Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

For those who haven't heard Joe Ward won't be going to the olympics. The tripartite commission did not grant him a place at the games.

nrico2006

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 20, 2012, 09:51:51 PM
For those who haven't heard Joe Ward won't be going to the olympics. The tripartite commission did not grant him a place at the games.

Think the Irish governing body have appealed this decision
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

dillinger

See Tyson Fury won to-night. When he came into the ring they were holding the Irish flag the wrong way around. Us Unionists have been known to get a bit up-set when the Union flag is upside down.  ;)

Atticus_Finch

Carl Frampton vs Kiko Martinez - Odyssey, Saturday the 22nd September

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

nrico2006

Does anyone know the ins and outs of this boxnation deal with The Sun.  Will you have to pay anything to watch Haye and Chisora?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omagh_gael

You'd want to be looking paid to watch that dirt.

Atticus_Finch

Yes nrico you will still have to pay.  They've worded it so it looks like a better deal than it is.

This month boxnation introduced a registration fee of £10.  So on top of having to pay your monthly subscription of £10 you will now also have to pay a one off subscription charge of £10.  The sun offer basically waives this charge.

They were doing an offer of two months for one month but think that has now ended.

Have qualms about watching the fight.  Think it is ridiculous how Warren and co have been able to circumvent the board.  The board have been shown up to look pretty toothless and unorganised during this whole debacle.  Haye and Chisora shouldn't be profiting from what happened in Germany especially in their home country. But I haven't got my value out of box nation since i began subscribing (just before the Mayweather vs Cotto fight) and there's quite a few lads landing around my place so think i will be taking the moral low ground on this one  ;)
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Jonah

Poor fight I thought.

Carmen Stateside

Kahn stopped in 4th after looking to be in control over the first two rounds! Garcia connected with a big shot at end of third which took the legs from Kahn. Fourth round was a good old fashioned slugfest until Kahn couldn't take no more!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Khan was brave but he's been on the floor so often in his career that this shouldn't have been such a big surprised. The odds were completely lopsided considering Garcia was an undefeated WBC champion facing a fighter who'd lost his last fight.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Tony Baloney

For Khan to even dream of a shot at Mayweather is a joke. Strip away the hype and the guy is miles off the mark.

screenmachine

Suffering defeat after defeat and he hasn't really fought anyone at the very top level. He should really be dropping down to European level, another over rated Brit who got handy fights to get him where he is today. Referring to himself as a superstar during the week I believe. What a bellend.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

gallsman

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 15, 2012, 04:49:04 AMThe odds were completely lopsided considering Garcia was an undefeated WBC champion facing a fighter who'd lost his last fight.

Khan was picking him apart at will in the first two rounds, so in a pure boxing sense it was hardly lopsided. As can happen of course though, he got tagged with a good shot and has been proven previously not to have the best of chins.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: screenmachine on July 15, 2012, 09:31:03 AM
Suffering defeat after defeat and he hasn't really fought anyone at the very top level. He should really be dropping down to European level, another over rated Brit who got handy fights to get him where he is today. Referring to himself as a superstar during the week I believe. What a bellend.

Totally agree - Use to kind of like him but now i can't even watch him get beat up cause he's such a tool!