Noam Chomsky etc

Started by tyroneman, November 04, 2011, 06:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasMullan

"I believe Russia believes it can do as it wants .....as the US was doing what it wanted for years without any repercussions."

The use of the word 'as' in your sentence means that the former depends on that latter.

Whereas in the real world, Russia has always believed it can do as it wants and has always done what it wants.

You're the one doubling down in denial of what you wrote.

ThomasMullan

Quote from: Itchy on January 11, 2024, 10:27:23 AM
Quote from: ThomasMullan on January 11, 2024, 09:35:07 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 11, 2024, 08:13:43 AMYou have to laugh, the US is annoyed that Russia is using North Korean bombs against Ukraine but seems to have no issue with Israel using American made bombs and white Phosphor munitions (illegal to use in densely populated areas) against civilians in a genocide in Gaza. American hypocrisy knows no ends.

Are you outraged that the Israelis are using American made bombs Itchy?

What are you on abut now? I was pointing out the hypocrisy of America, its quite obvious - its in the last sentence. I am wondering should I just start asking you random questions, you seem to get off on that.

Ask me anything you like.

It's just a pity that NK and Iran supplying weapons to Russia to murder Ukrainians and try to freeze them to death only crops up to use as a prop to highlight American hypocrisy.

The Americans are hypocrites by the way. No argument from me on that.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: ThomasMullan on January 11, 2024, 10:45:34 AM"I believe Russia believes it can do as it wants .....as the US was doing what it wanted for years without any repercussions."

The use of the word 'as' in your sentence means that the former depends on that latter.

Whereas in the real world, Russia has always believed it can do as it wants and has always done what it wants.

I know what I wrote and the intend of writing it because I wrote It, despite telling you numerous times you have misinterpreted it you continue to tell me what I meant. You seem to just want an argument.

Itchy

Quote from: ThomasMullan on January 11, 2024, 10:48:34 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 11, 2024, 08:13:43 AMYou have to laugh, the US is annoyed that Russia is using North Korean bombs against Ukraine but seems to have no issue with Israel using American made bombs and white Phosphor munitions (illegal to use in densely populated areas) against civilians in a genocide in Gaza. American hypocrisy knows no ends.

What are you on abut now? I was pointing out the hypocrisy of America, its quite obvious - its in the last sentence. I am wondering should I just start asking you random questions, you seem to get off on that.

It's just a pity that NK and Iran supplying weapons to Russia to murder Ukrainians and try to freeze them to death only crops up to use as a prop to highlight American hypocrisy.

It crops up today because it is in the papers today. "No argument from me" except there is always an argument from you.

ThomasMullan

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 11, 2024, 11:19:40 AM
Quote from: ThomasMullan on January 11, 2024, 10:45:34 AM"I believe Russia believes it can do as it wants .....as the US was doing what it wanted for years without any repercussions."

I know what I wrote and the intend of writing it because I wrote It, despite telling you numerous times you have misinterpreted it you continue to tell me what I meant. You seem to just want an argument.

It's not my fault you are unable to articulate correctly what you mean.

I've already given a valid reason for my interpretation of what you meant, based on what you wrote.

ThomasMullan

Quote from: Itchy on January 11, 2024, 11:45:47 AM
Quote from: ThomasMullan on January 11, 2024, 10:48:34 AM

It crops up today because it is in the papers today. "No argument from me" except there is always an argument from you.

No, not on that and I hope SA are successful today in the ICC. (They won't be).

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: ThomasMullan on January 11, 2024, 12:31:35 PM

I've already given a valid reason for my interpretation of what you meant, based on what you wrote.

Instead on consistently misinterpreting what I've said and then blaming my articulation and further then defending your misinterpreting by explaining  yourself. Could you not ask me to clarify?

Instead you choose to ignore me and continued on rants. I could have chosen to explain my comment but I find your style of posting abhorrent. 

ThomasMullan

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 11, 2024, 01:36:45 PM
Quote from: ThomasMullan on January 11, 2024, 12:31:35 PM

Instead on consistently misinterpreting what I've said and then blaming my articulation and further then defending your misinterpreting by explaining  yourself. Could you not ask me to clarify?

Instead you choose to ignore me and continued on rants. I could have chosen to explain my comment but I find your style of posting abhorrent. 

What you call 'clarify' is little more than attempting to backtrack and weasel out of what you said, when you were called out for it.

It's also telling that anyone who disagrees with you is apparently on a 'rant'.

I also find your style of debate abhorrent.

PadraicHenryPearse

there is no debate here, its just you ranting at me (and others) and telling me that you understand something i wrote better than me...

ThomasMullan

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 11, 2024, 02:04:49 PMthere is no debate here, its just you ranting at me (and others) and telling me that you understand something i wrote better than me...

Expressing an alternative opinion to PHP, is apparently going on a 'rant'. You really don't take opinions that disagree with you very well do you.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: ThomasMullan on January 11, 2024, 02:16:42 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 11, 2024, 02:04:49 PMthere is no debate here, its just you ranting at me (and others) and telling me that you understand something i wrote better than me...

Expressing an alternative opinion to PHP, is apparently going on a 'rant'. You really don't take opinions that disagree with you very well do you.

What alternative opinions have i disagreed with? I have disagreed with the misrepresentation of what i said repeatedly by you, but that you ignore. That is all i have done.

All you have done is misinterpret my opinion and ranted. for example asking me if i think poles, tatars etc. exist!!!!

I am more sure you are the poster banned from here a few weeks back and I think I'll take the mods advice then and ignore.

ThomasMullan

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 11, 2024, 03:04:31 PM
Quote from: ThomasMullan on January 11, 2024, 02:16:42 PM

What alternative opinions have i disagreed with? I have disagree with misrepresentation of what i said repeatedly but that is ignored. That is all i have done.

All you have done is misinterpret my opinion and ranted. for example asking me if i think poles, tatars etc. exist!!!!

I am more sure you are the poster banned from here a few weeks back and I think I'll take the mods advice then and ignore.

No one is forcing you to talk to me.

Do you agree that the fears those countries have about Russia are real and genuine?