TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Night Stalker on Netflix is a good watch.

The amount of opportunities they had to catch the killer  :o

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Taylor on January 19, 2021, 09:23:58 AM

Thought it was very good. How many peoples lives would have been saved in the USA over the years (from serial killers)  if they'd have locked their doors and windows?

Boycey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 18, 2021, 11:26:31 PM
Can't remember if I said before but Lupin is a good watch. Only 5 episodes and if you like The Thomas Crown Affair etc. you'll like it.

I'll have to stick with it then I was starting to waver on only the second episode, a bit corny?

johnnycool

Bridgerton on Netflix..

Brill.

;)

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

This is one of the most gruesome serial killer shows I have watched.

Amazing that it took so long to catch him. He never covered his face and left plenty of people alive to tell the tale.

And yes, American home security must have been shocking

Taylor

Quote from: lurganblue on January 19, 2021, 11:30:17 AM

Amazing that it took so long to catch him. He never covered his face and left plenty of people alive to tell the tale.

Doors & windows were commonly left open back then.
Sure look at our own country - back in the 80's it was rare to close all of these things.

The different police departments messed up on a few occasions to catch him

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on January 19, 2021, 11:17:11 AM
Bridgerton on Netflix..

Brill.

;)

Ride and prejudice
Starting watching Borgen based on recommendations here. Enjoying it even if the dubbing is a bit dodgy and the English translation seems a bit off. A definite talking point in our house anyway is how the PMs bedroom in her house appears to be just off the kitchen joined by double French doors.... Weird layout.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Taylor on January 19, 2021, 12:43:04 PM

Sure look at our own country - back in the 80's it was rare to close all of these things.

Not locking your door in rural Ireland is one thing. Not locking them in inner LA suburbs is anotger

nrico2006

What is most amazing about Ramirez was the frequency of the attacks and the variety of victim types he targeted.  Most serial killers start killing and up the  frequency eventually, yet he went straight in and went flat out from the start.  It would make you wonder how many other victims there were.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 19, 2021, 02:11:42 PM

What is most amazing about Ramirez was the frequency of the attacks and the variety of victim types he targeted.  Most serial killers start killing and up the  frequency eventually, yet he went straight in and went flat out from the start.  It would make you wonder how many other victims there were.

True the amount of victims could be huge.

When arrested he told the SF detective about another killing in another area which they hadnt even thought about.

Driving to carry out another random attack just after doing one shows how depraved he was

Look-Up!

Watched "Don't F**k with Cats" on Netflix.

Disturbing but gripping watching and highly recommended. Leaves a few unanswered questions and obviously these type of documentaries can be presented in a certain way, but if the story as told was an actual movie, you'd say it far fetched and the main character one very sick individual.

Look-Up!

Yeah true. Saw The Ripper too. Interviewed him huge amount of times and his car reg was noted numerous times in the red light area plus he was a dead ringer for the photofit but dismissed him because of the Sunderland tapes which many police recognised as hoax. Unfortunately many more girls lost their lives than should have because of police arrogance and incompetence. He was even nicknamed The Ripper at work for years before being caught.

Saw Les Battersby from Corrie on it too, apparently police gave him a very bad time of it and it took him years to be in the clear. For the amount of resources they threw at the case they made some hames of it.  Documentary is actually pretty easy on them.

An Watcher

Just finished Night Stalker. Couldn't believe how they messed up with the dentist's and the alarm. People died due to these balls ups

nrico2006

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 19, 2021, 03:44:43 PM
Watched "Don't F**k with Cats" on Netflix.

Disturbing but gripping watching and highly recommended. Leaves a few unanswered questions and obviously these type of documentaries can be presented in a certain way, but if the story as told was an actual movie, you'd say it far fetched and the main character one very sick individual.

Of all the true crime documentaries on Netflix that I have watched, that is one of the best and seemingly far-fetched, but its real.  The Jinx and The Staircase are two others that are unreal.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'