China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

CDC are now saying 75% of deaths in USA had at least 4  comorbidities and were very sick people before Covid , time to move on to an exit strategy.

armaghniac

Quote from: Gmac on January 10, 2022, 06:15:45 PM
CDC are now saying 75% of deaths in USA had at least 4  comorbidities and were very sick people before Covid , time to move on to an exit strategy.

Whats a comorbidity? Missing tooth, asthma, rheumatism, high blood pressure, baldness, dodgy knee, wearing glasses?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gmac

Quote from: armaghniac on January 10, 2022, 06:31:15 PM

Whats a comorbidity? Missing tooth, asthma, rheumatism, high blood pressure, baldness, dodgy knee, wearing glasses?
for Covid
Cancer
Diabetes type 1 and 2
Substance abuse
Kidney disease
Lung disease Copd
Down syndrome
TB
Mental health disorders
Heart disease , hyper tension,
Cerebrovascular disease
Liver disease
Most of the stuff you mentioned seem fine so things are looking good for you .
Do you want it to go on forever?  Look for positives

J70

Have you seen the average American as you walk around Gmac?

Having at least some of the comorbidities from that list is far from exceptional.

And those are just deaths. What about serious illness and the current packing of hospital (not just ICU) beds all over?

Not wanting it to go on forever is all the more reason for people to get vaccinated!

Jim Bob

Can anyone explain why GPS more or less shut up shop and it's ni impossible to get an appointment with them ?.?

RedHand88

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 10, 2022, 09:13:25 PM
Can anyone explain why GPS more or less shut up shop and it's ni impossible to get an appointment with them ?.?

They haven't shut up shop. Appointments are done on a triage basis day by day and demand is very high. If the GP decides that your problem can't be dealt with by phone, you'll be called in. Each GP deals with about 30 phone calls a day, maybe seeing about 5-10 of those face to face. They also deal with house calls, blood results, actioning letters, vaccinate, smear clinics, baby clinics etc.

Unfortunately there are only so many phone calls can be done in a working day! Once the list is filled that's it until the following day, although they will still deal with emergencies.

If you are struggling to get through on the phone, my advice is redial redial redial. Get a redial app on your phone to do the work for you. Whatever you don't try 3 or 4 times and give up. Redial for 15 minutes straight and you will get through.

I think more needs to be done to educate people on how to access the healthcare system, what is and isn't a GP problem etc.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: J70 on January 10, 2022, 08:19:57 PM

Don't be silly.

They segway or mobility scooter around.

Walk? FFS that might burn calories  ;D
i usse an speelchekor

Tony Baloney

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 10, 2022, 09:31:28 PM

They haven't shut up shop. Appointments are done on a triage basis day by day and demand is very high. If the GP decides that your problem can't be dealt with by phone, you'll be called in. Each GP deals with about 30 phone calls a day, maybe seeing about 5-10 of those face to face. They also deal with house calls, blood results, actioning letters, vaccinate, smear clinics, baby clinics etc.

Unfortunately there are only so many phone calls can be done in a working day! Once the list is filled that's it until the following day, although they will still deal with emergencies.

If you are struggling to get through on the phone, my advice is redial redial redial. Get a redial app on your phone to do the work for you. Whatever you don't try 3 or 4 times and give up. Redial for 15 minutes straight and you will get through.

I think more needs to be done to educate people on how to access the healthcare system, what is and isn't a GP problem etc.
Are you a GP?

RedHand88

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 10, 2022, 09:54:36 PM

Are you a GP?

I am not but I work in one.

Jim Bob

Not much bother getting through to reception . My problem can't be dealt with by phone but was told that due to covid he was unable to give my mother an injection .... She is now in pain but has to wait until some unknown time to try and get another appointment with him.

Wildweasel74

How's a gp supposed to diganose what's wrong with your chest over the phone or tell what's wrong with you, simple answer they can't. I was spitting up blood for 7 days, had ripped stomach lining in past and though it was a reoccurrence. It was 2 weeks before they see me face to face as it wasn't deemed a emergency, ended up it was early stages of tuberculosis. Point is if they seen me at the start I wouldn't had the problems I still have now. The service from the gp in my opinion went through the floor. Having to explain to the admin who not a doctor your medical issues not on either. They got 8 gp in my surgery, near all are part time, u can't see the same gp twice, how are they supposed to keep track of a patients well been when you don't see the same doctor L. Years ago you seen the same doctor all the time and they knew your history, but they worked full time not a 2/3 day week.

David McKeown

I've had to see my GP on far too many occasions over the last six weeks. Phoned up in the morning. Was called back around lunch and when necessary was seen in the afternoon. Can't fault the system at all.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Jim Bob

Quote from: David McKeown on January 11, 2022, 12:57:50 AM
I've had to see my GP on far too many occasions over the last six weeks. Phoned up in the morning. Was called back around lunch and when necessary was seen in the afternoon. Can't fault the system at all.

You are lucky. I can't see how Covid  is a reason for preventing any GP in our surgery administering a pain relieving injection. 

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 10, 2022, 09:35:03 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 10, 2022, 08:19:57 PM

Don't be silly.

They segway or mobility scooter around.

Walk? FFS that might burn calories  ;D
the same fat shites would tell you put on a mask to protect their health

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: armaghniac on January 10, 2022, 06:31:15 PM

Our ol' mate gmac regurgitating Don Jrs rubbish again

QuoteWalensky referenced a particular study that found:

Of 1,228,664 people *fully vaccinated*

Just 36 died of Covid-19

28 of those 36, 78%, had four or more comorbidities

Walensky was asked about this study and responded by summarizing the study. Did not talk all Covid deaths

The clip is here - https://twitter.com/JamesSurowiecki/status/1480709905405427712