Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Buttofthehill on August 08, 2017, 01:00:23 PM
One thing that always confuses me is the notion that if you're level with Dublin with 15 mins to go you've a great chance.

I think you're better off being behind but within striking distance against Dublin coming into the home strait.

Dublin have a tendency to concede a glut of scores in a short space of time in big matches.

In fact they've done it in every semi-final since 2012 inclusive.

But they obviously have a tendency to get a glut of scores themselves when they have momentum.

Mayo in the 2015 and 2016 draws had Dublin right where they wanted them but didn't put their foot on Dublin's throat when they should have done.

yellowcard

Tickets on sale at the minute, massive queues to get in.

tippabu

Quote from: yellowcard on August 09, 2017, 11:25:31 AM
Tickets on sale at the minute, massive queues to get in.

I got in nice and early....5 min wait was all. Should be a cracker

yellowcard

Sold out.....for now at least. Though I do imagine that this will eventually be a sell out given the likely hype beforehand and the possibility that many people believe we could see the end of an era with the Dubs getting beaten. 

RedHand88

For the love of all that is holy change the thread name to something else.

ziggysego

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 09, 2017, 12:58:44 PM

+1

Got my ticket.
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Dispelling the Defensive Tyrone Myth

Especially for Zulu, who'd rather see us adopt a "high-risk passing strategy", apparently, and probably uniquely in global sport, ie, being reckless with ball possession! :P  :-\
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

yellowcard

Will Connolly start this match, I'm not sure that it would be the wise thing to do to throw him straight into the cauldron of an AI semi final against a Tyrone side who I expect to bring an intensity level not seen since Donegal 2012 vintage. Although if they are going to play him it may be wiser starting him and bringing him off after 40/45 minutes than throwing him in at the deep end when the game is in the melting pot with 20 minutes to go. Kerry made that mistake with Galvin in an AI final against Tyrone and he was clearly well off match pace.

I expect scores to be at a premium in this match and the best guide as to the pattern the game will take is the league match between the 2 sides earlier this year. Tyrone made it difficult for Dublin to get shots off never mind get scores and really should have won the match. Harte has built his whole gameplan for this very day and I expect it to bear fruits in the semi final since he now has the line breakers and athletes in the middle 8 to cause Dublin real damage on the break. At some point Dublin will come up against a hungrier side playing with the manic aggression that will be required to beat them and I think Tyrone will be that side in the semi final. The only nagging doubt is whether they have the quality of player needed but I think they have dispelled that this season with the scores that they have been putting up. 

RedHand88

Quote from: ziggysego on August 09, 2017, 01:24:56 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 09, 2017, 12:58:44 PM

+1

Got my ticket.

Good man. Dubs going mad about losing out this morning amid the fiasco over when they were actually going on sale. Caught on the hop by eager Tyronies

Dire Ear

Anyone know how often tickets are released, where you hear first?? Gaa.ie love the queues.......! Cheers

Hound

Quote from: yellowcard on August 09, 2017, 01:37:10 PM
Will Connolly start this match, I'm not sure that it would be the wise thing to do to throw him straight into the cauldron of an AI semi final against a Tyrone side who I expect to bring an intensity level not seen since Donegal 2012 vintage. Although if they are going to play him it may be wiser starting him and bringing him off after 40/45 minutes than throwing him in at the deep end when the game is in the melting pot with 20 minutes to go. Kerry made that mistake with Galvin in an AI final against Tyrone and he was clearly well off match pace.

Assuming no curve ball thrown, I think there are 14 starters nailed on for Dublin. Remaining position between Lowndes, Scully, Flynn and Connolly. Pretty sure Lowndes will be the one named, but may or may not be the one to start.

While I can see the sense in holding Connolly back until the last 20/25 minutes, when the game has (probably) opened up a bit more, the potential downside is he tries too hard to make an immediate impact. So personally, I'd start him and see how he goes. 

Speaking of Galvin, Kerry also did that in the 2011 final. In a pre-planned move, they brought him on after 25 minutes, even though they were ahead and Kieran O'Leary had started fine. Poor decision.

BennyHarp

I see the All Ireland U17 final has been added to the schedule of matches along with the minor semi Dub v Derry, for the 27th . Hopefully Tyrone can make it through tonight then.
That was never a square ball!!

Hound

People give out about the GAA's deal with Sky, but it's Ticketmaster who they should cut all ties with.

Go on to Ticketmaster now looking for Dublin v Tyrone tickets, and you are directed to a page stating the following:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GAA All Ireland Football Championship Semi-Final - Dublin v Tyrone
Sun 27 Aug 2017 @ 12:00
Croke Park, Dublin

Sorry, tickets are currently not available. Please check back later.
Don't want to wait? Grab a resale ticket!
Resale Marketplace
Seatwave
Resale prices often exceed face value.

Hill 16 Standing From €65 ea
Nally Terrace Standing From €95 ea
Hogan Stand - Upper Tier From €99 ea
Hogan Stand - Lower Tier From €113 ea
Davin Stand - Lower Tier From €115 ea

Please note All prices listed exclude fees and charges.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Ticketmaster have given part of their allocation to their Official Touting Arm, so they can gouge fans!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Good point Hound, a f**king disgrace! :(
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

stiffler

Wonder will translink run trains to this 1.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009