TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Black Bird has been the best show i've watched in a wee while.  It had a Mindhunter feel about it.

Looking forward to House of the Dragon in the coming days.

nrico2006

Quote from: lurganblue on August 18, 2022, 11:13:44 AM
Black Bird has been the best show i've watched in a wee while.  It had a Mindhunter feel about it.

Mindhunter a level above though, unbelievable show.

Westworld has to be one of the most disappointing shows I have watched, turned pure dirt.  Don't even know what is going on in it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 18, 2022, 11:17:13 AM

Westworld has to be one of the most disappointing shows I have watched, turned pure dirt.  Don't even know what is going on in it.

Still cant believe they cancelled it.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 18, 2022, 08:11:27 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 18, 2022, 02:45:39 AM
Better Call Saul Spoiler spoiler alert, so feck off if you haven't been keeping up with the kardashians.

I'm slow, I'm still processing the last 2 episodes  of BCS

Mod5:  You are correct...you are slow.

Spoilers not allowed and edited out.

Two amazing episodes, happy with how it all ended to be honest.

A brilliant, brilliant show. Best thing that has been on TV for quite a while.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

Westworld has to be one of the most disappointing shows
I have watched, turned pure dirt.  Don't even know what is going on in it.

First 2 seasons was enough... I don't know where da f**k its going now, I've them recorded but maybe not watch it

El Chapo is great
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

The problem inherent in Westworld is that is not a story. It's just an idea. Mega  budgets initially can recruit brilliant actors and outlandish sets to mask the lack of a story. But before long, the concept just fades out.

I credited Lost with signalling a change in viewing habits, so that shows like this end sooner rather than later nowadays. But Westworld keeps going. I don't know how.

nrico2006

Quote from: lurganblue on August 18, 2022, 11:28:38 AM

Still cant believe they cancelled it.

Mindhunter was never officially cancelled, hopefully be a third season at some point.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J70

I'd been waiting for episodes to accumulate before starting Season 4.

I guess its not worth bothering with then?

I'd enjoyed the first three seasons.

bennydorano

Quote from: thewobbler on August 18, 2022, 12:18:57 PM
The problem inherent in Westworld is that is not a story. It's just an idea. Mega  budgets initially can recruit brilliant actors and outlandish sets to mask the lack of a story. But before long, the concept just fades out.

I credited Lost with signalling a change in viewing habits, so that shows like this end sooner rather than later nowadays. But Westworld keeps going. I don't know how.
In reference to Lost, there's a show on Sky Sci fi called From that is from the same stable as Lost, its started off pretty good to be fair but I can forsee 7 or 8 series of tail chasing. It is pretty good tho.

Gabriel_Hurl

Black Bird on Apple+ is great

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on August 18, 2022, 04:31:35 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 18, 2022, 12:18:57 PM

In reference to Lost, there's a show on Sky Sci fi called From that is from the same stable as Lost, its started off pretty good to be fair but I can forsee 7 or 8 series of tail chasing. It is pretty good tho.
Similar to that we started watching something called The Resort and my patience wore very thin after a few episodes but the missus has stuck with it.

Main Street

Better Call Saul Spoiler spoiler alert, so feck off if you haven't been keeping up with the kardashians.

If spoilers are not allowed with a warning, where is that indicated?  and what I wrote, was it actually a spoiler? I do not think so. However I did I write spoiler alert, it was  well flagged in advance.  In fact what I did input was not a spoiler at all, I did not reveal anything. Was it just because I wrote spoiler alert in advance?  And was there a need to input the  erroneous insult   "you are slow"?
is there not a board etiquette about personal insults? 
I opine that you have not only overstepped the bounds of moderation by censoring my post but also have offered an insult.
Where is Ziggy when you really really him?

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: Main Street on August 23, 2022, 02:34:22 AM

If spoilers are not allowed with a warning, where is that indicated?  and what I wrote, was it actually a spoiler? I do not think so. However I did I write spoiler alert, it was  well flagged in advance.  In fact what I did input was not a spoiler at all, I did not reveal anything. Was it just because I wrote spoiler alert in advance?  And was there a need to input the  erroneous insult   "you are slow"?
I opine that you have not only overstepped the bounds of moderation by censoring my post but also have offered an insult.

Spoilers not allowed...warnings or not.

You did label yourself as lacking speed...it would indeed be an insult if I stated that without prompting, but as they say in court, you opened that door yourself.

Opine that.

I'm sure Ziggy will be in touch on your behalf.

Gabriel_Hurl

Does SMF have a spoiler function that could be added on to the board?

Main Street

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on August 23, 2022, 03:57:15 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 23, 2022, 02:34:22 AM

Spoilers not allowed...warnings or not.

You did label yourself as lacking speed...it would indeed be an insult if I stated that without prompting, but as they say in court, you opened that door yourself.

Opine that.

I'm sure Ziggy will be in touch on your behalf.
I do realise that higher standards are expected from Monaghan posters, and we have to carry a burden of extra responsibility, but where is it written down that a spoiler alert is not allowed?
Not that I am admitting that I actually inputted a spoiler.