TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

The Sinner season 4 up on Netflix now. Decent enough first episode.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JPGJOHNNYG

So when they were making book of bobba fett did they get half way through and then just say feck it this is pretty ropey lets just have more mandolorian instead ;D

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 02, 2022, 12:37:40 PM
So when they were making book of bobba fett did they get half way through and then just say feck it this is pretty ropey lets just have more mandolorian instead ;D

You've peaked my interest. watched the first two and was thinking that Bobba Fett still being alive is a worse concept than Harold coming back from the dead in neighbours. The Mandalorian is brilliant. I would even say better than a fair few of the Stars Wars films.

imtommygunn

The mandalorian and rogue one are about as good to watch as any of them. Not sold on that Bobba Fett at all but will maybe watch now.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 02, 2022, 02:22:18 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 02, 2022, 12:37:40 PM

You've peaked my interest. watched the first two and was thinking that Bobba Fett still being alive is a worse concept than Harold coming back from the dead in neighbours. The Mandalorian is brilliant. I would even say better than a fair few of the Stars Wars films.

Sorry about the spoiler oh well at least now you may watch some more!

Hound

As someone who enjoys Star Wars and had heard good things about the Mandalorian, I was very underwhelmed. Just watched the first season so far, and while it wasnt terrible by any means, I've no particular inclination to start Season 2. The main star is quite hard to warm to, being devoid of not only facial expression, but also personality.

gawa316

Not a big Star Wars fan at all...I don't think I've even watched all the films but I love the Mandalorian and Bobba Fett

J70

Quote from: Hound on February 02, 2022, 03:32:45 PM
As someone who enjoys Star Wars and had heard good things about the Mandalorian, I was very underwhelmed. Just watched the first season so far, and while it wasnt terrible by any means, I've no particular inclination to start Season 2. The main star is quite hard to warm to, being devoid of not only facial expression, but also personality.

Pedro Pascal was decent in Narcos.

But he was also part of (and a big cause of) that horrendously bad Wonder Woman sequel.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on January 30, 2022, 08:26:21 PM
The Sinner season 4 up on Netflix now. Decent enough first episode.
Watching the final episode tonight. Like practically every show on TV these days it gets baggy in the middle few episodes bit last few have picked up the pace again.

Newbridge Exile

Just finished the Responder, Martin Freeman was outstanding in it , a really enjoyable watch.

Main Street

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on February 05, 2022, 06:06:12 PM
Just finished the Responder, Martin Freeman was outstanding in it , a really enjoyable watch.
It was totally compeeling, he gave one of the best ever tv drama acting performances, I didn't think he had that in his locker. Even in regards to his scouse accent,  he said he spent 18 months working on it.

Hound

I thought the 8 part series Stay Close on Netflix was very good. 

Only started watching it because I thought the lad who play Bosch was the lead, but it turned out to be James Nesbitt! But he was actually good as a cop.

Rudi

Quote from: Hound on February 06, 2022, 08:15:54 PM
I thought the 8 part series Stay Close on Netflix was very good. 

Only started watching it because I thought the lad who play Bosch was the lead, but it turned out to be James Nesbitt! But he was actually good as a cop.

Twas very good. Well worth a watch.

Square Ball

I loved the Mandorian, but agree with JPGJOHNNYG and what he says about the Book of Bobba Fett. Anyone watched Clarice? Seen the first two and taped the rest, is it worth watching?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

thewobbler

The biggest issue with book of Boba is that the first few episodes were focused on a race (sand people) who have no facial expressions and no distinguishable language. So despite the writers' best efforts, it's impossible to develop any empathy for those characters.

Mando himself obviously ran into same issues in series 1.

But both series have been clever to slap on the nostalgia in spades where possible and it is, for my money, an absolute winning formula. The set up episodes are worth it for the reward episodes. And you can tell that the people involved truly love Star Wars.