Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whishtup

Interesting topic brought up on the teamtalkmag broadcast tonight regarding Dublin blocking the runners and how this can leave the player with the ball isolated.  This was certainly the case in the AI finals with Mayo last year.  This is almost impossible to martial, especially if there are two or three instances of this at the one time.  Expect to see a few ground skirmishes.  If Coldrick and crew are aware of it, it could be put to bed early on in the game and Tyrone will benefit.

barelegs

Not really surprised with the Tyrone panel announcement. I'm sure there'll be a few changes before throw in. McClure definitely did enough to hold on to a jersey the last day and he helps bolster Tyrone's midfield aerially.

Interesting that the only move is Padraig McNulty coming into the panel for the first time since the Derry game if I remember rightly. Looks like Burns or Cassidy will lose out- two 19s named, Mickey clearly hasn't made up his mind!

I wouldn't be surprised to see McNulty appear off the bench. Offers something a bit different to everyone else on the bench given his size.

Rois

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 24, 2017, 09:11:26 PM
I'd say the only change will be McClure in for McCann in MF. McNulty direct replacement for McShane who is reported to have dislocated the shoulder.
Was up at Garvaghey tonight, McShane def training.

barelegs

Quote from: Rois on August 24, 2017, 11:56:30 PM
I'd say the only change will be McClure in for McCann in MF. McNulty direct replacement for McShane who is reported to have dislocated the shoulder.

McShane was dropped from the matchday panel before the quarter final with Armagh. 27 players named...

omaghjoe

Quote from: Whishtup on August 24, 2017, 11:40:16 PM
Interesting topic brought up on the teamtalkmag broadcast tonight regarding Dublin blocking the runners and how this can leave the player with the ball isolated.  This was certainly the case in the AI finals with Mayo last year.  This is almost impossible to martial, especially if there are two or three instances of this at the one time.  Expect to see a few ground skirmishes.  If Coldrick and crew are aware of it, it could be put to bed early on in the game and Tyrone will benefit.

They're flat out at it, and another thing they do is isolate their runner by blocking the tackler.
In both cases they are defo rehearsed but sure they are the greatest team ever so its alright.
Anyway we need to be aware and plan to counter accordingly.

yellowcard

Quote from: barelegs on August 24, 2017, 11:48:33 PM
Not really surprised with the Tyrone panel announcement. I'm sure there'll be a few changes before throw in. McClure definitely did enough to hold on to a jersey the last day and he helps bolster Tyrone's midfield aerially.

Interesting that the only move is Padraig McNulty coming into the panel for the first time since the Derry game if I remember rightly. Looks like Burns or Cassidy will lose out- two 19s named, Mickey clearly hasn't made up his mind!

I wouldn't be surprised to see McNulty appear off the bench. Offers something a bit different to everyone else on the bench given his size.

McNulty is probably Harte's plan B of lump it into the big man if he needs a goal with 15 minutes to go.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Rois on August 24, 2017, 11:56:30 PM

Tout!!   ;)

Under Lights

MH should do something different, like the genius Mayo manager, what about Colm Cavanagh and Sean Cavanagh edge of the square. Justy in for the CC role. Still have our powerful runners in the middle but puts a lot of pressure on the dubs and maybe draws their men even further towards their own goals leaving more space for Harte and co to get into scoring positions!

Estimator

Would Harte normally be one for the dummy team? or Making a number of late changes to the line up? Has he done this many times in during this C'ship?
Ulster League Champions 2009

RedHand88

Quote from: Estimator on August 25, 2017, 10:47:07 AM
Would Harte normally be one for the dummy team? or Making a number of late changes to the line up? Has he done this many times in during this C'ship?

He has. Near sure was it mcclure started over someone who wss named?

Under Lights

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 25, 2017, 11:15:59 AM
Quote from: Estimator on August 25, 2017, 10:47:07 AM

He has. Near sure was it mcclure started over someone who wss named?

The team named above was the same team that was named for the Armagh game. McClure started on the day in place of Mulgrew.

vallankumous

Quote from: DickyRock on August 24, 2017, 09:42:39 PM

Ours are out tonight. I think it is crazy that clubs are not sorted first, and in a more timely manner. I know of people that have had their hands on tickets via other sources for a week now. Horrible feeling having someone that is not from Tyrone tell you they have a ticket and you havent been sorted yet.

Selling tickets is an industry on it's own. These companies have a formula for doing it. It's easy to see that having tickets discussed for 2 weeks helps sell them.

Taylor

Quote from: vallankumous on August 25, 2017, 11:41:30 AM
Quote from: DickyRock on August 24, 2017, 09:42:39 PM

Ours are out tonight. I think it is crazy that clubs are not sorted first, and in a more timely manner. I know of people that have had their hands on tickets via other sources for a week now. Horrible feeling having someone that is not from Tyrone tell you they have a ticket and you havent been sorted yet.

Selling tickets is an industry on it's own. These companies have a formula for doing it. It's easy to see that having tickets discussed for 2 weeks helps sell them.

Tickets sorted but it was as tight as I have seen it for many years to get them

Fear ón Srath Bán

Since our cunning plan (naming 27 players) was rumbled, here's the official squad sheet:

Tír Eoghain v Áth Cliath

27ú Lúnasa 2017 @ 4.00pm

Páirc an Chrócaigh

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc – 63 (20)

2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin – 99 (27)

3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin – 66 (21)

4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór – 101 (28)

5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair – 58 (17)

6 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail – 24 (6)

7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin – 120 (41)

8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh – 138 (52)

9 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chlochair – 30 (8 )

10 – David Mulgrew – Ard Bó – 9 (4)

11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mór – 31 (9)

12 – Kieran McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn 21 (7)

13 – Mark Bradley – Coill an Chlochair 37 (16)

14 – Sean Cavanagh (c) – An Mhaigh 238 (88)

15 – Matthew Donnelly – Trí Leac 94 (31)

16 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo – 24 (5)

17 – Lee Brennan – Trí Leac – 14 (2)

18 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac – 29 (11)

19 – Michael Cassidy – Ard Bó – 1 (0)

20 – Richard Donnelly – Trí Leac – 16 (6)

21 – Declan McClure – Cluain Eo – 13 (4)

22 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc – 76 (29)

23 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh – 110 (39)

24 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn – 38 (8 )

25 – Conor Meyler – An Omaigh – 24 (7)

26 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh – 67 (17)

Bainisteoir: Mickey Harte

Maor Fóirne: Gavin Devlin

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omagh_gael

So Burns losing out.

We can't lift our tickets until tonight, really don't know if my request will be met! I noticed on the Errigal facebook page that they got a second allocation of tickets and they would be in a position to fulfil all requests. Hopefully that applies to the Lough, too!