China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 08, 2022, 01:20:15 PM
Quote from: Last Man on March 08, 2022, 12:09:52 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 08, 2022, 10:39:38 AM
Quote from: Last Man on March 08, 2022, 10:28:36 AM
We are naturally so bidable when it comes to our health that we blindly just accept what the medics say when in effect they are just working off a list of guidelines, they just don't have time any more to offer personalised care. In fact because of the afforementioned guidelines they are not allowed to if they want to stay within the system. Green shoots of progress are starting to appear however where some medical professionals are beginning to opt out. All the same it only works if people want to take active responsibility for their own health, otherwise the current somewhat lucrative polypharmacy is your only option and good luck with that one.

But if your not prepared to listen to general medical professionals, why would you listen to anyone? Why blindly accept what someone else is saying on Facebook, YouTube, either? Surely logic says you should side with the most peer reviewed data? Do people just accept these alternative theories to be seen to be different? 🤷‍♂️
What would be the point of being different if you weren't the better for it? The NHS spend £10billion/annum treating diabetes and its complications yet some "maverick" doctors have worked out that by using a number of simple steps patients can put their disease into remmission instead of looking forward to an almost certain future of CVD, macular degeneration, amputations etc etc.
Nobody wants to know, why is that? Thankfully it hasn't happened here but in other countries doctors have been threatened with deregistration for doing the same thing. Look up Dr Gary Fettke court case in Tasmania, the establishment tried to take him out by the roots but were found out in the courty room. Personally, I believe this is symptomatic of a wider problem in health service provision currently and as result I chose to be more discerning in relation to any medical advice I am given.

What's good for you, won't necessarily be good for everyone. Not everyone will be able to make the same changes due to medical and personal reasons. Changes in treatments can take time to filter through while data looked at and analysed.
But that's an aside, I could quote you links to the good treatment by the nhs of diabetes. So why have you decided that that data isn't reliable and these "maverick" doctors are? Is it better peer reviewed data? Or is it just that you want to believe it? I just want to know how you filter what to believe in and what not to?
I'd really be interested in those links when you get a chance, no rush mind. All the same the testimonies of the patients who have put their T2 into remission and alleviated life altering symptoms is compelling for me any way. Other people like taking drugs which all the rest of us have to pay for and choke up the system with the complications of a chronic disease that is largely avoidable. Then others others who have the misfortune to be afflicted by an acute condition cannot get access to the treatment they deserve. The only reason I can deduce is that there is no money in it.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Last Man on March 08, 2022, 01:33:35 PM
We are naturally so bidable when it comes to our health that we blindly just accept what the medics say when in effect they are just working off a list of guidelines, they just don't have time any more to offer personalised care. In fact because of the afforementioned guidelines they are not allowed to if they want to stay within the system. Green shoots of progress are starting to appear however where some medical professionals are beginning to opt out. All the same it only works if people want to take active responsibility for their own health, otherwise the current somewhat lucrative polypharmacy is your only option and good luck with that one.

But if your not prepared to listen to general medical professionals, why would you listen to anyone? Why blindly accept what someone else is saying on Facebook, YouTube, either? Surely logic says you should side with the most peer reviewed data? Do people just accept these alternative theories to be seen to be different? 🤷‍♂️
What would be the point of being different if you weren't the better for it? The NHS spend £10billion/annum treating diabetes and its complications yet some "maverick" doctors have worked out that by using a number of simple steps patients can put their disease into remmission instead of looking forward to an almost certain future of CVD, macular degeneration, amputations etc etc.
Nobody wants to know, why is that? Thankfully it hasn't happened here but in other countries doctors have been threatened with deregistration for doing the same thing. Look up Dr Gary Fettke court case in Tasmania, the establishment tried to take him out by the roots but were found out in the courty room. Personally, I believe this is symptomatic of a wider problem in health service provision currently and as result I chose to be more discerning in relation to any medical advice I am given.

