Group Text Messaging

Started by amallon, February 16, 2012, 10:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Can anyone recommend a decent group texting system for the North?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Square Ball

is it for your club? We use teamer and have never had a problem, free to use.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

amallon

No not for the club.  We use the GAA system which is great for the club. 

screenexile

Teamer is 100% I use it frequently and it's a great system!

amallon

Is teamer not a bit rigid?  Its a long time since I looked at it but it used to put a whole load of junk on the text message about being invited to this event??  Is this still the case?

AZOffaly

Yes, for the free service it's more of an invite thing. It also has sponsorship messages. However, there's a subscription teamer I think now, which allows free form texts.

theskull1

Could you not just send group texts using your mobile phone? Most phones support group creation from your contact list. Then it's only a matter of selecting the group you want to send to, write the txt you wish to send and off she goes....simples

Can be as long as you need it to be
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

AZOffaly

Quote from: theskull1 on February 16, 2012, 12:18:40 PM
Could you not just send group texts using your mobile phone? Most phones support group creation from your contact list. Then it's only a matter of selecting the group you want to send to, write the txt you wish to send and off she goes....simples

I use O2 webtext for that. The problem is, of course, that you get so many free web texts per month, and if you are sending to a group of 40 or so, as I am, then you can get stung if you sent a few messages every month.

theskull1

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 16, 2012, 12:20:12 PM

I use O2 webtext for that. The problem is, of course, that you get so many free web texts per month, and if you are sending to a group of 40 or so, as I am, then you can get stung if you sent a few messages every month.

I get 2 or 3 thousand free txts a month so never have to think about that aspect of it.

I know of one person with a 24 month contract with a Samsung Galaxy Ace ..... 300 voice/ 2000 texts/ 500GB Data all for 14 quid a month. Don't know what PAYG offers in terms of txts
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

AZOffaly

Quote from: theskull1 on February 16, 2012, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 16, 2012, 12:20:12 PM

I get 2 or 3 thousand free txts a month so never have to think about that aspect of it.

I know of one person with a 24 month contract with a Samsung Galaxy Ace ..... 300 voice/ 2000 texts/ 500GB Data all for 14 quid a month. Don't know what PAYG offers in terms of txts

I get 250 free texts, as it's a company blackberry and that's their plan. So I have to be careful with training notices, updates etc :)