American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Great performance from the vikings last night to take out the super bowl contender Saints. I am a vikings fan and I thought they had no chance agsinst New Orleans.

In the other game the Eagles must be fuming that their star quarterback got taken out by a piece of foul play by Clowney. The game was quite close in the end and Wentz being healthy for the duration of the game could have made all the difference.

gallsman

Watt coming back is an incredible story and his sack, in hindsight, ended upchanging the game, but listening to Tessitore and that absolute moron Booger bang on about him, you'd have thought he was putting in the single greatest defensive performance of all time

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2020, 09:33:14 AM
Watt coming back is an incredible story and his sack, in hindsight, ended upchanging the game, but listening to Tessitore and that absolute moron Booger bang on about him, you'd have thought he was putting in the single greatest defensive performance of all time

It'ds hard to believe these two but especially Booger get paid to commentate. So many times they say stuff that is clearly the oppositie of what has happened before their eyes. Utterly clueless.

That's the only negative note on a great weekend of games. Playoffs are just that cut above the regular season. Hard to see past the rested home teams next weekend - I think the Packers will be delighted with not having to face the Saints.

gallsman

Booger called for a spike on 4th down on one of the Bills final drives ffs.

AZOffaly

Booger is some lala alright.

lurganblue

Quote from: TabClear on January 06, 2020, 07:12:07 AM
Massive blow to Eagles losing Wentz so early but Seahawks deserving winners. I fancy Minnesota to put it up to the niners next week.

I love Wildcard weekend, usually throws up soe exciting matches and this did not disappoint. Texans/Bills game was a cracker. Just shows that no matter what plays are called on the sideline it still usually comes down to the star names to change the game, Watt/Watson and Hopkins. JJ Watt is an absolute legend, if it were not for his injury troubles over the last few years I firmly believe he would be talked about as the greatest defensive player of all time.

Special shout out for Taysom Hill, some match to end up on the losing side! Its great watching him in the game, you never know what is coming up.

The Brees fumble completely ruined his great run beforehand too.

Truth be told the Vikings were the better team on the night.  No complaints.  Ever since the Saints lost at home to the Falcons a few weeks ago I knew that they were weak and wouldn't win the lot.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on January 06, 2020, 09:50:42 AM
Booger called for a spike on 4th down on one of the Bills final drives ffs.

He did, I remember that.

dublin7

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 06, 2020, 09:40:46 AM

It'ds hard to believe these two but especially Booger get paid to commentate. So many times they say stuff that is clearly the oppositie of what has happened before their eyes. Utterly clueless.

That's the only negative note on a great weekend of games. Playoffs are just that cut above the regular season. Hard to see past the rested home teams next weekend - I think the Packers will be delighted with not having to face the Saints.

Hard to believe Packers finished the season with a 13-3 record. Personally think their record is more a reflection of their opponents than their own strength. They were blown away by the 49ers and Ravens in the regular season and only beat the chiefs at the start of the season with a late touchdown when Matt Moore was the Chief's QB.

Wentz leaving the game cost the Eagles any chance of winning the game. Can't believe Clowney wasn't flagged and/or ejected. Dangerous cheap shot, and not the 1st time time he's gone in late like that on a QB.

Based on form it's hard to see past AFC championship game between Ravens & Chiefs, which should be a cracker.

49ers with home stadium advantage should win out the NFC

Gabriel_Hurl

Mike McCarthy in next at Jerryworld

Minder

Quote from: dublin7 on January 06, 2020, 01:55:54 PM

Hard to believe Packers finished the season with a 13-3 record. Personally think their record is more a reflection of their opponents than their own strength. They were blown away by the 49ers and Ravens in the regular season and only beat the chiefs at the start of the season with a late touchdown when Matt Moore was the Chief's QB.

Wentz leaving the game cost the Eagles any chance of winning the game. Can't believe Clowney wasn't flagged and/or ejected. Dangerous cheap shot, and not the 1st time time he's gone in late like that on a QB.

Based on form it's hard to see past AFC championship game between Ravens & Chiefs, which should be a cracker.

Packers have been very inconsistent on offense this year, and Rodgers in particular. Mind you they have a D and a run game this year that they haven't had in the past few years so Rodgers doesent have to drag they team the way he has had to but if he gets hot they could beat anyone.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

oakleaf93

Quote from: dublin7 on January 06, 2020, 01:55:54 PM

Packers never played the Ravens. They also beat the Vikings home and away, the vikings didn't look too shabby last night. The packers have been far from spectacular but they are winning which is all that matters. Can't see them winning in San Francisco right enough

dublin7

Sorry you're right. It was preseason Ravens beat the Packers. Packers to reliant on a Adams at WR and their defence is very inconsistent.
Dalvin Cook missed the last game v the Packers and without him Vikings have to rely on Kirk Cousins, which didn't work out to well previously. Fair play to Cousins last night, didn't think he had it in him. 49ers defence is alot stronger than the saints though so could be a long night for Cousins

Gmac

Just got a couple of very expensive nose bleed seats for 9ers  Vikings tomorrow afternoon,looking forward to my first playoff game in a long time and hopefully an sf win .
9ers by 10

Capt Pat

It should be a 49ers victory. The vikings have suffered losses in the defensive backfield, but you never know the Vikings have nothing to lose.

Hound

Quote from: Gmac on January 11, 2020, 04:08:13 AM
Just got a couple of very expensive nose bleed seats for 9ers  Vikings tomorrow afternoon,looking forward to my first playoff game in a long time and hopefully an sf win .
9ers by 10
out of interest, what's the face value of those tickets?