Cork fans flying the confederate flag

Started by Eamonnca1, August 14, 2017, 06:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: johnneycool on August 17, 2017, 01:56:37 PM
Cork and the Confederate (battle) flag is just one of those things which no one batted an eyelid back in the day, but now its connotations are of the white supremacists and should be unacceptable in modern Ireland.

If that's the case, should the same not apply to the Orange Order?

BennyCake

Quote from: johnneycool on August 17, 2017, 01:56:37 PM
If you've ever watched any of those retro TV shows like "It was alright in the 70's/80's/90's" there are loads of WTF moments where in this day and age we can't understand how they got away with it.

Have you been watching that Jimmy Saville clip again?  ;D

omaghjoe

The GAA and far right symbolism are intertwined.

Firstly you have at least 4 counties with a loyalist paramilitary symbol on their crests

And then to top it off the top prize in hurling and football is rewarded with a medal of the most common symbol of modern neonazism.

Orior

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 17, 2017, 05:47:24 PM
The GAA and far right symbolism are intertwined.

Firstly you have at least 4 counties with a loyalist paramilitary symbol on their crests

And then to top it off the top prize in hurling and football is rewarded with a medal of the most common symbol of modern neonazism.

Yes, this is outrageous. There's only one thing that we have to change - everything!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Btw, some of you may remember me taking an Orange Order flag to matches in Croke Park in 2005. Nobody seemed to take offence.

trileacman

Quote from: Orior on August 17, 2017, 06:32:39 PM
Btw, some of you may remember me taking an Orange Order flag to matches in Croke Park in 2005. Nobody seemed to take offence.

Photos?? Would love to see it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Can we get the skull and crossed bones off the UCC jersey too? I find it incredibly offensive given that piracy is a problem still continuing to this day.

Syferus

Quote from: trileacman on August 17, 2017, 07:54:54 PM
Can we get the skull and crossed bones off the UCC flag too? I find it incredibly offensive given that it is a problem still continuing to this day.

Some of ye are making awful tools of yerselves with absolutely no provocation.

omaghjoe

Quote from: trileacman on August 17, 2017, 07:54:54 PM
Can we get the skull and crossed bones off the UCC jersey too? I find it incredibly offensive given that piracy is a problem still continuing to this day.

I never realised that. Didnt the SS have that symbol as well?

Disgraceful stuff from Cork it seems to be the epicenter of all this hidden GAA facisim.

They are a law unto themselves tho but the Celtic Cross the GAA should do something about given they are under their control. All the more worrying that they redesigned it in recent years and sill kept the symbol as the templatefor the design.

Orior

Quote from: trileacman on August 17, 2017, 07:48:42 PM
Quote from: Orior on August 17, 2017, 06:32:39 PM

Photos?? Would love to see it.

Photos yes, but I gotta protect peoples anonymity

Eamonnca1

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 17, 2017, 08:23:36 PM
I never realised that. Didnt the SS have that symbol as well?

Skull and two parallel bones IIRC.

trileacman

omaghjoe

These Nazi All-Ireland medals should be handed back in and the design changed forthwith.... it would cause consternation in Kerry as they might have to change their currency.

tonto1888

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 18, 2017, 07:09:28 AM
These Nazi All-Ireland medals should be handed back in and the design changed forthwith.... it would cause consternation in Kerry as they might have to change their currency.

What are you talking about

stew

People get way to het up about flags, I don't give a damn about any flag, that said, a flag had nothing to do with some Muslim terrorist **** mowing down people in Spain yesterday, the world has bigger problems than worrying about a piece of cloth and its symbolism.

Hate speech is protected in the US as it should be, although deplorable you cannot and should not be able to stop any voice from being heard if you live in a true democracy, rather, you should engage in debate and destroy said hate speech with reason and moral arguments.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.