TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities on Netflix, excellent for a Halloween scare.

screenexile

Watching Graham Norton ... f**k Bono is a complete dose of shite!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on October 28, 2022, 11:34:45 PM

He could have at least washed his hair!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Forgot to watch. I dont mind Taylor tho i know she has her haters. Said to meself with her and Bono on it could be interesting 😃

AustinPowers

Ah you should have switched over to Tubridy  licking the boots  of the President of the European Central Bank  and the audience applauding her  . 

What was it Christy Moore sang  about Irish people... gombeens and arselickers.

tonto1888

Yellowstone is amazing. Has anyone else seen it?

J70

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 29, 2022, 10:16:57 AM

I've watched all four seasons and I'm still not sure about it!

It's an interesting and real-life conflict (the competing and conflicting interests in the land and the changing of scenic rural areas as rich city folk move in), but it's a bit over the top with the Dallasesque melodrama and violence.

The presence of Kevin Costner definitely helps.

The wife is from that part of the world, and the landscape is every bit as stunning in real life as it is on the show.

armaghniac

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 29, 2022, 09:43:47 AM
Ah you should have switched over to Tubridy  licking the boots  of the President of the European Central Bank  and the audience applauding her 

Why shouldn't he? A woman rising to the top of the ECB is as interesting as another former shoplifter who punched a lot of woman.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tonto1888

Quote from: J70 on October 29, 2022, 12:30:39 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on October 29, 2022, 10:16:57 AM

I've watched all four seasons and I'm still not sure about it!

It's an interesting and real-life conflict (the competing and conflicting interests in the land and the changing of scenic rural areas as rich city folk move in), but it's a bit over the top with the Dallasesque melodrama and violence.

The presence of Kevin Costner definitely helps.

The wife is from that part of the world, and the landscape is every bit as stunning in real life as it is on the show.

I love it. Rip is possibly the best character Ive ever seen in any TV show.

Class, it is a part of the world I would love to visit.

Tony Baloney

It would have sickened you last night with them all simpering about how great each other was but I couldn't turn it off as was waiting for Alex Scott to remove her coat.

quit yo jibbajabba

Hate the format nowadays. So formulaic. Heres my book/new film. And shure while yer on tell us a funny story sure...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 29, 2022, 01:56:20 PM
It would have sickened you last night with them all simpering about how great each other was but I couldn't turn it off as was waiting for Alex Scott to remove her coat.

She can keep the gloves? On !! Hope she comes up to Waterstones for book signing  :)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 29, 2022, 01:56:20 PM

She won't have felt the benefit when she  went outside afterwards

lurganblue

The Watcher on Netflix. Started out decent I thought. Plenty of guessing as to what was true and what was going on. Totally disappointed with how it ended.

lenny

Quote from: lurganblue on November 01, 2022, 07:35:23 PM
The Watcher on Netflix. Started out decent I thought. Plenty of guessing as to what was true and what was going on. Totally disappointed with how it ended.

That's good to know. I didn't even like how it started so good to know it doesn't get better.