TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Pricks. This is the TV show recommendations thread, if you want to talk about it detail like that, f**k off and create your own thread on it.

Tony Baloney

Have had this gripe previously about GoT. Take yerselves elsewhere as Gallsman says.

Syferus

Quote from: laoislad on December 06, 2016, 07:16:21 PM
Sure why don't ye just tell us everything that happens, save any of the rest of us having to watch it.. ::)

:D

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on December 06, 2016, 07:16:21 PM
Sure why don't ye just tell us everything that happens, save any of the rest of us having to watch it.. ::)

Its Syf, even after watching he'll still get the predictions wrong
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Just watched it, brilliant... that's going to take some beating!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

The Westworld season finale didn't disappoint. Anyone that watched the 70s version will know the possibilities for season 2 are endless.

JimStynes

What's this 'Sniper' show on netflix like?

trileacman

Westworld was shit enough for long enough. Bit of an upturn at the end but really it's Lost 2.0, pile of fancy talk and story archs heading nowhere.

A brilliant, outstanding cast but all the same I've little real empathy for the characters and there's f**k all real character development. I compare all these things to BB which is unfair but when you've seen the best it's hard to accept shows that don't just match up. The walking dead had great character arcs for 2-3 early seasons too, it's not that much to expect.

Season 2 will be a slow f**ker, they've f**k all aces in the pack as regards backstory which being honest was all the last 3 episodes had to play on. Now we know the craic with Arnold, Ford, William, Bernard there's really not that much more to explore our find out. Just have to settle in with the popcorn and reap through the cyborg apocalypse for 8-10 episodes and that will get slow enough quick enough too.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Cunny Funt

Fcuk all character development? Dolores,Bernard,William,Maeve etc was the opposite of that. The stories all knitted nicely together in the final few episodes I thought

bennydorano

This is us on Channel 4 -  looks a decent if schmaltzy show, thirty something or This Life type drama.

Esmarelda

Quote from: trileacman on December 08, 2016, 01:16:41 AM
Westworld was shit enough for long enough. Bit of an upturn at the end but really it's Lost 2.0, pile of fancy talk and story archs heading nowhere.

A brilliant, outstanding cast but all the same I've little real empathy for the characters and there's f**k all real character development. I compare all these things to BB which is unfair but when you've seen the best it's hard to accept shows that don't just match up. The walking dead had great character arcs for 2-3 early seasons too, it's not that much to expect.

Season 2 will be a slow f**ker, they've f**k all aces in the pack as regards backstory which being honest was all the last 3 episodes had to play on. Now we know the craic with Arnold, Ford, William, Bernard there's really not that much more to explore our find out. Just have to settle in with the popcorn and reap through the cyborg apocalypse for 8-10 episodes and that will get slow enough quick enough too.
Does this count as a spoiler?

Main Street

Milkwood's connection to Blade Runner is a bit obvious. I think the ingredients are more The Stepford Wives meets Groundhog Day meets City Slickers meets The Milky Bar Kid and finally meets Kill Bill,
with Palin's awesome train journeys thrown in as a bonus.

There are a few good laughs, at least I thought so with the 'painted black' soundtrack when the gang shoot up the town to rob the pub's safe in ep2.

I'm on ep3 and getting curious.

leenie

westworld was  fantastic esp season finale.. won't be a series 2 until 2018 as hbo doesn't want to make the same mistake as they did with true detective, by rushing out a series to soon and ending up dung. Giving the writer more time , I defo  think the story has places to go .. 

One complaint-  didn't get to see James marsden in the buff much,  unlike thandie newton who was forever in the nip
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on December 08, 2016, 10:59:52 AM
Milkwood's connection to Blade Runner is a bit obvious. I think the ingredients are more The Stepford Wives meets Groundhog Day meets City Slickers meets The Milky Bar Kid and finally meets Kill Bill,
with Palin's awesome train journeys thrown in as a bonus.

There are a few good laughs, at least I thought so with the 'painted black' soundtrack when the gang shoot up the town to rob the pub's safe in ep2.

I'm on ep3 and getting curious.
I thought had a dose of Memento thrown in there.

nrico2006

On to westworld episode 5 and so far its pretty boring.

On another note, the writers of Walking Dead need to wise up - the first half of this season and last season has been boring as hell.  The second half of the last season was very good so hopefully the second half of this season picks up.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'