TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

I'd have thought that would have played well in Tyrone?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

HiMucker

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 18, 2022, 01:51:01 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on October 17, 2022, 11:03:33 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 17, 2022, 11:01:26 PM
Started 'The Old Man' with Jeff Bridges. Looks promising.

Loved the first episode.

Turned it off for good by the 3rd.

Geezus the first 20 mins was dour, slow and depressing. I turned it off then!
The last 20 mins of that episode is the opposite. I think it's worth persevering with. Thoguh I think it's one of those shows that it's better not to binge watch. The book is supposed to be very good.

nrico2006

House of the Dragon has been brilliant, Bloodlands is the worst thing I have watched for a long time and The Old Man was ok.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

The Bear - super
Bad Sisters - good
Bloodlands - Season 2, lasted 2 episodes. Brutal

Ethan Tremblay

House of Dragon has been excellent, as per GOT, the characters are what make the show great. 

Just finished Rings of Power over the weekend.  It is a bit of a mess.  Very slow burner in terms of story, leans heavily on the green screen visuals and just not really interesting.  Labelled as the most expensive show every made, you wonder where all the money went ffs. 

Also watched Karen Pirie with the wife, very very good and would recommend for anyone that loves a good murder mystery type show.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

J70

Quote from: JoG2 on October 18, 2022, 11:01:21 AM
The Bear - super
Bad Sisters - good
Bloodlands - Season 2, lasted 2 episodes. Brutal

The Bear was excellent.

Thought Bad Sisters was too. That Danish actor who played the John Paul character should get an award.

We've been watching The Patient with Domhnall Gleeson and Steve Carrell. Think the final episode comes out today on Hulu in the US - once I see the finale I'll make a decision on how good it is, as it has been slow, if very interesting (to me), going so far (premise is serial killer kidnaps his shrink and imprisons him in his basement so he could try to "cure" him).

bennydorano

Industry S2 back on BBC2 / iplayer, great show if you like Hi finance  & riding. If it hasn't been described as a modern version of This Life I'd be very surprised!

Milltown Row2

Finally got round to finishing Obi-Wan Kenobi tonight, started ages ago but lost Disney for while, enjoyed it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: bennydorano on October 18, 2022, 04:49:45 PM
Industry S2 back on BBC2 / iplayer, great show if you like Hi finance  & riding. If it hasn't been described as a modern version of This Life I'd be very surprised!

https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/nov/27/industry-is-the-bbcs-banking-drama-this-life-for-a-new-generation

😂😂😂

quit yo jibbajabba

Bennydorano with the parttime Guardian gig. Well done you 😃

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: bennydorano on October 18, 2022, 04:49:45 PM

Riding you say?

nrico2006

Gangs of London season 2 out yesterday - first season was brilliant.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hound

A bit late, but finished PeakyB - loved it. Looking forward to the sequel film.

Surprised about the negative comments re Rings of Power. Presumably that's from LotR fans. I've watched the first 3 episodes and think it's started great. In particular, really enjoying the interaction between the elves and dwarves.  Hope it's not downhill from here.

On a completely different track, I finished the Horsepower series on Amazon. 4 x 1 hour about horse racing trainer Andrew Balding and Irish flat jockey Oisin Murphy. Really enjoyed it. You probably would need at least some minor interest in the sport to enjoy it, but  definitely recommended for anyone in that boat.

Harold Disgracey

Watched the first two episodes of The Peripheral, impressed so far.