TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 24, 2017, 01:26:08 PM
Line of duty maintaining  the high standards of the first 3 series , brilliant show
Super stuff. I have watched it since S1 E1 years ago and it helps with some of the back-story they are referencing but it certainly sheds no light on who is the baddy in this series! Hastings was certainly suspected a couple of series ago due to his masonic links etc. It's great stuff.

If you lads ever get an infection in your arm (or anywhere else that you value  :o) make sure and get it seen about!

screenexile

Dunbar's character is brilliant... laddies!

Main Street

The LOD s4 lawyer had a main role in a medic drama
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2017, 01:38:53 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 24, 2017, 01:37:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2017, 01:35:10 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on April 24, 2017, 01:26:08 PM
Line of duty maintaining  the high standards of the first 3 series , brilliant show

But who da hell has killed the girls? or anyone for that matter??? is a cracking show

the lawyer has had two brilliant lines (put downs) calling Dunbar Pasley and your man Ironside

I'm late to it and don't know who's been killed and by whom, but its gripping in fairness will all the skullduggery and backhandedness, you don't know who's covering for who all the time.

You're ok Johnney, know one knows
We can rule out Steve,Ted and Kate,
however, 'I suspect everyone else and I suspect no one' ;D
If it's chronic narcissist Roz, that would be too obvious, wouldn't it?
That creepy assistant Chief Constable Derek has emerged into the top of the suspect zone, him being Tony's chief from S1. Tony who was blackmailed because of a body stored in a freezer which contained his dna and was there not a balaclava attacker in S1?  The suspense's on a par with the sight of Dave O'Leary as he placed the ball for that 5th penalty, a tv audience holds its breath.

Why did Maneet betray the AC squad and lay the false trail? Who's putting the squeeze on her? was there a clue I missed?

screenexile

***LOD SPOILER ALERT**

Really enjoying LOD it was great last night again but found myself screaming at the TV for somebody to ask the question "WHY THE f**k IS YOUR ARM CUT OFF???!!!!

bennydorano

Fair idea who balaclava man is, but it's really a multi-faceted story where 2 or 3 are going to get their comeuppances.

Avondhu star

Quote from: screenexile on April 24, 2017, 02:24:26 PM
Dunbar's character is brilliant... laddies!
He is a great character actor. The scene in episode 3 of the latest series when Roz turned the interview around against him was as good a bit of telly Ive seen in a long time
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Newbridge Exile

Magnificent Finale to Line of Duty

Milltown Row2

Yes great finish with most of the loose ends tied up bar who H is.... my money is on Dunbar!! So it is  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

Quote from: bennydorano on April 24, 2017, 04:54:56 PM
Fair idea who balaclava man is, but it's really a multi-faceted story where 2 or 3 are going to get their comeuppances.
Were you right?  ;D

bennydorano

No, was convinced the Solicitor was a baddun, so, close!

JimStynes

Dunbar has to be the top baddun. But then is that too obvious??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on May 01, 2017, 09:51:02 AM
Dunbar has to be the top baddun. But then is that too obvious??
That's the the route it appeared to be going down last season or the one before that and there were a couple of lingering shots of Hastings last night towards the end that appeared deliberate. They have never fully resolved his membership of the Mason's so I think there is more to come on this.

5 Sams

Im up to date with Better Call Saul....brilliant.
The Aristocrat Years

JimStynes

Any good series on Netflix of Amazon Prime? Watching Girl Boss at the minute. Started off decent enough.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on May 01, 2017, 10:38:21 PM
Any good series on Netflix of Amazon Prime? Watching Girl Boss at the minute. Started off decent enough.
Jim you're a wild man for the box set. Give the missus an oul foot massage.