TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: leenie on March 02, 2017, 08:51:14 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but currently on BBC I player under the Storyville collection the is a documentary called Death on a Staircase..... it's 8 episodes but throughly mersmerizing.. I do believe I was the first to reccommend making a murderer, so those who enjoyed that will also like this..  I'm still thinking about it..

P.s give yourself an evening because it's non stop viewing

DO NOT GOOGLE UNTIL WATCHED
That documentary series is also on you tube.
There is a follow up documentary, 2 parts in one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUWMRC8pwqI

The first 30 or so minutes have a synopsis of what transpired in the first series.
But you most definitely can't just not watch the 2nd finale, if you have sat through the 1st series.

JimStynes

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 01, 2017, 09:09:41 PM
Quote from: Megaman on March 01, 2017, 02:31:02 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 01, 2017, 10:11:51 AM
Catastrophe is just a superb comedy the best I've seen in a long time!

Really good Comedy.

only realised it started last night thanks to your post

Great shout lads! Great show! Started on Friday night and I am up to date already.
Started from scratch the other night on a mates recommendation. lifesaver as theres d#ick all else om. Very well written and acted comedy.

JimStynes

I have nothing to watch now! f**king about on kodi and netflixs trying to find things. Might watch Gomorrah again!

BarryBreensBandage

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but currently on BBC I player under the Storyville collection the is a documentary called Death on a Staircase..... it's 8 episodes but throughly mersmerizing.. I do believe I was the first to reccommend making a murderer, so those who enjoyed that will also like this..  I'm still thinking about it..

Thanks for this recommendation Leenie - enjoyed it as much as making a murderer. In one word (to avoid spoiling it for anyone),  what do you think, Guilty or Not Guilty?
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Main Street

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on March 12, 2017, 07:48:54 PM

Thanks for this recommendation Leenie - enjoyed it as much as making a murderer. In one word (to avoid spoiling it for anyone),  what do you think, Guilty or Not Guilty?
Best take that private in case something does leak out.
Don't forget, watch the follow up  - immediately!
The Staircase II: The Last Chance 2013

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: JimStynes on March 12, 2017, 07:47:22 PM
I have nothing to watch now! f**king about on kodi and netflixs trying to find things. Might watch Gomorrah again!

Give Sneaky Pete a shot if you haven't already.  It's on Amazon prime. Kodi too, no doubt.

JimStynes

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 13, 2017, 01:16:07 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 12, 2017, 07:47:22 PM

Give Sneaky Pete a shot if you haven't already.  It's on Amazon prime. Kodi too, no doubt.

Watched it a while back. Decent enough.

laoislad

Started a new series over the weekend called Travelers.
No, it's not a documentary​ on the Joyce's from Dunsink Lane...
It's a time traveling show, decent enough so far but I'm only a couple of episodes in.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on March 01, 2017, 09:04:22 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on February 28, 2017, 07:39:33 PM
Watching an Australian TV drama (on Sky) called 'The Kettering Incident' at the moment.  Set in Tasmania, it's about a young doctor returning to the community in which she grew up and became ostracized after the aforesaid 'incident'.  It's Australian TV, so I wouldn't say it is highly recommended, but I would have to say it is like Twin Peaks on speed, and very enjoyable, if you like that sort of thing (which I do).
Thanks for the thumbs up Billy
Finished it last night and it was quite good.

lurganblue

Finished Suits last week. I thought it a good end to the series but overall the 6th def wasnt one of my favourites.

Battering through the new series of Billions too. Not sure how i feel about this show really.  It's well performed and all but just hasnt grabbed me yet.

Main Street

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2017, 11:53:07 AM
Watching an Australian TV drama (on Sky) called 'The Kettering Incident' at the moment.  Set in Tasmania, it's about a young doctor returning to the community in which she grew up and became ostracized after the aforesaid 'incident'.  It's Australian TV, so I wouldn't say it is highly recommended, but I would have to say it is like Twin Peaks on speed, and very enjoyable, if you like that sort of thing (which I do).
It did get seriously complicated in the last episode, I had to watch it all another time to get to the position where I think I've got it.
If it was set in Ireland you could expect the line
  "Is it yourself I'm talking to?  ;D

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on March 13, 2017, 12:10:33 PM
It did get seriously complicated in the last episode, I had to watch it all another time to get to the position where I think I've got it.
There are one or two bits of the jigsaw that I'm not 100% happy with and it'll be interesting to see if it's renewed. The first series was made in 2015.

leenie

Quote from: Main Street on March 12, 2017, 09:10:59 PM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on March 12, 2017, 07:48:54 PM

Best take that private in case something does leak out.
Don't forget, watch the follow up  - immediately!
The Staircase II: The Last Chance 2013

That makes sense now, I should have watched it before I googled him
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Billys Boots

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2017, 12:46:43 PM
There are one or two bits of the jigsaw that I'm not 100% happy with and it'll be interesting to see if it's renewed. The first series was made in 2015.

It didn't finish as well as it started - I guess they want to make a follow-up. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Main Street

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 13, 2017, 03:17:48 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2017, 12:46:43 PM

It didn't finish as well as it started - I guess they want to make a follow-up.
I thought the drama was one type of story evolving, but then in the last episode it turned into something else, another genre.
For what it was, it was done very well but I'm far from chomping at the bit to follow the story line into season 2.
On Tasmania, I had that place on a list of places to go but now it's been relegated, the depicted natives are horrid, the environment is dark and out to get you.