Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on August 06, 2017, 09:33:13 AM
Its very interesting.
Tyrone will want to come out at least 40/60,on Cluxton's kickouts.
They will want to swarm the Dublin forwards. And they will have to score goals.
To have a real chance against Dublin, the first thing you have to do is stop Dublin scoring goals.

Tyrone have not conceded a goal in Croke Park in their last seven championship matches there.

A goal or two or three against them as Donegal got certainly is a massive help, but Dublin can be outscored.

In four of Mayo's last six championship clashes against Dublin, they've hit a higher number of total scores.

Similarly, and I know it's only the league, but Tyrone have hit five more overall scores than Dublin in their last five competitive clashes.

The key is to keep the goals out.

The impression of Dublin's dominance over everybody is else is mainly built up through the league and championship rounds up to the quarter-final.

But not once have Dublin "done a job" on a team in an All-Ireland semi-final or final.

Under Jim Gavin, they've conceded 10 goals in 5 All-Ireland semi-final matches.

In every All-Ireland semi-final they've won, their opponents have had a potentially match-winning lead of 4 points or more.

In finals they've won two by 1 point and drew another they should have lost. Dublin's most dominant display in an All-Ireland semi-final or final this decade was against Kerry in the 2015 final and even that was only a 3 point victory with Kerry spurning a goal chance to level the match late on.

Dublin's dominance in All-Ireland semi-finals and finals is vastly overstated.

Syferus

Dublin have lost two matches in seven seasons. Their dominance is in no way overstated.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2017, 12:44:40 PM
Dublin have lost two matches in seven seasons. Their dominance is in no way overstated.

The level of denial when it comes to Dublin Success is quite astounding. There is almost a complete blind eye given to their recent underage success. We hear and hear about Kerry winning 3 in a row minors. But Dublin underage success is ignored.

Just like the GAA community ignores the Dublin Project and fogs it off as a fad.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Taylor on August 06, 2017, 12:05:58 PM
Maybe I'm biased but i think we are great to watch.
The angles & pace we run at are frightening.

Its great stuff altogether best football Ive seen played this decade, I can honestly say if I wa a neutral I would be goingto see every match as its deadly stuff

omaghjoe

Quote from: stew on August 06, 2017, 10:54:09 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2017, 11:27:25 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 05, 2017, 10:06:08 PM
A Jayop don't start that shite. I don't think any ref goes out with that attitude.

Syf, o know this is new territory for you but when your team is still in the last eight. Relax.
Enjoy it
No need to resort to default and slag off everyone.
You seem to have anger management issues.
I really hope ye get through to the semis, not for selfish reasons

I don't know what's insulting about stating what almost all neutrals think will happen. But keep doing what you're doing and convincing yourself it's me that looks petty.

If anything it's sad to see Cavanagh go. One of the best of his generation.

Is it f**k, Cavanagh is the softest big man in gaa history, there is no honour in lying down feigning hurt, the man mastered that discipline, comparwd to McGrane or Tohill he is a disgrace, he is a diving cheating b**tard in the harte mode,  C'mon the Dubs.

Go and spend the rest of the summer running after metal balls down a country road

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Cunny Funt

The end of an era what is that about?

Current Tyrone team remind me of Donegal 2011, a very fit team full of running can hammer poorly organized teams but probably not ready yet to win the All Ireland. I'm expecting Tyrone v Dublin to be a tactical battle and bruising encounter. A low scoring game with few scores from play is most likely.

Il Bomber Destro

Can we beat Dublin? Definitely.

Will we beat Dublin? Maybe.

Hopefully Mickey will lead us to the Oasis.

The Trap

Usually when we get to this time of year the refs let a lot go and if that is the case Tyrone have a chance. If the ref blows Tyrone for tackling the way they have been all year because he is under pressure from the Dublin crowd then the dubs will prob ease clear. I don't think Rock, Andrews, Brogan will hurt Tyrone from play. Mannion, Kilkenny and O'Callaghan may escape an odd time but not for goals. Connolly would be big threat as he can score wonder points. Biggest danger is the pace and power of mccaffrey McCarthy and Fenton but this will be the biggest test they have come against in a long time and I don't think they will waltz through as easy as they are used to.
I actually think Dublins greatest strength is how they defend as a team and that is the acid test for Tyrone. So far they have racked up big scores against mediocre teams but how will the running game go against a well organised Dublin team who work extremely hard?
Will Tyrone push up on kick outs like they did against Donegal and Armagh to very good effect? That will be like playing Russian roulette but I would say they will aim to mix that up.
If Tyrone can stay in contention going in to the second half they can match the Dublin bench and finish strong. They should also be very hungry to win as this team have yet to prove they can beat a Kerry Dublin or Mayo when it counts.
Tyrone have still to prove they are up to the level required to beat Dublin but for the sake of the game I hope they can give it a hell of a rattle.

Gmac

Both teams love to play with the lead and have done all year if one team goes down by 3/4 points be very interesting to see what happens

omagh_gael

As you say Trap, the referee is going to be very important here. Ideally we'd want someone like Gough as he lets a lot more go. However, he has refereed two of our last three games. I don't know if this will be taken into account. I felt Lane was very harsh on Monaghan yesterday and didn't let the game flow like Gough. An over fussy ref that is hounded by the Dublin fans could derail our high intensity defence.

I feel one of our biggest strengths is not giving away many frees, another exceptional effort yesterday. As we all know, Dean Rock will clean up if there's a bucketfull of free kicks.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 06, 2017, 06:57:36 PM
As you say Trap, the referee is going to be very important here. Ideally we'd want someone like Gough as he lets a lot more go. However, he has refereed two of our last three games. I don't know if this will be taken into account. I felt Lane was very harsh on Monaghan yesterday and didn't let the game flow like Gough. An over fussy ref that is hounded by the Dublin fans could derail our high intensity defence.

I feel one of our biggest strengths is not giving away many frees, another exceptional effort yesterday. As we all know, Dean Rock will clean up if there's a bucketfull of free kicks.

The problem with Lane was that he wasn't just fussy, he was completely inconsistent. He was blowing Monaghan up for fouls for any little bit of physical contact and letting Dublin players away with any sort of attempted tackle.

The only semi-competent refs in the game are Coldrick or Gough.

GJL

Does anyone know if family tickets will be available for this?

INDIANA

Huge pressure on Tyrone heading into this game . They are the new team on the block with a young team ,pace , highly skilled young players . Really the pressure is on them to deliver

Dublin are an ageing team defensive team who rarely score anymore . We are travelling in hope . As Sid says above our record of winning all Ireland's in 2011, 2013,2015 and 2016 is over rated . I'm not sure what shit kick a bucket county he's from but obviously I missed their dominance in the same period

Leaving that aside his synopsis is correct . Dublin are on the slide and really people are expecting Tyrone to deliver the victory to put Dublins carcass in the glue factory once and for all

RedHand88

Quote from: GJL on August 06, 2017, 11:28:12 PM
Does anyone know if family tickets will be available for this?

I think so. Think it's just the finals that the children have to pay full whack.