Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 24, 2017, 10:49:05 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 24, 2017, 10:47:47 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 24, 2017, 10:44:43 AM
Anyone seen the back of todays Irish news? O'Rourke has (wrongly imo) said that "Only the Dubs stand in the way of a Tyrone All Ireland title." And who said the hype was all self generated by Tyrone??

Colm O'Rourke? If Tyrone do beat Dublin I would still only rate them at 50/50 to win an AI title. However their perfected defensive system of play is tailor made for beating the Dubs and that is generally why people beleive that they are the side that is best equipped to take them down.

Yea Colm, I cringed a bit reading it.

He's the same guy who has been writing Tyrone off for the past three years, odd for him to be suddenly hyping us up now.

vallankumous

Anyone seen the back of todays Irish news? O'Rourke has (wrongly imo) said that "Only the Dubs stand in the way of a Tyrone All Ireland title." And who said the hype was all self generated by Tyrone??

Who haven't talked to the GAA biggest promoters years.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 25, 2017, 01:00:23 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 24, 2017, 10:49:05 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 24, 2017, 10:47:47 AM

Colm O'Rourke? If Tyrone do beat Dublin I would still only rate them at 50/50 to win an AI title. However their perfected defensive system of play is tailor made for beating the Dubs and that is generally why people beleive that they are the side that is best equipped to take them down.

Yea Colm, I cringed a bit reading it.

He's the same guy who has been writing Tyrone off for the past three years, odd for him to be suddenly hyping us up now.

He was right for the past three years to be fair.
That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

Cèn ainm atà ag na Béarlóiri ar
Cabhán a Chaoirteann??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PW Nally

omagh_gael

Weather looking good for Sunday. Going to be dry, slightly overcast and 19/20 degrees.

Under Lights

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 25, 2017, 01:57:53 PM
Weather looking good for Sunday. Going to be dry, slightly overcast and 19/20 degrees.

You got a roof on your house? Strong chance that's where you will be with no tickets to hand yet.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Under Lights on August 25, 2017, 02:01:42 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 25, 2017, 01:57:53 PM

You got a roof on your house? Strong chance that's where you will be with no tickets to hand yet.

Don't be at that shite!  :o

I'll be hunting the streets around Croke park if the club don't come up trumps.

TheGreatest

Best of luck to Tyrone on Sunday, please behave yourselves this time. Enjoy the day.

Dubs by 3/4.

Fuzzman

I reckon the game will end in another draw.
Tyrone will be leading going into the final quarter and Connolly will get a goal or a peno.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

yellowcard

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 25, 2017, 04:22:55 PM
Here we go, psyching the ref, linesmen and umpires:

Protect poor Dermo from those demonic Nordies

:P

I'm not even sure that Tyrone have a 'tr**p' for the want of a better word, in the mould of McMenamin or Gormley to try and get into Connolly's face from the get go. Neither McCann nor Harte are the type of player to overly concern themselves with their direct opponent. As a neutral I would love to see some real bad blood in this game though.