TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 01, 2017, 10:41:20 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on May 01, 2017, 10:38:21 PM
Any good series on Netflix of Amazon Prime? Watching Girl Boss at the minute. Started off decent enough.
Jim you're a wild man for the box set. Give the missus an oul foot massage.
The handy life of being a teacher. Must be great to be finished at 3pm everyday and have loads of time for box sets.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Owen Brannigan

Just finished watching Department Q shown on BBC4 and should be available on the iPlayer.  It is a set of three feature length films.  It is a Danish production with subtitles, a crime drama.

It was excellent, a very good scandi noir, stands easily alongside The Killing and The Bridge.

Main Street

LINE OF DUTY Spoiler,   get away te fck.

Quote from: bennydorano on May 01, 2017, 09:25:21 AM
No, was convinced the Solicitor was a baddun, so, close!
Close but no cigar,
I'll  take the spoiler award on this one
"That creepy assistant Chief Constable Derek has emerged into the top of the suspect zone, him being Tony's chief from S1. Tony who was blackmailed because of a body stored in a freezer which contained his dna and was there not a balaclava attacker in S1? "

This bit has not been resolved has it? i suppose we can only assume it was Derek who pressurised  Maneet?
QuoteWhy did Maneet betray the AC squad and lay the false trail? Who's putting the squeeze on her? was there a clue I missed?

How did Ted (the real "H") escape the noose? ;D

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2017, 12:19:52 AM
Yes great finish with most of the loose ends tied up bar who H is.... my money is on Dunbar!! So it is  ;D

If it is, the Met is bucked!

Great show, 6 episodes is the perfect length

JimStynes

Quote from: laoislad on May 01, 2017, 11:08:48 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 01, 2017, 10:41:20 PM
Any good series on Netflix of Amazon Prime? Watching Girl Boss at the minute. Started off decent enough.
Jim you're a wild man for the box set. Give the missus an oul foot massage.
The handy life of being a teacher. Must be great to be finished at 3pm everyday and have loads of time for box sets.

Suppose I should save some box sets for the summer right enough! You would get through 2 box sets a week during the summer.

JimStynes

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 01, 2017, 11:10:42 PM
Just finished watching Department Q shown on BBC4 and should be available on the iPlayer.  It is a set of three feature length films.  It is a Danish production with subtitles, a crime drama.

It was excellent, a very good scandi noir, stands easily alongside The Killing and The Bridge.

Sounds like my sort of thing! Will give it a go here.

Newbridge Exile

I am a couple of episode's into Sneaky Pete on Amazon at minute, really enjoyable so far

The Stallion

Watched the first couple of episodes of Sneaky Pete but I thought it was terrible.

screenexile

Up to date on a few series now.

Pretty little liars - Well acted intriguing storyline and one the Missus will like too very good!

Billions - After an OK first series it's really started to improve very good at the minute!

Line of Duty - Just keeps delivering excellent show!

Designated Survivor - Acting is a bit dodgy but it's a decent storyline so I'll finish it out anyway.

Girlboss- Again one the Missus likes its pretty funny and a less deep version of Girls.

Tony Baloney

Screen you really don't need to use the missus as an excuse for you watching a woman's programme. What you watch whilst your nails are drying is your own business.

JimStynes

Quote from: JimStynes on May 02, 2017, 12:26:12 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on May 01, 2017, 11:10:42 PM

Sounds like my sort of thing! Will give it a go here.

Finished this last night. Great show.

Up The Middle

Just finished 13 reasons why, really recommend it.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Taylor

Quote from: Up The Middle on May 08, 2017, 12:23:18 PM

Is it that good?

Watched the first episode and was forgettable at best

Up The Middle

Quote from: Taylor on May 08, 2017, 12:44:29 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on May 08, 2017, 12:23:18 PM

Is it that good?

Watched the first episode and was forgettable at best

Watched 13 episodes in 3 nights. Have been looking for something new for a while as ive seen almost everything else.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

tyrone girl

Cannot recommend Wentworth highly enough. Just watched the first few episodes of Season 5 and it is class.