Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Club Tyrone "Business of Winning" business breakfast is coming up on Thursday 30 May (breakfast from 8.30) in association with Bank of Ireland. 
You don't have to be a Club Tyrone member to come along, and it is complimentary
Hosted by Lynette Fay, we'll have an interview with Eamon McCay, Strabane entrepreneur and founder of Frylite, and a panel of our own sports stars. 
Register at Business of Winning RSVP or email Club Tyrone

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on March 25, 2024, 12:48:03 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on February 09, 2024, 12:13:09 PMAn Ulster University side backboned by Tyrone players have qualified for the Sigerson Cup final with a 1-13 to 0-11 victory over Maynooth tonight. Darragh and Ruairi Canavan, Ciaran Daly, Conor Cush, Peter Og McCartan, Oisin McCann and Steve Donaghy started for Ulster University while Dara Curran, Adam Donaghy, Eoin Montgomery, James Quinn, Harry Morgan and second-half sub Danny Fullerton were named on the bench.

Oisin McCann for me stood out. Surely worth a go on the County panel, has the physical size and is full of talent. If he got a run with the county I think he would turn into a top player.
I remain unconvinced by Conor Cush, I am not sure if he is cut out for the top level.
Best thing for Conor Cush would be to release him back and let him have a full season with Donaghmore. Was fast tracked too soon after the 2022 U20 win, has done him no favours longer term. Good season with his club would surely help.
Nathan McCarron another who would probably benefit from being released back to his club, two games this year and hooked at half time in both. Wouldn't be good for confidence.
Can now add Lorcan Quinn and Conor Cush to the list of players who have left the County Panel.

square_ball

Funny enough I did see Lorcan Quinn was playing a bit of soccer so was wondering whether that was with management blessing. Who is our back up keeper now?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: square_ball on Today at 09:51:31 AMFunny enough I did see Lorcan Quinn was playing a bit of soccer so was wondering whether that was with management blessing. Who is our back up keeper now?
Oisin O'Kane Loughmacrory. Although I would say the U20 keeper will join with the squad after Sunday

tiempo

Quote from: square_ball on Today at 09:51:31 AMFunny enough I did see Lorcan Quinn was playing a bit of soccer so was wondering whether that was with management blessing. Who is our back up keeper now?

Was extremely harsh this fella didn't even get a runout in the McKenna Cup or that dead rubber NFL game against Dublin at Croke, with that sort of treatment most people would be very reluctant to stay

Mikhailov

Quote from: tiempo on Today at 11:42:53 AM

Was extremely harsh this fella didn't even get a runout in the McKenna Cup or that dead rubber NFL game against Dublin at Croke, with that sort of treatment most people would be very reluctant to stay

That is shocking poor from management if that is correct. I just assumed he played some minutes in McKenna cup but obviously not. Is it any wonder he walked away. Fair play to him as he obviously wants to play football

tiempo

Come to think of it, did Lorcan Quinn ever get a minute for Tyrone while on the panel, and how long was he on the panel, anyone from Donaghmore able to confirm? Was definitely there in 2021 - did he seriously just train and sit on the bench for every game for 3 and a half years, while also being unable to play for club?

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: tiempo on Today at 01:14:33 PMCome to think of it, did Lorcan Quinn ever get a minute for Tyrone while on the panel, and how long was he on the panel, anyone from Donaghmore able to confirm? Was definitely there in 2021 - did he seriously just train and sit on the bench for every game for 3 and a half years, while also being unable to play for club?
He played McKenna cup at some stage either 2022 or 2023.