TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver hill

Take a bow TG4, that documentary on Anton o'Toole was fantastic. Just brilliant tv.

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on December 29, 2022, 05:36:05 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on December 21, 2022, 11:12:06 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2022, 11:47:44 AM
Loved season 2 of the White Lotus.

Magnificent. Great TV

5 eps into the second season...love it...Stiffler's Ma gets on my wick though

I think she is supposed to!

Captain Obvious

Oliver Callan, who is responsible for giving that chap a TV show and thought he was funny in the first place? Awful tripe.

pbat

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 30, 2022, 01:37:09 PM
Oliver Callan, who is responsible for giving that chap a TV show and thought he was funny in the first place? Awful tripe.
100% agreed. Not even a great impressionist never mind the writing of the sketches.

armaghniac

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 30, 2022, 01:37:09 PM

A lot of it was poor but the Blame it all on Putin in the end had some merit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on December 30, 2022, 01:27:05 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on December 29, 2022, 05:36:05 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on December 21, 2022, 11:12:06 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 16, 2022, 11:47:44 AM
Loved season 2 of the White Lotus.

Magnificent. Great TV

5 eps into the second season...love it...Stiffler's Ma gets on my wick though

I think she is supposed to!

I don't mind her being this annoying in the first season

Main Street

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on December 02, 2022, 12:47:09 AM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on December 01, 2022, 11:29:23 AM
Andor is fantastic

Hadn't heard much about Andor. Does it work as a stand-alone, or how well would you need to know the entire back story?
I am the least informed person about most things Star Wars related, eg. just could not get into the Mandelorian series, but this one (Andor) is pitch perfect and the leading cast excellent.
No, you don't need to know anything Star Wars related to appreciate this series.

bennydorano

Watched Severance on Apple TV, a slow burner but very good, gripping by series finale.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on January 05, 2023, 10:49:27 PM
Watched Severance on Apple TV, a slow burner but very good, gripping by series finale.
Agree. Thought it was excellent.

Hound

Quote from: Main Street on December 30, 2022, 06:55:33 PM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on December 02, 2022, 12:47:09 AM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on December 01, 2022, 11:29:23 AM
Andor is fantastic

Hadn't heard much about Andor. Does it work as a stand-alone, or how well would you need to know the entire back story?
I am the least informed person about most things Star Wars related, eg. just could not get into the Mandelorian series, but this one (Andor) is pitch perfect and the leading cast excellent.
No, you don't need to know anything Star Wars related to appreciate this series.
I agree. Mandalorian hugely overrated in my opinion. The most boring lead character there's ever been, slow story line and no character development. My other half who would be a bigger Star Wars fan than me gave up, I kept watching, as I tend to grind through even crappy series, and there was usually 1 minute per episode where the little green lad did something funny!

Boba Fett miles better. Lower ratings from critics but higher viewing figures, which I think says a lot. But I think it's a good sign that the third series of Mandalorian will be improved. He showed more signs of life in his appearances in Boba.

Milltown Row2

Watching the Ozzy series of Traitors... The Ozzy's are a bit more less reserved lets say than the brits so its been good craic watching the antics of the faithful's  and traitors
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

The new Madoff documentary on Netflix is well worth a watch.

It would be a compelling watch in most hands given the story, but they did a great job. Myself and the missus watched all four episodes back to back.

Mind-boggling that the imaginary profits had ballooned from around 7 billion at the beginning of the 2000s to 70 billion by 2008 as the money was flowing into his scheme from all over the world!

Had the government done proper investigations when Harry Markopolos raised the alarm on multiple occasions, so many people could have been saved.

And he and his minions basically ended up being the scapegoats for the entire 2008 financial crisis. None of the rest of the Wall St scumbags saw a day in prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k31dKoFsniU

Ghost

Keane making it difficult enough for Tommy Tiernan here.

An Watcher

Poor enough interview alright although not sure where they got the next guest out of  :o

Tubberman

Quote from: Ghost on January 07, 2023, 09:56:13 PM
Keane making it difficult enough for Tommy Tiernan here.

Roy is a stubborn man and has no intention of giving any personal info, only discusses his professional career really. That hr discussed his first date with the Mrs was the most surprising part
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."