Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on August 22, 2017, 11:33:28 PM
Dublin -3 @ 11/10 is a licence to print money lads get your house on it!!!

I'll throw you a few pound when I'm buying the Big Issue off you next week.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on August 22, 2017, 11:05:23 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 22, 2017, 11:03:54 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 22, 2017, 10:57:44 PM
Combined Dublin Tyrone XV?

Cluxton
McMahon McNamee McCarron
McCaffrey O'Sullivan Harte
Fenton Cavanagh
Kilkenny O'Callaghan Connolly
Rock Cavanagh Andrews

You'd seriously have McNamee or McCarron before Cooper? 2017 Sean Cavanagh isn't making this team. Cormac Costello fully fit ahead of him by a good bit.
What injury had/has Costello. Saw him in Croke Park last Sunday at the game.

He's been dealing with hamstring issues all summer, he's supposed to be back fully training now though.

omaghjoe

FFS Who is O'Callaghan? ::)

Personally think that a lot of Dublin's forwards have failings of old, not lacking in ability and look great when the wind is in their sails. BB is on the wane now but he lead from the front in the FF line, always the man they could count on and I think alot of the rest of them thrived of his leadership. DC included!
When the chips are down I think a lot of the current crop will not stand up and be counted, they'll go into their shell or lash out. Kilkenny/ McCaffery the possible exceptions of the team that started against Monaghan so those are the guys we need to ask questions off and then we will see what the rest are made off.

Redhand Santa

I see in the paper Tyrone clubs have been allocated 12,000 tickets which is a few thousand short of what was needed. Surely they could have given Tyrone 14,000 tickets? Dublin clubs are being given 30,000 tickets which doesn't seem right. This is an All Ireland semi final and for neutrality purposes they shouldn't be favouring one county over another.

I know people can point to Dublin's previous attendances but those games were all in Dublin and much easier to access for their fans. If all their games were in Omagh they certainly wouldn't be bringing large crowds to them. There was only 12000 or something like that at their only championship game outside Dublin.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 23, 2017, 08:02:07 AM
I see in the paper Tyrone clubs have been allocated 12,000 tickets which is a few thousand short of what was needed. Surely they could have given Tyrone 14,000 tickets? Dublin clubs are being given 30,000 tickets which doesn't seem right. This is an All Ireland semi final and for neutrality purposes they shouldn't be favouring one county over another.

I know people can point to Dublin's previous attendances but those games were all in Dublin and much easier to access for their fans. If all their games were in Omagh they certainly wouldn't be bringing large crowds to them. There was only 12000 or something like that at their only championship game outside Dublin.

215 clubs to 68
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

yellowcard

12,000 seems ridiculously low alright. Surely more tickets could have been allocated given that 38,000 appear to have gone for public sale largely to those not affiliated to clubs.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 23, 2017, 09:09:26 AM

215 clubs to 68

If it was Ireland v England in a world cup semi final, should England get allocated more tickets because of their larger population?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TheGreatest

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 23, 2017, 04:54:53 AM

Personally think that a lot of Dublin's forwards have failings of old, not lacking in ability and look great when the wind is in their sails. BB is on the wane now but he lead from the front in the FF line, always the man they could count on and I think alot of the rest of them thrived of his leadership. DC included!
When the chips are down I think a lot of the current crop will not stand up and be counted, they'll go into their shell or lash out. Kilkenny/ McCaffery the possible exceptions of the team that started against Monaghan so those are the guys we need to ask questions off and then we will see what the rest are made off.

If you really believe that you are going to be very disappointed come Sunday.

Stop giving out mate.

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 23, 2017, 09:09:26 AM

215 clubs to 68

There is not 215 clubs in Dublin. 92 approx., including UCD,AIB etc and hurling only clubs.

Rossfan

Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2017, 09:14:47 AM
I see in the paper Tyrone clubs have been allocated 12,000 tickets which is a few thousand short of what was needed.

12,000 seems ridiculously low alright. Surely more tickets could have been allocated given that 38,000 appear to have gone for public sale largely to those not affiliated to clubs.
If the 30k and 12k figures are correct - add 7k season ticket holders, 7k maybe long term seats, 2 or 3k to Derry and Roscommon ( we got 700 or 900)  and 2k "slush" tickets you're left with about 21,000.

A lot of people follow football and go to games who aren't paid up GAA members.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

WT4E

Probably pointless but if anyone knows of a spare ticket or two - I have a friend in need. Let me know

Fuzzman

I am also trying to get one for me and the young lad.

Before the Canavan, Pillar and Wooly show last night we were discussing best atmosphere we ever experienced, even in other sports as a few of us would go away every year to matches in Europe.

We all agreed that it was that 2nd half in the 2nd game v Dublin in 2005 when Tyrone were leading by 5 or 6 but Dublin started to come back at us.
Sure enough the lads on the stage started to talk about the exact same thing and Pillar said that often the crowd in the final is not as noisy as they are mixed from several counties whereas the semis tend to be only the two sets of fans.
It will be interesting to see what Sunday is like re the noise level.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 23, 2017, 11:55:12 AM
I am also trying to get one for me and the young lad.

Before the Canavan, Pillar and Wooly show last night we were discussing best atmosphere we ever experienced, even in other sports as a few of us would go away every year to matches in Europe.

We all agreed that it was that 2nd half in the 2nd game v Dublin in 2005 when Tyrone were leading by 5 or 6 but Dublin started to come back at us.
Sure enough the lads on the stage started to talk about the exact same thing and Pillar said that often the crowd in the final is not as noisy as they are mixed from several counties whereas the semis tend to be only the two sets of fans.
It will be interesting to see what Sunday is like re the noise level.

I would agree with that,
Never seen atmosphere like it,(at any sport)  Croke park was rocking.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 23, 2017, 04:54:53 AM

You might regret that question come Sunday :)

The Trap

Tyrone being hyped up and Dublin very quiet - don't like it.......

omagh_gael

The Mayo-Kerry game will take a lot of focus away from our game this week. Dublin will be loving it.

Any thoughts on the Tyrone line up? I think it'll be...

Morgan
McCrory
McNamee
McCarron
McCann
Hampsey
Harte
McClure
C Cavanagh
R Brennan (marking job on O'Callaghan or Kilkenny)
Sludden
Mulgrew
Donnelly
S Cavanagh
Bradley