TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: lurganblue on February 23, 2022, 02:51:42 PM
Finished Inventing Anna on Netflix. I've mixed feeling on this. Watchable but not a classic.
The podcast is good on this - but I was slightly disappointed by the series.
Good casting of Anna though.

bennydorano

Currently watching Pam & Tommy on Disney+, 3 episodes in and I'm absolutely loving it, great cast.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: bennydorano on February 23, 2022, 04:31:28 PM
Currently watching Pam & Tommy on Disney+, 3 episodes in and I'm absolutely loving it, great cast.

As good as the original!? Pam (not palm)  def did float my not back in the day.

Milltown Row2

I'm on the latest one tonight, it's very good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Good to have the Peaky Blinders back on last night.  I'm also glad of the recap because it seems like an age since the last series. 

dec

Quote from: lurganblue on February 28, 2022, 01:26:36 PM
Good to have the Peaky Blinders back on last night.  I'm also glad of the recap because it seems like an age since the last series. 

It looks like it won't be available in the US until the whole season has been broadcast on BBC

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2022, 07:38:18 PM

Haven't got round to watching it yet, but they showed a clip of it on Googlebox one friday night and to say there was a WTF moment when Tommy is standing in front of a mirror talking to his manhood and it talking back!

Is it a bit comedic?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on February 28, 2022, 05:15:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2022, 07:38:18 PM

Haven't got round to watching it yet, but they showed a clip of it on Googlebox one friday night and to say there was a WTF moment when Tommy is standing in front of a mirror talking to his manhood and it talking back!

Is it a bit comedic?

Nah not really, but there's the odd bit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

On a whim I downloaded the 3 series of Cracker, I haven't watched it since the mid 90s, it feels like a new viewing experience. Fitz has to be one of thee unique drams character composites ever created and pretty much only Robbie Coltrane could carry it off with aplomb.

bennydorano

Limmy can be very hit & miss bit the Millport  skit is a classic
https://youtu.be/RWHNVwxJEeU

screenexile

Drive to survive is very well put together just so enjoyable especially for non F1 fans I'd say it's made a huge difference to it's popularity the last few years.

clarshack

Our House starring Martin Compston - the storyline was far fetched, bordering on the ridiculous really.

lurganblue

*Spoiler...ish* BILLIONS

New series of Billions. I expected to drop this with a certain character now gone but I think it has continued to be just as good. Pleasantly surprised.

johnnycool

Quote from: clarshack on March 21, 2022, 03:40:29 PM
Our House starring Martin Compston - the storyline was far fetched, bordering on the ridiculous really.

very much so.

Sat through it and wondered why at the end!

J70

The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey.

Samuel L Jackson series about a very old man with dimentia who is given an experimental treatment to temporarily restore ALL of his life's memories. Only three episodes in, but its enjoyable so far (although in fairness an actor as riveting to watch as Jackson can elevate just about anything).