TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

White Lotus on Sky Atlantic, very different but very good.  Second series in Italy very good so far

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 15, 2022, 01:24:59 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 01, 2022, 11:13:16 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 01, 2022, 10:05:07 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 01, 2022, 08:25:39 PM
Started Yellowstone yesterday, decent so far.
It's very decent, but inevitably turns into soap opera.

Yup. Stunning cinematography. Rip is an amazing protagonist and antagonist in one. The end of s3 is extraordinary. But the storyline as a constant circle of "someone trying to take their land, nearly doing so, then seen off in an epic bloody battle, which is miraculously is never investigated by legal authorities" is really not much of an upgrade on Phil and Grant holding their grip on the Queen Vic.

That said I'll be tuning in again avidly next week. Can't get enough of Rip doing his thing in great wide open.

Rip is such a great character

Rip is class. Love Yellowstone. Can't wait to get into Season 5 now just released. Need to finish up 'The Old Man' with Jeff Bridges first which is also a decent shout. 1883 the Yellowstone spin-off is also a good watch. And looking forward to 1923 being released next month. It's a good idea with these Yellowstone prequels. Hard to get the time to watch without sitting up far to late at night.

Anyone watched Tusla King with Sly Stallone? Seems to be getting some decent reviews. From the same guys as Yellowstone and The Sopranos.

AustinPowers

What are these  programs you speak of?   :o

Does nobody watch normal  TV channels anymore?

armaghniac

Quote from: AustinPowers on November 15, 2022, 04:48:32 PM

Some people here have a lot on time on their hands.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: armaghniac on November 15, 2022, 07:19:33 PM

Some people here have a lot on time on their hands.

Just far too man late nights.

screenexile

Really enjoying this series of Taskmaster. A good mix of contestants!

RedHand88

No to be honest, apart from live sport.

Its just so crap and you have to watch it when the TV channel tells you to watch it. Streaming and on demand will only get bigger.

JPGJOHNNYG

Watched mammals. James Corden was surprisingly good. The show itself had me interested for 5 episodes and then the last episode was a big steaming turd that just got weird and had a pathetic twist. The previous series I watched was the watcher which was also great until the last episode which stank. I mean do they not have test audiences anymore to get feedback on how crap some of these shows are so they can maybe rectify them before being aired?

Milltown Row2

There is nothing more annoying than a shit end to a decent show, you've invested a good few hours to something and they pour out some crap ending to just get it finished, the book or script is probably different altogether but when getting something aired there seems to be differences

Some shows just get pulled altogether and no second series to close off things, Netflix at it all the time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tbrick18

Watched 1899 on Netflix.
Weird is how I'd describe it and I can decide if it was brilliant or rubbish.
Looks set up for another season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 21, 2022, 10:26:23 AM
Watched 1899 on Netflix.
Weird is how I'd describe it and I can decide if it was brilliant or rubbish.
Looks set up for another season.

Watch the making of 1899, to be fair I knew what to expect having watch their previous show Dark, how the writers head works is different to your traditional writers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Watched that Mammals myself, nothing special, could see the finale coming a long way out.

Wildweasel74

Milltown Row2

bennydorano

I despise that Toy Show shite with all my being, always have.