TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I know it was docubrama but Four Lives on BBC was very well done. Terrible for poor families, when you watch separate documentary with real characters you realise how good acting and casting was.

Police and treatment of gay community a disgrace

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 11, 2022, 12:18:47 AM
I know it was docubrama but Four Lives on BBC was very well done. Terrible for poor families, when you watch separate documentary with real characters you realise how good acting and casting was.

Was very good, I remember that at the time. Well acted also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: screenexile on January 10, 2022, 11:54:10 PM
Just finished The Tourist it's bonkers but funny and somehow works.

Dornan is very good in it!!

I'm still trying to work out if it was good or not. Enjoyed most of it though.

Tony Baloney

The man in the street would have done a better job than the police. Beggars belief that they couldn't join the dots on it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 11, 2022, 10:18:55 AM

The man in the street would have done a better job than the police. Beggars belief that they couldn't join the dots on it.

Like it was in the one area! The fella was known to them also for other things!

Merchant was a creepy f**ker in this
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Didnt watch the 4 parter but watched the documentary on it afterwards, it seemed to be basically a neighbour and more so 2 sisters of one of the dead guys who cracked the case by pestering the police. Shameful stuff. Dead bodies found in exact same place and police say no foul play....

DownFanatic

Screws on Channel 4 is very good. Solid mix of seriousness and dark humour. Jamie-Lee O'Donnell is excellent in it.

johnnycool

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 11, 2022, 10:35:36 AM
Didnt watch the 4 parter but watched the documentary on it afterwards, it seemed to be basically a neighbour and more so 2 sisters of one of the dead guys who cracked the case by pestering the police. Shameful stuff. Dead bodies found in exact same place and police say no foul play....

I watched the documentary, i never knew about the previous 4 parter (might have to look it up) but the Police were inept in the very least, negligent TBH..

Two lads found in the exact same spot in the same graveyard and another just over the wall from the very same graveyard and they were happy to go with accidental deaths and never bothered checking CCT or anything and told the families a pack of lies to get them off the case.

The handwriting on the "suicide note" was pretty obvious and they never bothered to get it checked out with a professional handwriting expert plus loads of other leads they never bothered to follow.

You nearly got the impression the lad Port wanted caught as he wasn't exactly covering his tracks overly well.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

At the beginning I wasn't sure about the claim the police were homophobic, thought they were just totally incompetent. But when one of the relatives mentioned how different the investigation would have been had it been 4 young women made me rethink it

J70

What's the view here on Yellowstone?

Myself and the missus are a few episodes into the first season, and I haven't made up my mind.

Getting major flashbacks of Dallas from back in the day, with the endless melodrama and casual murders.

So far (a few episodes in) the youngest son (the good, honest lad) living on the reservation has killed his brother-in-law (who was trying to kill his brother); mercy killed a badly injured drug maker whose meth lab trailer he just happened to be driving past when it exploded; rescued a young girl and killed, burned and buried two her rapists, who he also came upon while just driving past.

All in a week or so's work for the reluctant son of the local land baron (played by Kevin Costner, who I like as an actor).

And I haven't mentioned the equally "interesting" and "colourful" lives of the rest of the characters.

thewobbler

Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2022, 08:03:07 PM

Myself and the missus are a few episodes into the first season, and I haven't made up my mind.

Getting major flashbacks of Dallas from back in the day, with the endless melodrama and casual murders.

So far (a few episodes in) the youngest son (the good, honest lad) living on the reservation has killed his brother-in-law (who was trying to kill his brother); mercy killed a badly injured drug maker whose meth lab trailer he just happened to be driving past when it exploded; rescued a young girl and killed, burned and buried two her rapists he came upon while driving.

All in a week or so's work for the reluctant son of the local land baron.

And I haven't mentioned the equally "interesting" lives of the rest of the characters.

It improves into a very good show over seasons 2 and 3. The body count doesn't go down but becomes more focused as the story settles in. Plus the vistas are wonderful, always wonderful.

dec

Quote from: J70 on January 11, 2022, 08:03:07 PM

So far (a few episodes in) the youngest son (the good, honest lad) living on the reservation has killed his brother-in-law (who was trying to kill his brother); mercy killed a badly injured drug maker whose meth lab trailer he just happened to be driving past when it exploded; rescued a young girl and killed, burned and buried two her rapists he came upon, also while driving past.

All in a week or so's work for the reluctant son of the local land baron (played by Kevin Costner, who I like as an actor).

And I haven't mentioned the equally "interesting" and "colourful" lives of the rest of the characters.

I think it is more violent than Dallas. We finished the most recent series a few days ago and it kept our interest. We have started 1883 which is a sort of prequel (how the Duttons first ended up in the West)

J70

Yeah, the landscape is stunning all right.

My wife is from that part of the world.

I'd move out there in a heartbeat if work/other commitments allowed.

J70

Thanks lads. I'll stick with it so.

Saffrongael

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 11, 2022, 10:35:36 AM

What's the documentary called ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come