American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

Been saying all year here that Jimmy G is not good enough, been behind a good O line and a number of weapons not to mention the D they have. When he's under pressure just not good enough, number of missed plays and open players.
Gutted here. Very silent house now.

magpie seanie

Delighted the Chiefs won it, especially for Andy Reid who gets a lot of unwarranted slights on his ability due to not having a SB win. That's put to bed now. Garoppolo is a bang average QB. He couldn't do it when the 49ers were forced to ask him to do it.

Taylor

Mahomes is something else.
The 49ers D looked to have his measure early on but when the chips were down in the last quarter he delivered.

Agree with the sentiments on Jimmy G - decidedly average and you could see Shanahan knows he as to go to the run game to guarantee any sort of offensive results

Gmac

Jimmy g and shanahan don't come out looking good after that finish , 9ers d just wore down at end and couldn't hold up anymore, I think 9ers lost it more than Mahomes won it , not running ball was terrible decision by Kyle

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 25, 2018, 04:44:29 PM
Notre Dame will play Navy on August 29th 2020 at the Aviva.

Game will have a 7pm kickoff - Dublin time.

andoireabu

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 18, 2020, 08:48:06 PM

Anyone ever been to this? Tickets on ticket master are ~€560. Would that be right?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

David McKeown

Quote from: andoireabu on February 18, 2020, 10:00:09 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 18, 2020, 08:48:06 PM

Anyone ever been to this? Tickets on ticket master are ~€560. Would that be right?

As I understand it the tickets currently available are hospitality tickets only. The normal tickets go on sale here on March 20 and in the US before that.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Capt Pat

There was a lot of hype last time about the price of tickets being really high on places like gum tree. Come match day I picked up a ticket for the game at face value after no time looking for one.

dec

There is a sports discussion program on ESPN everyday at 5 called Around the Horn.

Today they had not one but two people on wearing ashes.

The guy in the centre, the host Tony Reali wears ashes every year on Ash Wednesday

DrinkingHarp

NBA suspends season until further notice
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Gabriel_Hurl

Statement coming from the NHL tonight also.

cadhlancian

Would imagine MLB will be under serious pressure to delay opening day and games going forward ...

Gabriel_Hurl

Great job Rudy Gobert

QuoteJazz star Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for the coronavirus, league sources tell ESPN. Jazz players privately say that Rudy Gobert had been careless in the locker room touching other players and their belongings. Now a Jazz teammate has tested positive.

dec

March Madness gone as well now.

Capt Pat

Quote from: cadhlancian on March 12, 2020, 02:38:34 AM
Would imagine MLB will be under serious pressure to delay opening day and games going forward ...

Opening day has been delayed by 2 weeks.

I am still hoping this virus won't cause the nfl draft to be delayed.