Started by ONeill, August 27, 2017, 07:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Someone tell our County Manager.

PS how long before Syfīn bites or barks.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lurganblue

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 29, 2017, 12:17:43 PM
i would say higgins, AOS, moran  & boyle are certs for mayo (parsons, harrison and jason doherty all possibilities as well)
geaney will get one for kerry
Tyrone will get one, hopefully colly cavanagh, but possibly harte or mccann instead

for dublin i would say pretty much all of their starting team is in with a shout of an all star with ocallaghan & james mccarthy nailed on, unless they leave out ocallaghan and just give him YPOTY

Hope Tiernan McCann gets one this year as i thought he has been excellent.

Mayo4Sam14

If mayo win they should just give the entire 1-15 an all star !
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

moysider

Quote from: rosnarun on August 29, 2017, 03:11:41 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 29, 2017, 12:12:57 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on August 29, 2017, 11:58:47 AM
hard to see Cluxton  getting one , he has had feck all to do all year
but if Dublin win he probably will

I think the hammerings in the Quaterfinal have lessened the chances  any wild card except maybe at full back where none of the top 4 were outstanding probably a corner back will get it

hes well up in the poty odds

I got him at 250-1 for poty preseason

If Dublin win very likely to get poty.

J70

Paddy McBrearty should get a nomination. Obviously won't win one given Donegal's very poor season, but he was personally superb in the championship this year, even against Tyrone and Galway when all else were being played off the park. Probably his best season to date.

And hopefully whoever gets the manager's job will recognize and make use of the fact that, whatever else we have going or not going for us as we rebuild, we at least have two elite scoring, ball-winning full forwards.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: moysider on August 30, 2017, 09:27:00 PM

I think the hammerings in the Quaterfinal have lessened the chances  any wild card except maybe at full back where none of the top 4 were outstanding probably a corner back will get it

Not true, if Dublin win it'll nominations for Dublin, one for Mayo. As its a player vote the Dublin lads will split and the mayo lad will win it
Andy and AOS are a great bet
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 30, 2017, 09:38:22 PM

Not true, if Dublin win it'll nominations for Dublin, one for Mayo. As its a player vote the Dublin lads will split and the mayo lad will win it

AOS is a terrible bet. If he squeaks an All-Star he'll be doing well.

yellowcard

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 30, 2017, 09:38:22 PM

I agree with your logic on the split vote. I would put Moran and Higgins down equally as Mayos 2 best players in this years championship so as always a lot will depend on performances in the final. I don't think Andy will find the Dublin full back line near as generous as the Kerry one. There has been no real stand out Dublin performer they are so well balanced as a side. Cluxton would be the obvious spanner in the works should he get nominated and then announce he is retiring.

Wildweasel74

I see very little outside of Dublin / Mayo, Geaney will get 1, be the only Kerry man, cant see Tyrone or Roscommon get any, both teams were hammered and none of the men in running for a possible all-star showed anything on the day, we going to pick all-stars on displays against poor teams? nope!! Parson,  or the Dublin pair Fenton, McCarthy will take midfield, same for the half back line. Goalkeeper still up for grabs, most others are nailed down and the final performance will sway if the majority go to Mayo or Dublin

yellowcard

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 30, 2017, 10:15:20 PM
I see very little outside of Dublin / Mayo, Geaney will get 1, be the only Kerry man, cant see Tyrone or Roscommon get any, both teams were hammered and none of the men in running for a possible all-star showed anything on the day, we going to pick all-stars on displays against poor teams? nope!! Parson,  or the Dublin pair Fenton, McCarthy will take midfield, same for the half back line. Goalkeeper still up for grabs, most others are nailed down and the final performance will sway if the majority go to Mayo or Dublin

I think Colm Cavanagh is nailed on to get one for Tyrone. He was about the only Tyrone player to come out of the weekends game with any credit and has consistently been the best midfielder in the country all season. Smith had an outside chance for Roscommon but I don't see him getting one. Geaney is a cert for Kerry and Murphy has an outside chance though not at half back where the competition in recent years is always at its fiercest.

Wildweasel74

the best midfielder marking no-one, sitting in front of a full back line as a free man, Fenton, McCarthy and Parson are all in front of him

yellowcard

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 30, 2017, 10:26:37 PM
the best midfielder marking no-one, sitting in front of a full back line as a free man, Fenton, McCarthy and Parson are all in front of him

Yet still managed to kick 2 points. Fenton has not hit the heights of previous seasons. Parsons and McCarthy have been the pick of the rest.

macdanger2

Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2017, 10:24:38 PM

I think Colm Cavanagh is nailed on to get one for Tyrone. He was about the only Tyrone player to come out of the weekends game with any credit and has consistently been the best midfielder in the country all season. Smith had an outside chance for Roscommon but I don't see him getting one. Geaney is a cert for Kerry and Murphy has an outside chance though not at half back where the competition in recent years is always at its fiercest.

Yeah, I think Cavanagh is a shoo in

moysider

He shouldn't be. Kerry will get Geaney and Murphy maybe still has a shout. Cases can be made for Harte and Cavanagh, but the system failure of Tyrone v Dublin leaves them a bit high and dry. Realistically, everything that happened before the semis is dodgy form. Donegal's implosion in particular puts a lot of things in perspective. Tyrone can hardy expect to get All-Star out of winning Ulster this year. If anything Connacht was more difficult and Roscommon wont be putting hands up for any.

rosnarun

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 30, 2017, 11:07:31 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 30, 2017, 10:24:38 PM

Yeah, I think Cavanagh is a shoo in
only way he will get one is if they feck around with the positions like they did with cian osullavan a few years back. Parsons and fenton must be favorites with S o Sé and mcCarthy not far behind , not original but that how it normally goes.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere