The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Brooks hard man act is getting old I think, same guy was  saying  fans were trying to take his knees out at the pga on the scrum at the 18th hole.

Gabriel_Hurl

2 points from two for Leona Maguire at the Solheim Cup - her first appearance

An Watcher

Just seeing that now.  I assume she played well today.  I know your partner can carry you in the four balls but not the foursomes.  Fair play tobher, great to see.  Free on skysports youtube

seafoid

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 04, 2021, 11:34:17 PM
2 points from two for Leona Maguire at the Solheim Cup - her first appearance

Very impressive against the mighty Kordas
Hon Cavan
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2021, 07:51:50 AM
Will Leona be rested today?

My application for team manager of Europe Solheim Cup team has been rejected.

Leona is now 3 points from a possible 3!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2021, 03:48:29 PM
Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2021, 07:51:50 AM
Will Leona be rested today?

My application for team manager of Europe Solheim Cup team has been rejected.

Leona is now 3 points from a possible 3!
Fantastic stuff. She wouldn't by any chance be related  to the Gunner Brady, would she ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

An Watcher

3.5 points out of 4.  She must be the top scorer in the competition.  Great to see and fantastic entertainment.  Looking forward to tomorrow's singles

Itchy

Superb from Leona, she is such a tough competitor and clearly doesn't care about reputations of the stars she's fsving. That last 4 ball she was involved in was of the highest standard. Doing the motherland proud.

Hound

Leona was superb.

I watched most of the first 2 days and she's been one of the stars, and the Sky commentators have been gushing in their praise of her.
She's not technically the best golfer out there (although obviously she's great just to be there), but her tenacity and fight is top drawer, and she is one of the best putters, which is really key for matchplay.

Taking out Nelly Korda twice in the foursomes is some feather in the cap. They were directly up against each other in taking the same alternate shot for their teams, and Leona was the one who handled the pressure better, which was extraordinary.

Leona was the only person on either team to play all 4 matches and a 3.5 point return was superb.

She has a tough draw today against Kupcho who also played very well in their tied game in the afternoon fourballs on Sunday.

Itchy

Leona is like a terminator out there today. 4 up after 7, an Eagle, holing putts from everywhere.

Gabriel_Hurl

Rois

What a legend. Excited for what's to come from Leona.

lenny

Quote from: Rois on September 06, 2021, 10:02:58 PM
What a legend. Excited for what's to come from Leona.

She has the potential to be Irelands greatest golfer of all time. Great head on her shoulders.