TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Started Yellowstone yesterday, decent so far.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: lenny on November 01, 2022, 07:39:50 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on November 01, 2022, 07:35:23 PM
The Watcher on Netflix. Started out decent I thought. Plenty of guessing as to what was true and what was going on. Totally disappointed with how it ended.

That's good to know. I didn't even like how it started so good to know it doesn't get better.

It gets much, much worse.

Main Street

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 01, 2022, 08:25:39 PM
It's very decent, but inevitably turns into soap opera.

thewobbler

Quote from: Main Street on November 01, 2022, 10:05:07 PM

Yup. Stunning cinematography. Rip is an amazing protagonist and antagonist in one. The end of s3 is extraordinary. But the storyline as a constant circle of "someone trying to take their land, nearly doing so, then seen off in an epic bloody battle, which is miraculously is never investigated by legal authorities" is really not much of an upgrade on Phil and Grant holding their grip on the Queen Vic.

That said I'll be tuning in again avidly next week. Can't get enough of Rip doing his thing in great wide open.

lurganblue

Inside Man on BBC. 4 part series. What a strange show. A prison/crime series that didn't appear to want to take itself too serious.

ziggy90

On Netflix: Travelin' Band, the story of Creedance Clearwater Revival. Some great old concert footage on it.
What a voice John Fogerty has.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

lurganblue

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 02, 2022, 09:44:43 PM
On Netflix: Travelin' Band, the story of Creedance Clearwater Revival. Some great old concert footage on it.

Will definitely be giving that a watch. Cheers

Main Street

Quote from: lurganblue on November 02, 2022, 09:51:32 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on November 02, 2022, 09:44:43 PM

Will definitely be giving that a watch. Cheers
Same here, they're a top band.

johnnycool

Quote from: lenny on November 01, 2022, 07:39:50 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on November 01, 2022, 07:35:23 PM
The Watcher on Netflix. Started out decent I thought. Plenty of guessing as to what was true and what was going on. Totally disappointed with how it ended.

That's good to know. I didn't even like how it started so good to know it doesn't get better.

Persevered right to the end and it petered out terribly with lots of lose ends not finished off but hard to see how they would eek a sequel out of it.

More importantly we're back to the Jungle with a bunch of wannabes ateing anus's and cocks, just another day in Parliament for some it seems...

Milltown Row2

The Bastard son and the devil himself, 3 episodes in and it's been grand, hoping it doesn't all crash down soon but so far so good!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

The Walk-in, 5 part drama about a far right group in England. Stephen Graham as usual puts in a decent performance. Seems everything he does is very watchable.

True story. Hard hitting at times.

Jeepers Creepers

Started The Bear on Star/Disney. Pleasantly surprised so far. Good characters.

Denn Forever

The on BBC about the formation of the SAS looked interesting.  Good soundtrack and comparison with Peaky Blinders.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tonto1888

Quote from: thewobbler on November 01, 2022, 11:13:16 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 01, 2022, 10:05:07 PM

Yup. Stunning cinematography. Rip is an amazing protagonist and antagonist in one. The end of s3 is extraordinary. But the storyline as a constant circle of "someone trying to take their land, nearly doing so, then seen off in an epic bloody battle, which is miraculously is never investigated by legal authorities" is really not much of an upgrade on Phil and Grant holding their grip on the Queen Vic.

That said I'll be tuning in again avidly next week. Can't get enough of Rip doing his thing in great wide open.

Rip is such a great character

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 15, 2022, 12:07:50 PM
The on BBC about the formation of the SAS looked interesting.  Good soundtrack and comparison with Peaky Blinders.

On episode 5, it is very good. Paddy Mayne is great even if the accent comes and goes