Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

https://www.facebook.com/pg/teamtalkmag.tyrone/videos

The talk of the banquet was very funny
Interesting point McGlennon made about Dublin doing these half fouls where they briefly block the runner or knock him off his stride for a second and then pull back. Just enough to stub the progress of getting into the right possession to receive the pass.

From what I can make out from back home it seems that Tyrone will really get in Dublin's faces and will be raking up the intensity to the levels of v Kerry 2003 and hunting like ravenous dogs.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 25, 2017, 04:22:55 PM
Here we go, psyching the ref, linesmen and umpires:

Protect poor Dermo from those demonic Nordies

:P

We have Mugsy to thank for that one.

Safe travels to all those travelling to Dublin for the game. Afraid I can't see Tyrone wining this, but would be delighted to be proved wrong on Sunday. Good luck to the team.

Fuzzman

Wonder Horse, will you be down on Sat?
I'll be in the hotel from 1pm onwards after the Enda McGinley tour if your'e about
Sunday is much more rushed as probably be in early for the U17 final at 11.45

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 25, 2017, 05:21:35 PM

Interesting point McGlennon made about Dublin doing these half fouls where they briefly block the runner or knock him off his stride for a second and then pull back. Just enough to stub the progress of getting into the right possession to receive the pass.

From what I can make out from back home it seems that Tyrone will really get in Dublin's faces and will be raking up the intensity to the levels of v Kerry 2003 and hunting like ravenous dogs.

How many banquets, launches, parties and cocktail dances have Tyrone held for this game???

redhandofgod

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on August 25, 2017, 07:01:15 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 25, 2017, 05:21:35 PM

How many banquets, launches, parties and cocktail dances have Tyrone held for this game???

Probably just enough! ;)

#RevengeFor84

:)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Il Bomber Destro

There's been quite a lot of change in the starting XV this season in Championship compared to last.

If you compare the team that started to Mayo last year to the one named for Dublin, it will have five changes to the starting XV which is quite a lot.

McAliskey, O'Neill, McShane, Justy and McNabb all started against Mayo last year but don't feature this year.

McGeary, Hampsey, Bradley, Mulgrew and Conall McCann are the lads who have came in.

I'm very confident in our bench and the impact it could have if the game is in the melting pot late on.

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 25, 2017, 08:26:45 PM
There's been quite a lot of change in the starting XV this season in Championship compared to last.

If you compare the team that started to Mayo last year to the one named for Dublin, it will have five changes to the starting XV which is quite a lot.

McAliskey, O'Neill, McShane, Justy and McNabb all started against Mayo last year but don't feature this year.

McGeary, Hampsey, Bradley, Mulgrew and Conall McCann are the lads who have came in.

I'm very confident in our bench and the impact it could have if the game is in the melting pot late on.
Good man Bomber. You would be confident if the team was captained by a fella with a peg leg and 3 of the backs had gout.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on August 25, 2017, 08:52:21 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 25, 2017, 08:26:45 PM

Good man Bomber. You would be confident if the team was captained by a fella with a peg leg and 3 of the backs had gout.

I'd be more confident than a Galway man would be about their football team winning a Championship match in Croke Park.

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 25, 2017, 06:10:45 PM

I'll be in the hotel from 1pm onwards after the Enda McGinley tour if your'e about

There's an Enda McGinley tour too?

There have been international festivals with less hoopla than this match

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: heffo on August 25, 2017, 09:21:51 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 25, 2017, 06:10:45 PM

There's an Enda McGinley tour too?

There have been international festivals with less hoopla than this match

Not so long ago boyo, your crowd would have been a tad more excited at the prospect of meeting ourselves in the Semi... oh how conceit softens the fanfare! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redhand Santa

The big question over on reservoirdubs is who the Dublin fans would like to beat in the final.

Hopefully Tyrone don't take too much out of them on Sunday and let cooper and the lads get on with their football and bring none of the rough stuff the dubs hate so see so much.

omagh_gael

We'll got sorted with all my tickets I requested, happy days. Upper Cusack in section 710. Does anyone know what seating row is at the very back/top of upper tier? I'm in row X.

clarshack

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 25, 2017, 10:06:09 PM
We'll got sorted with all my tickets I requested, happy days. Upper Cusack in section 710. Does anyone know what seating row is at the very back/top of upper tier? I'm in row X.

Row A is very front row, goes back to Z then starts again from AA to ZZ.

LeoMc

Quote from: clarshack on August 25, 2017, 10:15:47 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 25, 2017, 10:06:09 PM

Row A is very front row, goes back to Z then starts again from AA to ZZ.
Think that is lower.upper only goes to Z.