Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Angry Motorist

Dubs will win easy.  Who will the Tyrone fans fight on the way home?
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: INDIANA on August 07, 2017, 12:00:32 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 11:45:12 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 07, 2017, 11:37:34 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 11:11:10 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 11:08:02 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 10:49:31 AM
It will be a game for the ages and one that I doubt we will come out the right side of.
The biggest factor will be the referee.

On Saturday we got plenty from the referee - thought he was harsh on Armagh although maybe I was feeling sorry for them given the hammering they were taking. All the 50/50 calls went our way.

The Dublin media & pundits will go into overdrive in the lead up to this to plant seeds in his head about our tackiling

A refereeing performance like Lane on Saturday would screw us. He was blowing Monaghan up on everything while letting Dublin away with much more aggression and hands on Monaghan players.

I think Coldrick or Gough are the only referees you'd currently trust to apply things in a consistent manner.

I dont think it is exclusive to Lane though Bomber.

Every game the Dubs play there seems to be 'hometown' decisions.

Our tackling is really first class but if we get penalised for it because we are playing the Dubs we are in serious bother

Lane has never been a good ref for Dublin . Teams like Tyrone blame referees because they haven't been good enough in recent years .

Did you actually watch the Dublin game?

He blew Monaghan at every opportunity and ignored many indiscretions by the Dubs (Cooper for example)

No self respecting Dublin fan would say anything other then Cooper made a meal of it . There was contact but it was minimal . Monaghan statistically this year have conceded a lot of frees . Also when you consistently give the ball to the opposition all the time you invite frees as players get tired . Monaghan had a very negative game plan and haven't the speed on the counterattack to play like that in CP.
The manager has done a great job and extracted as much as he could .2 Ulster titles is a great return off a pretty average group of players

Again teams that are good enough don't point out referees beforehand . Is it a case Tyrone are getting their excuses in early ?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/alan-brogan-five-things-dublin-need-to-do-to-beat-mayo-35077725.html

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/lee-keegan-is-conceding-his-footballing-ability-by-pulling-out-of-connolly-former-dublin-star-calls-for-fair-play-35081716.html
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

RedHand88

Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on August 07, 2017, 12:22:13 PM

These people were not "fans".  Fans of the rip yes, but you wouldn't see them near a game before July.

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 12:33:44 PM

These people were not "fans".  Fans of the rip yes, but you wouldn't see them near a game before July.
How do you know they're not fans?

I've seen fights in the crowd at O'Byrne Cup games, National League games and club games.

And plenty worse on the pitch.

RedHand88

Quote from: sid waddell on August 07, 2017, 12:42:24 PM

I've seen fights in the crowd at O'Byrne Cup games, National League games and club games.

Because I know many of the ones who partook in it and they don't be at league games or early championship for that matter.

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 12:46:08 PM

Because I know many of the ones who partook in it and they don't be at league games or early championship for that matter.
Were you there?

punt kick

Quote from: sid waddell on August 07, 2017, 12:47:48 PM

Were you there?

He did a name check on every Tyrone supporter at the game and a further one on those involved in the boxing, was a busy man!

RedHand88

Were you there?

No I stayed over. But I saw them on Snapchat stories singing songs that have nothing to do with the game.

Dinny Breen

Will be interesting to see what narrative the Dubs in the media will be given to see if they can affect the game, the think tank will be working hard over the next couple of weeks.
#newbridgeornowhere

Taylor

Quote from: INDIANA on August 07, 2017, 12:02:17 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 11:56:56 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 07, 2017, 11:37:34 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 11:11:10 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 11:08:02 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2017, 10:49:31 AM
It will be a game for the ages and one that I doubt we will come out the right side of.
The biggest factor will be the referee.

On Saturday we got plenty from the referee - thought he was harsh on Armagh although maybe I was feeling sorry for them given the hammering they were taking. All the 50/50 calls went our way.

The Dublin media & pundits will go into overdrive in the lead up to this to plant seeds in his head about our tackiling

A refereeing performance like Lane on Saturday would screw us. He was blowing Monaghan up on everything while letting Dublin away with much more aggression and hands on Monaghan players.

I think Coldrick or Gough are the only referees you'd currently trust to apply things in a consistent manner.

I dont think it is exclusive to Lane though Bomber.

Every game the Dubs play there seems to be 'hometown' decisions.

Our tackling is really first class but if we get penalised for it because we are playing the Dubs we are in serious bother

Lane has never been a good ref for Dublin . Teams like Tyrone blame referees because they haven't been good enough in recent years .

Lane did Dublin's bidding for them on Saturday.

Yet another Dub holocaust denier.

Referees favour your side, just try and be honest with the forum.
When you were good enough you didn't look for excuses beforehand . let's hope your team somehow have more cojones for battle then you

Only calling it as it is Indiana.

You would do well to do the same but doubt you have the cojones to do that.

Stay in denial

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 01:01:33 PM

Were you there?

No I stayed over. But I saw them on Snapchat stories singing songs that have nothing to do with the game.
What are you? The song police?

AhNowRef

Quote from: screenexile on August 05, 2017, 11:53:05 PM
Tyrone's system is very good at snuffing out teams who rely on a particular forward, or even 2... McManus, Clarke, McBrearty & Murphy.

Dublin have 6 forwards already who are class then McManamon, Brogan, Flynn, Costello and of course Connolly to come in.

Finally the inbred upstarts from over the mountain will be put back in their box and Saint Mickey can head for the seminary. . . for everyone's sake!

Must be "bitterly" cold up in Londonderry, wi no football te watch, this time a the year sir  ;D  lmao

AhNowRef

Quote from: stew on August 06, 2017, 10:54:09 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2017, 11:27:25 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 05, 2017, 10:06:08 PM
A Jayop don't start that shite. I don't think any ref goes out with that attitude.

Syf, o know this is new territory for you but when your team is still in the last eight. Relax.
Enjoy it
No need to resort to default and slag off everyone.
You seem to have anger management issues.
I really hope ye get through to the semis, not for selfish reasons

I don't know what's insulting about stating what almost all neutrals think will happen. But keep doing what you're doing and convincing yourself it's me that looks petty.

If anything it's sad to see Cavanagh go. One of the best of his generation.

Is it f**k, Cavanagh is the softest big man in gaa history, there is no honour in lying down feigning hurt, the man mastered that discipline, comparwd to McGrane or Tohill he is a disgrace, he is a diving cheating b**tard in the harte mode,  C'mon the Dubs.

Jees lad, hope you wiped your mouth after spewing out all that bile ... do ye feel better now diddums  ::)  ffs  lmao

RedHand88

Quote from: sid waddell on August 07, 2017, 01:36:38 PM

Were you there?

When its my name as a GAA fan being dragged through the mud by the media (particularly Unionist) then yes, I have a right to be annoyed. Jamie Bryson is having a field day with this.

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 05:07:53 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 07, 2017, 01:36:38 PM

Were you there?

When its my name as a GAA fan being dragged through the mud by the media (particularly Unionist) then yes, I have a right to be annoyed. Jamie Bryson is having a field day with this.

But GAA fans fight all the time. GAA players fight all the time.

And really, who cares.

People fight all the time.

And some, like Linfield fans, fire bottles.