What's good for you, won't necessarily be good for everyone. Not everyone will be able to make the same changes due to medical and personal reasons. Changes in treatments can take time to filter through while data looked at and analysed.
But that's an aside, I could quote you links to the good treatment by the nhs of diabetes. So why have you decided that that data isn't reliable and these "maverick" doctors are? Is it better peer reviewed data? Or is it just that you want to believe it? I just want to know how you filter what to believe in and what not to?
I'd really be interested in those links when you get a chance, no rush mind. All the same the testimonies of the patients who have put their T2 into remission and alleviated life altering symptoms is compelling for me any way. Other people like taking drugs which all the rest of us have to pay for and choke up the system with the complications of a chronic disease that is largely avoidable. Then others others who have the misfortune to be afflicted by an acute condition cannot get access to the treatment they deserve. The only reason I can deduce is that there is no money in it.

From a very quick Google.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/new-nhs-diabetes-diet-helps-6610835.amp

No pills to be popped here just diet and shakes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10505877/amp/Three-jabs-year-new-NHS-drug-save-eyesight-800-000-Brits-experts-say.html

Looks to me that the NHS is looking at both medical and diet interventions. As I said before, what works for one person won't always work for others. It's not always a conspiracy.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Last Man

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 08, 2022, 02:12:35 PM

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/new-nhs-diabetes-diet-helps-6610835.amp

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10505877/amp/Three-jabs-year-new-NHS-drug-save-eyesight-800-000-Brits-experts-say.html

Looks to me that the NHS is looking at both medical and diet interventions. As I said before, what works for one person won't always work for others. It's not always a conspiracy.
Looks to me that the NHS may be forced to change due to the weight of evidence most likely. Slightly disturbing that they would promote these soups and shakes products which no doubt will be on prescription. For the purpose of the trial I can live with it as it at least proves something. I would advocate for real food myself.
Still looks like there will be an extra 5 billion in the coffers in the next couple of years.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Last Man on March 08, 2022, 02:34:28 PM

Looks to me that the NHS may be forced to change due to the weight of evidence most likely. Slightly disturbing that they would promote these soups and shakes products which no doubt will be on prescription. For the purpose of the trial I can live with it as it at least proves something. I would advocate for real food myself.
Still looks like there will be an extra 5 billion in the coffers in the next couple of years.

I'm kinda glad the NHS wait for evidence before making changes to treatments myself......
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on March 08, 2022, 10:44:53 AM
Quote from: Gmac on March 07, 2022, 10:35:52 PM
Quote from: lenny on March 07, 2022, 09:27:39 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 07, 2022, 09:09:45 PM
Follow the evidence, wherever it leads

Treatment with Ivermectin Is Associated with Decreased Mortality in COVID-19 Patients: Analysis of a National Federated Database

Ivermectin, more evidence
https://youtu.be/rfyOihhAD4A

Covid can cause brain damage even in mild or asymptomatic cases. We're going to have a real epidemic of dementia in a few years time.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/07/covid-can-shrink-brain-and-damage-its-tissue-finds-research
Covid has caused all sorts of brain damage but not this kind .

Right wing nut decides to ignore rigorous study by health professionals. Straight out of the Sammy Wilson and Trump playbook.
always quick with the insults the same few guys .
The study says it may be reversible on its own .
It says that existing drugs may be repurposed to treat it , people calling for existing drugs to be repurposed to treat Covid were called idiot anti vaxxers a few weeks ago
Go back through the thread I talked about Covid causing clots around may 2020 and to take vitamin d and c with zinc everyday to boost immune system.
People with any sense new that for Covid to go away we would all need to get it and the virus would get less lethal the longer it went on .
People will also tell you the vaccines worked great even though everyone double or tripled vaxxed got Covid ,  (but we didn't die )

lenny

Quote from: Gmac on March 08, 2022, 03:22:10 PM

Treatment with Ivermectin Is Associated with Decreased Mortality in COVID-19 Patients: Analysis of a National Federated Database

Covid can cause brain damage even in mild or asymptomatic cases. We're going to have a real epidemic of dementia in a few years time.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/07/covid-can-shrink-brain-and-damage-its-tissue-finds-research

Right wing nut decides to ignore rigorous study by health professionals. Straight out of the Sammy Wilson and Trump playbook.
It says that existing drugs may be repurposed to treat it , people calling for existing drugs to be repurposed to treat Covid were called idiot anti vaxxers a few weeks ago
Go back through the thread I talked about Covid causing clots around may 2020 and to take vitamin d and c with zinc everyday to boost immune system.
People with any sense new that for Covid to go away we would all need to get it and the virus would get less lethal the longer it went on .
People will also tell you the vaccines worked great even though everyone double or tripled vaxxed got Covid ,  (but we didn't die )

