Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 17, 2022, 12:40:58 PM
https://www.thejournal.ie/norway-mass-killer-anders-behring-breivik-to-seek-parole-5656822-Jan2022/

Hard to stomach that scum like this are allowed to waste oxygen let alone live in the lap of luxury all paid for by the tax payer. And those poor families will have to see him splashed all over the news every year, listen to his BS and relive the horror over and over again. I don't see the point in rehabilitation for cases like this, there should be capital punishment, swift and move on.
Same for the perp in Tullamore. Why should they be afforded the same rights as ordinary decent people. They gave up those rights when they decided to do what they did.

Apart from satisfying a lust for vengeance what purpose does it serve? Its more expensive on average than life imprisonment, has less detrimental effect on others and tends to make prisons very hard to manage.  That's before we even consider the impact if there was a miscarriage of justice.  A system of parole whilst I accept is often unpalatable is the least bad alternative in my opinion. 
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

imtommygunn

https://twitter.com/BrianDillonsGAA/status/1482395939054698496

The video behind this(which I do not have a link to but someone else might...).

NAG1

Hoping for the family that the Gardai have got the right guy for this now and at least they can get some closure on that end of things.

Problem is there is no way he will be able to be housed in general population in any prison on this island, so unless he can be deported back to the country of origin (going by reports that he was not born here) it is going to cost a complete fortune to hold him here.

I would far rather see this money be used in a positive way as a tribute to the victim's life.

Windmill abu

Quote from: NAG1 on January 18, 2022, 03:40:44 PM
Hoping for the family that the Gardai have got the right guy for this now and at least they can get some closure on that end of things.

Problem is there is no way he will be able to be housed in general population in any prison on this island, so unless he can be deported back to the country of origin (going by reports that he was not born here) it is going to cost a complete fortune to hold him here.

I would far rather see this money be used in a positive way as a tribute to the victim's life.

I think you are overestimating the moral outrage of the drug dealers, sex offender thieves and murderers who make up the general population of the prisons.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

general_lee

Believe it or not there is a hierarchy in prisons and inmates, no matter how big a sc**bag they might be, like to look down on certain category offenders eg sex predators, rapists, child abusers. I'd imagine the perpetrator of this horrid crime will be housed with them.

armaghniac

Czech anti vaxxer dies after deliberately catching Covid to say that she was recovered from it to get a pass
https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2022/0119/1274658-hana-horka/
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mouview

Quote from: armaghniac on January 19, 2022, 04:01:22 PM
Czech anti vaxxer dies after deliberately catching Covid to say that she was recovered from it to get a pass
https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2022/0119/1274658-hana-horka/

Poll position straight away for this year's Darwin awards,

quit yo jibbajabba

The fact that Anders Breivik is even being considered for parole 10yrs after killing 77 people.....some countries have v weird laws....

nrico2006

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 20, 2022, 04:24:53 PM
The fact that Anders Breivik is even being considered for parole 10yrs after killing 77 people.....some countries have v weird laws....

Think the maximum he can do is something like 21 years too, unless they passed some law to change that since he was caught.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dougal Maguire

Anyone know what the joke was that Doug Beattie tweeted about Edwin Posts' wife?
Careful now