TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Fat boy Slim Documentary on Sky Docs was first class. Based around the Brighton Beach gig mayhem of 2002. Really good watch especially if you like your dance music.

Newbridge Exile

Nearly 10 years late to the party but True Detective Season 1was one of the best series I have watched in along time Harrelson and McConaughey  were outstanding in it (doubt the Louisiana tourism board would have enjoyed it as much through)

Milltown Row2

Waco on Netflix, have watched numerous shows on this on the past, this is the best take on it.

If ever taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut term was used, then this was it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 24, 2023, 11:17:46 PM
Nearly 10 years late to the party but True Detective Season 1was one of the best series I have watched in along time Harrelson and McConaughey  were outstanding in it (doubt the Louisiana tourism board would have enjoyed it as much through)

It finished brilliant. If I remember right, first 5 or 6 episodes were slow enough though. The jumping back and forward through the years added alot to it too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 25, 2023, 12:19:48 AM

It finished brilliant. If I remember right, first 5 or 6 episodes were slow enough though. The jumping back and forward through the years added alot to it too.
Yep it was a slow burn for the first  few episodes but so worth it ,  also had one of the most unnerving/creepy antagonist's in any series/film I have seen

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 25, 2023, 12:33:10 AM

Yep it was a slow burn for the first  few episodes but so worth it ,  also had one of the most unnerving/creepy antagonist's in any series/film I have seen

Agreed. Was excellent tho id need to rewatch. S2 was average and S3 very good. Id rewatch all 3 tbh

tbrick18

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 25, 2023, 12:36:38 AM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 25, 2023, 12:33:10 AM

Agreed. Was excellent tho id need to rewatch. S2 was average and S3 very good. Id rewatch all 3 tbh

Yeah it was brilliant. I didn't know there were more seasons though! I must look that up.

quit yo jibbajabba

Farrell vince vaughn and rachel mcadam in s2, really shouldve been better.
S3 was definitely back on track.
Fell into a twitter post on s1 last night, now i really want to watch s1 again 😊

Louther

Serious 2 of Kin has been decent, 2 episodes in.

Much more happening now and the introduction of Bren has certainly added a new dimension to the family! 

DownFanatic

Quote from: Louther on March 27, 2023, 02:08:32 PM
Serious 2 of Kin has been decent, 2 episodes in.

Much more happening now and the introduction of Bren has certainly added a new dimension to the family!

Two episodes in, it is much better than the entirety of Season 1. They've tightened the plot holes up considerably. Bren adds more intrigue to it. Some of the characters are a bit flat though.

gallsman

Succession back. Incredible first episode.

tbrick18

Season 3 of Ted Lasso is back.
I love it, but I dont know why. I think it should be rubbish. But it's just feel good.

AustinPowers

Who the frig  is this Ted Lasso?   Is he a cowboy  or what?

Gabriel_Hurl

Orior

Who remembers 1970's tv series Citizen Smith, with the lead character played by Robery Lindsay?

Fun fact: When Wolfe Tone went to America, he took the pseudonym Citizen Smith. And what was the name of the character played by Lindsay? Wolfie!

The creater of Citizen Smith was born in London to Irish parents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Smith

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians