Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 22, 2017, 10:57:44 PM
Combined Dublin Tyrone XV?

Cluxton
McMahon McNamee McCarron
McCaffrey O'Sullivan Harte
Fenton Cavanagh
Kilkenny O'Callaghan Connolly
Rock Cavanagh Andrews

You'd seriously have McNamee or McCarron before Cooper? 2017 Sean Cavanagh isn't making this team. Cormac Costello fully fit is ahead of him by a good bit. I'd take Paul Mannion, Brogan and even Kevin Mc before Cavanagh at this stage.

Also questionable taking Colm Cavanagh before James McCarthy even if he's more of a traditional midfielder, I'd prefer a proper athlete in today's game.

Colm should have an all star this year. Fantastic the last couple of years and a real lynchpin to how Tyrone play.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

Quote from: Syferus on August 22, 2017, 11:03:54 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 22, 2017, 10:57:44 PM
Combined Dublin Tyrone XV?

Cluxton
McMahon McNamee McCarron
McCaffrey O'Sullivan Harte
Fenton Cavanagh
Kilkenny O'Callaghan Connolly
Rock Cavanagh Andrews

You'd seriously have McNamee or McCarron before Cooper? 2017 Sean Cavanagh isn't making this team. Cormac Costello fully fit is ahead of him by a good bit. I'd take Paul Mannion, Brogan and even Kevin Mc before Cavanagh at this stage.

Also questionable taking Colm Cavanagh before James McCarthy even if he's more of a traditional midfielder, I'd prefer a proper athlete in today's game.

2017 sean cavanagh is tyrones top scorer. And younger brother colm is tyrones most important player. Colm is in footballer of the year territory.

RedHand88

Mannion/kilkenny under pressure look bang average. Watch the monaghan game where they are on the ball and a hand is put in (which wasnt too often, monaghan had gave up after 2mins)

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 23, 2017, 11:59:39 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 23, 2017, 11:55:12 AM
I am also trying to get one for me and the young lad.

Before the Canavan, Pillar and Wooly show last night we were discussing best atmosphere we ever experienced, even in other sports as a few of us would go away every year to matches in Europe.

We all agreed that it was that 2nd half in the 2nd game v Dublin in 2005 when Tyrone were leading by 5 or 6 but Dublin started to come back at us.
Sure enough the lads on the stage started to talk about the exact same thing and Pillar said that often the crowd in the final is not as noisy as they are mixed from several counties whereas the semis tend to be only the two sets of fans.
It will be interesting to see what Sunday is like re the noise level.

I would agree with that,
Never seen atmosphere like it,(at any sport)  Croke park was rocking.

No kidding - the second half starts here at 8 minutes in - when Keaney kicked those 2 points in a row to bring it back to within a goal - and then Mulligan scores his other goal off a sloppy kickout from Cluxton. Mulligan on fire that day - he got 1-7 

https://www.facebook.com/begleyssports/videos/1542700489126892/

Taylor

If Kilkenny wants as much time as he usually gets on the ball he is going to have to drop back to his own 40.

Once he starts coming towards our goal he will get zero time on the ball. Also hope to Christ the ref counts the steps he takes when in possession. Gets away with blue murder

Fuzzman

Yeah as if that will matter much Trap.
It is gonna come down to who can take their chances and who will waste theirs.
In previous games in Croker over teh last number of years Tyrone have wasted a lot more chances and missed frees. If that continues on Sunday we will lose
However, if Dublin start to miss those far out shots that often look amazing then the seed of doubt will spread and it could get interesting.

Pillar and Canavan were good last night. When asked about Lee Brennan Peter said he maybe lacks that wee burst of speed to get past a man sometimes but if you give him a chance to shoot he'll score.
I wonder will Mulgrew start on Sunday. As a well known ex player told me recently, Mulgrew is also very good at tracking his man back and doing a defensive job. Big strong lad.

The Trap

Well Fuzz the Dubs have the All Ireland medals in their pockets and Tyrone have it all to prove......bit like when Tyrone played Armagh and Armagh people thought they could put it up to Tyrone but Tyrone had the Ulster medals to suggest they were a cut above. Tyrone have a big gap to bridge here and I just hope they are not being talked up too much........could be back to the drawing board next week!

Dire Ear

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 22, 2017, 10:09:55 PM
If any fan is going to Croker is worried about the WiFi connection  then they need a reality check as to what your team reaching Croker is all about!
Not your problem

yellowcard

I reckon the atmosphere at this game will be at least as good as a final. There are a bundle of neutral tickets released for the final whereas a game like this will see more supporters from the competing counties getting their hands on tickets. There is no better sight than seeing a full house at a Dubs match with two closely matched sides.   

yellowcard

Quote from: The Trap on August 23, 2017, 12:30:42 PM
Tyrone being hyped up and Dublin very quiet - don't like it.......

In fairness most of the hype is coming from themselves.

screenexile

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 23, 2017, 04:54:53 AM
FFS Who is O'Callaghan? ::)

Personally think that a lot of Dublin's forwards have failings of old, not lacking in ability and look great when the wind is in their sails. BB is on the wane now but he lead from the front in the FF line, always the man they could count on and I think alot of the rest of them thrived of his leadership. DC included!
When the chips are down I think a lot of the current crop will not stand up and be counted, they'll go into their shell or lash out. Kilkenny/ McCaffery the possible exceptions of the team that started against Monaghan so those are the guys we need to ask questions off and then we will see what the rest are made off.

Probably the funniest post I've seen here in years!!

Tyrone haven't been tested this year either so the jury is still out on their forwards. . .

None of them have the 3 Celtic Crosses from the last 4 years. The Dubs have been tried and tested over the last 4 years and bar one match have found all the answers!

Tyrone to get beat well and a new manager for next year!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: screenexile on August 23, 2017, 02:54:21 PMTyrone to get beat well and a new manager for next year!!

Well - it would be a shame if someone quoted this for 5pm on Sunday evening

RedHand88

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 23, 2017, 02:59:07 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 23, 2017, 02:54:21 PMTyrone to get beat well and a new manager for next year!!

Ive it screenshotted incase it ahem goes missing in around half 5 on Sunday.

ziggysego

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 23, 2017, 03:17:10 PM

We should all make a copy and post back on Sunday. ;)
Testing Accessibility

Main Street

Quote from: ziggysego on August 23, 2017, 03:22:02 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 23, 2017, 03:17:10 PM

We should all make a copy and post back on Sunday. ;)
The Screen is no shirker.

An admirable smile for the general optimism though,  almost Braveheartian in spirit.