Crossmaglen

Started by T Fearon, March 14, 2016, 07:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 01, 2017, 04:07:19 PM
Quote from: longballin on October 01, 2017, 03:44:31 PM
I'm guessing most of the comments are from people werent at the game. I was. It was a bit of pushing and shoving looked bad because so many at it. Wasnt a punch thrown, certainly no-one was felled. Was about final whistle time and a clip on social media does not at all reflect what was an excellent fair hard hitting game... unfortunately boys with their mobile phones dont show the great fielding by both teams, scores and passages of play...
Much ado about nothing the so-called mellee

I would agree with you to an extent by the issue was that some cross supporters were on the field. I have heard things are far from as clear cut as people would suggest in terms of blame.

Genuinly don't know who was on the field and Im not from Crossmaglen or Maghery but I did think it was a great game and more pushing than anything at the end. You're right though, no supporter should have went in...

tonto1888

I'm guessing most of the comments are from people werent at the game. I was. It was a bit of pushing and shoving looked bad because so many at it. Wasnt a punch thrown, certainly no-one was felled. Was about final whistle time and a clip on social media does not at all reflect what was an excellent fair hard hitting game... unfortunately boys with their mobile phones dont show the great fielding by both teams, scores and passages of play...

The video I seen certainly looked like punched were thrown. What it didn't show though was who or what started it

thebar

Quote from: T Fearon on October 01, 2017, 02:29:13 PM
This wanton Crossmaglen violence is a sign of a much deeper malaise,deriving from arrogance and entitlement (how dare anyone in Armagh even think about beating us).Other manifestations have been holding the county team to ransom during our best years,and generally being the tail that wagged the County Board dog for far too long.

A few years,or hopefully more,in the wilderness will do them no harm.
very bitter

bennydorano

Fantastic game of football last night, i guess the loss of Jamie and TK is very significant but I thought Maghery were much the better unit and only for The O'Neill brothers  (specifically Oisin) the margin of victory would have been much greater. Cross had an unbelievable run of success with an abnormal amount of quality players from one club in such a short period of time but they've looked like they've been coming back to thd field this past year or two. They'll undoubtedly still pick of County titles with regularity but the glory days are over. Commitment and organisation will get you so far but they cant replace the quality of bygone years or inject youth into old legs.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: thebar on October 01, 2017, 04:46:23 PM
This wanton Crossmaglen violence is a sign of a much deeper malaise,deriving from arrogance and entitlement (how dare anyone in Armagh even think about beating us).Other manifestations have been holding the county team to ransom during our best years,and generally being the tail that wagged the County Board dog for far too long.

very bitter
No far off the mark though
Careful now

punt kick

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 01, 2017, 05:24:52 PM
Quote from: thebar on October 01, 2017, 04:46:23 PM

very bitter
No far off the mark though

I would agree 100% with every word.

Rufus T Firefly

I was at the game and I was about ten yards from the major flare up. What started the melee was what to me resembled a frenzied and uncontrolled attack by one player, with multile punches thrown to the head of an opposition player, who was on his knees.

Now, would you care to revisit your statement whch reads 'Wasnt a punch thrown'?

longballin

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on October 01, 2017, 06:10:49 PM

I was at the game and I was about ten yards from the major flare up. What started the melee was what to me resembled a frenzied and uncontrolled attack by one player, with multile punches thrown to the head of an opposition player, who was on his knees.

Now, would you care to revisit your statement whch reads 'Wasnt a punch thrown'?

If you say so... looked like a shoving session were I was. Must have been serious injury by sounds of that...  :o

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: longballin on October 01, 2017, 06:22:08 PM

If you say so... looked like a shoving session were I was. Must have been serious injury by sounds of that...  :o

Is there an inference there that if there wasn't a serious injury resulting, then it was ok?

RealSpiritof98

It's a physical game we play and at times these types of instances do seem to flare up and the boiling point can be breached. However cross have all too often been the aggressors in these fracas and they don't care for any side who dares stand up to them, case in point when their bench emptied in Keady last year when Stephen Kernan tried to take a Harps players head off with his elbow. Also watching cross as an opposing fan can be a very intimidating experience. From personal experience they don't like when you try and call for free, or even shout on encouragement with many sections of they're fans resorting to personal jibes and cocky retorts yet they constantly heckle officials. Part of me feels they've earned entitlement but its really not a great experience and has left a stain on their club for many opposing fans.

under the bar

Ok who did you see throwing the punches?  It's hardly a secret?

Dougal Maguire

Well if it's hardly a secret, you tell us.
Careful now

Don Johnson

Definitely punches thrown in the video on Facebook

Beffs

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Beffs on October 01, 2017, 11:11:21 PM
Link?
If you're on Facebook go to Tommy French Sports Betting or just search Cross Maghery.

Looks like tight lads from Cross lads ably assisted by supporters cornering a Maghery fella(s) against the wire. Cowardly stuff.