TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Anyone watched Succession? On season 2 and finding it a real drag. Awkward, cringy stuff with horrible characters. Not sure I've the will to finish it!

J70

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 18, 2023, 10:13:30 AM
Anyone watched Succession? On season 2 and finding it a real drag. Awkward, cringy stuff with horrible characters. Not sure I've the will to finish it!

You're not on this thread very often, are you? ;D

As to your question... brilliant series. Stick with it.

Jell 0 Biafra

If it's not doing it for you by season 2, time to bin it.  It doesn't really change.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 18, 2023, 04:22:54 PM

If it's not doing it for you by season 2, time to bin it.  It doesn't really change.

Cheers lad. Think I will.

TwoUpTwoDown

Entourage 19 years old today...it was an enjoyable watch!

dec

The horrible characters are the best bit.

gerrykeegan

The Sixth Commandment on BBC is very good so far.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: gerrykeegan on July 18, 2023, 11:15:34 PM

Concur. 3 down 1 to go

gallsman

Excellent. Suspect it'll be quite the start making turn for Éanna Hardwick. Quietly terrifying.

Finished season two of The Bear last night. Incredibly well acted show. Episode 6 with a load of guest stars is one of the best episodes of TV in years. Family dysfunction to rival any Irish Christmas.

Saffron_sam20

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on July 18, 2023, 06:52:24 PM
Entourage 19 years old today...it was an enjoyable watch!

What a show, Jonny Drama has to be one of the best characters ever in a TV series, class comedy value. id also love to see a writer try put a character like Ari Gold in a show now just to see twitter explode, he was class. What a show

WT4E

Love watching the sports docs. Watching quarterback and so far feel its poor enough but just spotted produced by Peyton Manning. Obviously went for the dull sober religious type QBs would have been better with a bad boy type in it IMO.

An Watcher

Enjoying it with a few episodes to go.  Like the way that its not all about Mahomes and Cousins.  Seen Morattas issues but hopefully more to come

J70

Quote from: gallsman on July 19, 2023, 07:09:35 AM

Excellent. Suspect it'll be quite the start making turn for Éanna Hardwick. Quietly terrifying.

Finished season two of The Bear last night. Incredibly well acted show. Episode 6 with a load of guest stars is one of the best episodes of TV in years. Faculty dysfunction to rival any Irish Christmas.

Finished Season 2 last night. We'll set up for a third.

And yeah, the Emmy nominations will be bursting out of that episode 6.

Jamie Lee Curtis for sure, but Jon Bernthal and Bob Odenkirk were brilliant guest appearances also.

Great cast, acting and writing in general though.

And so passionate about the restaurant business.

Mourne Red

Been really enjoying Hijack - Idris Elba's show on Apple TV. On the dodgy fire sticks if anyone uses them 👀

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 26, 2023, 10:11:37 PM
Been really enjoying Hijack - Idris Elba's show on Apple TV. On the dodgy fire sticks if anyone uses them 👀

I'm going to give it a go, though she was saying his voice was a bit too gangsterish!! From the trailer we watched
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea