TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

2nd episode of Black Mirror a big improvement over the first, imo.

thewobbler

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 21, 2023, 02:26:16 AM
2nd episode of Black Mirror a big improvement over the first, imo.

Yep, bang back in form.

Episode 3 pretty good too.

As a rule, Black Mirror better is a better concept when focused on human dilemmas enabled by technology, rather than technology enabling human dilemmas. Which probably makes no sense, but it does me.

Jell 0 Biafra

Episode 3 was pretty great alright.  Great ending.

gawa316

Just watch Bloodhounds on Netflix...I'm not too hard to please but I loved it!

HiMucker

Is black mirror a show that you can just watch standalone episodes or do you need to follow the series?

bennydorano

Quote from: bennydorano on June 14, 2023, 11:19:36 PM
2 episodes into The Silo on AppleTV, very very promising. Dystopian / Mystery / Sci-fi
Stumbling along in a run of the mill way now, not great.

Foundation is a much better sci fi show on Apple

mrdeeds

Quote from: HiMucker on June 22, 2023, 08:09:17 AM
Is black mirror a show that you can just watch standalone episodes or do you need to follow the series?

Standalone episodes.

Jell 0 Biafra

Final episode of Black Mirror is really terrific.  Proper Hammer House of Horror stuff.  And with a hilarious demon.

God14

Just watched that episode of 'once upon a time in Northern Ireland'. Harrowing, heartbreaking TV. But compelling and compulsive

The format of the interviews, the story is so well done. But Geez what sadness

bennydorano

Bit late to Yellowstone,  near caught up now, loving it. You can really see why it's a Red state. It's like an ongoing advertisement for the Republican Party.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on July 07, 2023, 07:51:39 PM
Bit late to Yellowstone,  near caught up now, loving it. You can really see why it's a Red state. It's like an ongoing advertisement for the Republican Party.
It's very good. Wee bit patchy in the later series imo but we'll worth sticking with. Waiting on the rest of s5 to appear!

bennydorano

Think I prefer the later series tbh, bit better paced and more sedate, the were bodies flying about like a comical A Team episode in the early series.

Olly

Has anyone seen The Modern Family. It's set in America and it's about a man and a woman with 3 dysfunctional children. The father is an estate agent. The mother has a gay brother who has a gay husband. Her da is an old man but is married to an attractive latino girl. They get into some hilarious escapades. It's on Sky regularly and has millions of episodes.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

J70

Quote from: bennydorano on July 07, 2023, 11:08:13 PM
Think I prefer the later series tbh, bit better paced and more sedate, the were bodies flying about like a comical A Team episode in the early series.

I gave up on it after season 4. They're just pushing the limits of ridiculousness and it gets repetitive and tiresome. There's plenty more stuff out there to watch.

JimStynes

Hijack on Apple TV has started off quite well.