The brain damage may be reversible and it also may not be ie it could well be permanent. Exisiting drugs may be repurposed if they are effective which hasn't been shown yet, trials are ongoing and these drugs may turn out to be no good. The vaccines have worked extremely well as can be seen by the death rate from omicron. Among the unvaccinated the death rate from omicron is higher than with the original alpha variant. Among the vaccinated the death rate is practically zero. Also being vaccinated halves the risk of long covid. All your speculation and anecdotal evidence and wishful thinking doesn't trump the science.

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on March 08, 2022, 03:38:59 PM

The brain damage may be reversible and it also may not be ie it could well be permanent. Exisiting drugs may be repurposed if they are effective which hasn't been shown yet, trials are ongoing and these drugs may turn out to be no good. The vaccines have worked extremely well as can be seen by the death rate from omicron. Among the unvaccinated the death rate from omicron is higher than with the original alpha variant. Among the vaccinated the death rate is practically zero. Also being vaccinated halves the risk of long covid. All your speculation and anecdotal evidence and wishful thinking doesn't trump the science.
if you got vaccinated 8/9 weeks ago you are unvaccinated.

armaghniac

Quote from: Gmac on March 08, 2022, 04:19:21 PM
If you got vaccinated 8/9 weeks ago you are unvaccinated.

This is a lie. Effectiveness against infection may decrease, but effectiveness against serious disease and hospitalisation will not decrease much. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7107e2.htm?s_cid=mm7107e2_w
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

QuotePeople will also tell you the vaccines worked great even though everyone double or tripled vaxxed got Covid ,  (but we didn't die )

I can't believe this is still being spouted. Well actually I can  :(

Last Man

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 08, 2022, 03:03:41 PM
Quote from: Last Man on March 08, 2022, 02:34:28 PM

I'm kinda glad the NHS wait for evidence before making changes to treatments myself......
If you were a T2 diabetic would you be glad that they have been doling out drugs and flawed nutritional advice for years while you get fatter and sicker when the answer for someone who does not tolerate carbohydrate well is a low carb diet. Sounds like a 1st year biology project. My fat, going blind T2 mate hasn't been offered this but he places all his trust in the doctor and if he/she says carry on as normal thats what he'll do. Time is not on his side and many more besides him. A couple of points from the article below stand out, what exactly do the NHS have to lose by rolling this out nationally apart from the displeasure of the diabetic drug business.

"Thousands more people have access to a "life-changing" diet piloted by the NHS to fight diabetes after early success sees participants lose two stone in twelve weeks.

Early stages of the programme showed positive signs that participants could potentially put their Type 2 diabetes into remission through weight loss."
"Weight loss helps people with diabetes to control their blood sugar levels, and reduces the need for diabetes-related medication.

"Roughly one in 10 prescriptions written by GPs are for treating diabetes, a condition that is estimated to cost the NHS £10 billion a year."
As the number of people receiving diabetes treatment continues to grow, projections show that nearly 39,000 more people could suffer a heart attack in 2035, and more than 50,000 could experience a stroke, the NHS said."

lenny

More science Sammy Wilson/Trump style from Gmac. In other words complete garbage.

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on March 08, 2022, 06:52:11 PM

More science Sammy Wilson/Trump style from Gmac. In other words complete garbage.
trump is a huge vaccine promoter because he set up production of it , no idea who Sammy Wilson is ? He anything to Russell ?

armaghniac

Quote from: lenny on March 08, 2022, 06:52:11 PM

It is a bit like saying that a lot of people whose cars were written off had a sore shoulder because of the seat belt and the air bag hurt their nose, so seat belts and airbags do not work.

armaghniac

The number in hospital with Covid in the 26 counties is up 30% in a week, with 11,000 cases today. This is the price for the reckless premature removal of all restrictions.

Gmac

Quote from: armaghniac on March 08, 2022, 07:40:46 PM
The number in hospital with Covid in the 26 counties is up 30% in a week, with 11,000 cases today. This is the price for the reckless premature removal of all restrictions.
it's over bro time to get your Ukrainian flag out .