TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Quote from: bennydorano on June 14, 2023, 11:19:36 PM
2 episodes into The Silo on AppleTV, very very promising. Dystopian / Mystery / Sci-fi

The season 1 finale was superb. How to do sci-fi properly.

Let's hope they've the good sense to leave it at one series. The principle behind the show seems to have a Lost-style potential for endless nonsense.

thebigfella

Quote from: thewobbler on July 08, 2023, 06:17:04 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 14, 2023, 11:19:36 PM
2 episodes into The Silo on AppleTV, very very promising. Dystopian / Mystery / Sci-fi

The season 1 finale was superb. How to do sci-fi properly.

Let's hope they've the good sense to leave it at one series. The principle behind the show seems to have a Lost-style potential for endless nonsense.

It's based off a series of books and pretty true to source material. Not sure why they would leave it at one season.

clarshack

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 26, 2023, 03:43:53 AM
Final episode of Black Mirror is really terrific.  Proper Hammer House of Horror stuff.  And with a hilarious demon.

Was a very good episode. Also thought the Loch Henry episode was well done too.

Milltown Row2

really enjoying Black Summer on Netflix
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tbrick18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 11, 2023, 11:00:23 AM

Yeah it was good, unfortunately cancelled after season 2 I think.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 11, 2023, 11:23:43 AM

Yeah, this is what annoys me about Netflix, there are so many series that they axe after maybe 1 or two series ffs, the show must have to hit so many figures by a period to get banking for a new series.. Covid has hit a lot of shows to I think

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maddog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 11, 2023, 11:49:18 AM

Yeah, this is what annoys me about Netflix, there are so many series that they axe after maybe 1 or two series ffs, the show must have to hit so many figures by a period to get banking for a new series.. Covid has hit a lot of shows to I think

Aye i was watching one set in russia about a pandemic oddly enough. It didnt get any further.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: clarshack on July 11, 2023, 10:53:22 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 26, 2023, 03:43:53 AM
Final episode of Black Mirror is really terrific.  Proper Hammer House of Horror stuff.  And with a hilarious demon.

Was a very good episode. Also thought the Loch Henry episode was well done too.

Yeah, I liked that one a lot too.

Jell 0 Biafra

It's not just Netflix though. Prime do it too.  One of the best shows I've seen in recent years, Patriot, was canceled after 2 seasons.  Black comedy/spy thing.  Highly rec'd.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: maddog on July 11, 2023, 11:51:48 AM

Aye i was watching one set in russia about a pandemic oddly enough. It didnt get any further.

It was really good!! Finished with the Chinese? Was hoping that was coming back

From the Bunker

Yeah it's a real roller-coaster right from the beginning. There is very little down time for small chat. Huge levels of who to trust, where to go and what to do. An unglamorous survival series.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 11, 2023, 05:59:30 PM

Yeah it's a real roller-coaster right from the beginning. There is very little down time for small chat. Huge levels of who to trust, where to go and what to do. An unglamorous survival series.

I've told the wife after various shows I know what to do when the shit goes down!!

Milltown Row2

Watched Murder in the alps the other night, 10 years on, no leads or creditable evidence to link anyone to those murders.

Stands out for the child that was found alive underneath the dead body's.. madness

quit yo jibbajabba

White Lotus 2. 1 left to go. Love it

jcpen

Couple of episodes into Angela Black on Netfilx, very good so far.
This is one of my 3 usernames.