Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Well to my knowledge there are lights at Cliftonville, Woodlands, the Dub, Windsor, Shore road, and other grounds but help me in identifying similar on our units grounds.

bannside

CB everyone with half a brain knows the problems and the deficiencies. Where the county's shortfalls are. What needs to done. Just like everyone knew thirty years ago when the O Hara report was published.  Youre not saying anything everyone else dosent know.

The difference is we have a proactive, radical and progressive board in situ, who are very obviously getting things done, and all you want to contribute is as much negativity as you possibly can. Are things perfect? No far from it. But some very significant steps have been taken to put a foundation in place.

Are you able to offer anything constructive, any solutions you could personally recommend. Have you a few local businesses you can help co opt onto the SBF, that's already projecting half a million pounds to us over five years. Why don't you help double that total.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 26, 2017, 09:08:51 AM
CB everyone with half a brain knows the problems and the deficiencies. Where the county's shortfalls are. What needs to done. Just like everyone knew thirty years ago when the O Hara report was published.  Youre not saying anything everyone else dosent know.

The difference is we have a proactive, radical and progressive board in situ, who are very obviously getting things done, and all you want to contribute is as much negativity as you possibly can. Are things perfect? No far from it. But some very significant steps have been taken to put a foundation in place.

Are you able to offer anything constructive, any solutions you could personally recommend. Have you a few local businesses you can help co opt onto the SBF, that's already projecting half a million pounds to us over five years. Why don't you help double that total.
Of course I recall the "O'Hara report" and am well aware of who commissioned such and how one who was in my humble 'half a brain' opinion a real leader was ousted.
I am sure you can recall the scurrilous campaign launched against that individual BS.....I certainly do and am well aware of those involved.
Really have no time for those who launch 'behind the hand' whispering campaigns, and look at such blame games comments more than prevalent on this Board taken directly from the Tory hand book.

Milltown Row2

Ok CB in your humble half brain opinion who should be looking after the affairs of Antrim and what are your realistic ideas for Antrim's future... oh and how that would be achieved ..

Don't shy away from it please
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2017, 12:25:10 PM
Ok CB in your humble half brain opinion who should be looking after the affairs of Antrim and what are your realistic ideas for Antrim's future... oh and how that would be achieved ..

Have no idea .....but would look to individuals who have a proven record within the confines of a club which has at least ascended to a county senior title, and they had a role therein.

Perhaps like yourself when you come to terms with the fact you are not destined to ref a senior decider, and you make strides to mind your manners.

Have a close look at the credentials of those presently in occupancy and consider.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 26, 2017, 01:21:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2017, 12:25:10 PM

Have no idea .....but would look to individuals who have a proven record within the confines of a club which has at least ascended to a county senior title, and they had a role therein.

Perhaps like yourself when you come to terms with the fact you are not destined to ref a senior decider, and you make strides to mind your manners.

Have a close look at the credentials of those presently in occupancy and consider.

So you've no problem giving off about ones putting effort in but offer nothing else, proper barfly!

I've no ambitions for ref'ing county finals, I'm not a brown nose ;) I'm happy doing what I can, putting something back, more than I can say for you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Touch a nerve MR2......?
Who ever suggested u were a "brown rose"?

Glad to see u do not claim ur ref fee and ex's....and ur nasty comments are completely without foundation.

U certainly do not know me or u would never question my utmost commitment to club and county.

Can really do without ur comments... :'(

bannside

Certainly no one questioning your committment to your club CB, but this is the Antrim way forward thread. Can you offer anything positive to this discussion.

For example, if you, (being within the confines of a club who won  county title...stupid criteria to even begin with) were county chairman what would your one main priority be that would make tangible improvement, and how can this be delivered and funded

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 26, 2017, 05:22:19 PM
Touch a nerve MR2......?
Who ever suggested u were a "brown rose"?

Glad to see u do not claim ur ref fee and ex's....and ur nasty comments are completely without foundation.

U certainly do not know me or u would never question my utmost commitment to club and county.

Can really do without ur comments... :'(

I haven't claimed them

No nerve touched (see smiley face)

I am taking the piss with you, if you don't like it then go elsewhere, wind your neck in or stop slagging yourself

Hiding behind a computer means I can say you've done nothing as you can be anybody with an axe to grind, which seems to be your form, chip on both shoulders means you're perfectly balanced...

You've yet to give an opinion which is positive

You've plenty of comments which I can claim would be nasty, but thus is a silly discussion forum and if you are taking it thick that's not my problem, but spare me the hard done by shit

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 26, 2017, 05:28:27 PM
Certainly no one questioning your committment to your club CB, but this is the Antrim way forward thread. Can you offer anything positive to this discussion.

For example, if you, (being within the confines of a club who won  county title...stupid criteria to even begin with) were county chairman what would your one main priority be that would make tangible improvement, and how can this be delivered and funded
Aye right I am stupid BS....but forelock tugging is not a problem I have.
Have been about a while and seen more than a few "new dawns" and although I have no problems with those who hope to lead us onwards I do have problem with individuals like urself who would pour scorn on those who have done their utmost for our county in the past.
Many of those were and do remain my friends, and indeed I still vividly recall the especially nasty campaign which looked to unseat one of the most talented official Antrim ever had.
Do you remember.....?

bannside

Remember it well. Democracy shone through in the end and will do so again. I know you CB and yes you are very interested in county affairs and officialdom which has been swimming against the tidefor decades. Surely you can see really good tangible progress?

And if so why the hell are you being so blatantly negative all the time?

JimStynes

Some craic in here.
Pull the county teams out of all competitions and let everyone focus on their clubs, sure the county is a waste of time  ;)

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 26, 2017, 07:05:00 PM
Remember it well. Democracy shone through in the end and will do so again. I know you CB and yes you are very interested in county affairs and officialdom which has been swimming against the tidefor decades. Surely you can see really good tangible progress?

And if so why the hell are you being so blatantly negative all the time?

Democracy....was that before or after the court cases which followed BS.....?
Certainly nothing close to democratic as my memory would recall were those events on an occasion which brought little credit to our county.

The unfettered canvassing which prevails at the moment pales into insignificance in comparison to the events of such convention on that occasion.

And as a matter of interest is canvassing within rule ?

And acknowledging the fact that you have insight BS is there a move afoot to terminate the existence of divisional boards ?

Negative...not a bit of me an Antrim man living on the Derry border with the Tyrone frontier a couple of miles up the road must be an eternal optimist or walk through Toome with a bag over my head.... 8).

Milltown Row2

Nobody's covered themselves in glory over the years on the Antrim county board, but there has to be stability... if we keep changing we'll never get anything finished! People come with a five year plan, out the door in two! Doesn't make sense

BrendanAntrim

Be interested to see where the rules mention canvessing, or deem it illegal. Maybe you could post the relevancy text CB? Thanks.