TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Watched half of dont f@ck with cats last night - mental scary stuff. Pretty well done.

gallsman

Have started watching the Hernandez doc. A few of the interviewees are a bit too keen to be on camera and are thoroughly enjoying the infamy I think. A lot of lines from people are too well practiced.

For anyone interested in the case, I suggest you look up the 6 part Gladiator podcast on it. Was brilliant listening.

gallsman

Quote from: hardstation on January 22, 2020, 07:50:36 AM
Father & son Sansoucie were two pricks. The da in particular.

Those were specifically the two I was thinking of, along with Odin Lloyd's semi-pro teammate.

Geoff Tipps

Thought the same. Looked like they thoroughly enjoyed the limelight.

Ambrose

Picard.

Jean Luc is back, don't listen to the critics, they have to write something controversial to appear relevant.

Excellent first episode, did a fine job of reintroducing a character with the depth of Picard, gave enough detail to fill people in on the events of the last two decades and introduced new characters with just enough depth to give you a slight flavour of their relevance, while still leaving many questions and a little mystery surrounding them all.

From the trailer at the end it looks like it will get even better. Really looking forward to the next episode, unfortunately we have to wait a week, very 1990s.

Engage.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Boycey

Time:The Kalief Browder Story

Came across this docuseries on Netflix the other night and watched all episodes in three nights. Incredible story of a 16 year black kid from the Bronx who spent 3 years in Rikers Island most of it in solitary confinement without ever coming to trial for a crime he probably didn't commit...

The treatment he got was incredible and that it could happen in modern day In any civilized country is jawdropping.

bennydorano

Watched 2nd series of You on Netflix, thought it was better than the first. It's nonsense like, but I like it.

armaghniac

Quote from: Ambrose on January 24, 2020, 04:51:36 PM
Picard.

Jean Luc is back, don't listen to the critics, they have to write something controversial to appear relevant.

Excellent first episode, did a fine job of reintroducing a character with the depth of Picard, gave enough detail to fill people in on the events of the last two decades and introduced new characters with just enough depth to give you a slight flavour of their relevance, while still leaving many questions and a little mystery surrounding them all.

From the trailer at the end it looks like it will get even better. Really looking forward to the next episode, unfortunately we have to wait a week, very 1990s.

Engage.

Hopefully, in the extended timeline he got to fire phasers into your woman Vash.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Boycey

Quote from: Boycey on January 24, 2020, 05:21:11 PM
Time:The Kalief Browder Story

Came across this docuseries on Netflix the other night and watched all episodes in three nights. Incredible story of a 16 year black kid from the Bronx who spent 3 years in Rikers Island most of it in solitary confinement without ever coming to trial for a crime he probably didn't commit...

The treatment he got was incredible and that it could happen in modern day In any civilized country is jawdropping.

An article about him, well worth a watch.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/kalief-browder-1993-2015

Denn Forever

Born mucky, life on the farm on Quest. Interesting look at 3 farmers in England.  The size of  their fields and using drones to develop  pesticide stratagies.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Taylor

Quote from: gallsman on January 22, 2020, 08:32:28 AM

Those were specifically the two I was thinking of, along with Odin Lloyd's semi-pro teammate.

Now he was a complete tool

maddog

Ray Donovan cancelled, would have thought it would have been popular enough. Really enjoyed it.

lurganblue

Quote from: maddog on February 05, 2020, 08:48:35 AM
Ray Donovan cancelled, would have thought it would have been popular enough. Really enjoyed it.

Serious! I'm only about 4 into the latest series. Might not bother if there isn't gonna be a proper conclusion.

nrico2006

Quote from: lurganblue on February 05, 2020, 10:27:33 AM
Quote from: maddog on February 05, 2020, 08:48:35 AM

Serious! I'm only about 4 into the latest series. Might not bother if there isn't gonna be a proper conclusion.

I had read weeks ago that the next season would be the last, raging.  One of the few shows I have watched from the start weekly, and the latest season was brilliant.  Flipping raging!!!!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Started Armando Iannucci's new show Avenue 5 and I'm 3 episodes in. . . not great I would have to say I don't find it anywhere near as good as his other stuff!