TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Off their Rockers is a hoot.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Main Street

Quote from: bennydorano on December 04, 2016, 11:28:49 PM
Just watched Storyville: Forever Pure, Football & Racism in Jerusalem. Fantastic Documentary about Beitar Jerusalem  (think Rangers pre Mo Johnston x 1000).
Beitar has to be the scummiest football club on the planet, pure racist.

Canalman

Quote from: Main Street on December 04, 2016, 11:40:17 PM
Quote from: Canalman on December 03, 2016, 02:27:27 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 03, 2016, 10:51:28 AM
Started watching The Killing and can hardly turn it off. On episode 8 of season 1. Hopefully it doesn't drag on too much. Good show so far.

Sadly, In think you are now going to see the sag which imo blighted the series. 20 episodes I think which could have been halved to ten. Presume you are watching the scandinavian version.
Why do you presume others might think like you?
Sad for you that you could not enjoy the series. It was a well praised series, all episodes,  right through to the last episode.

Just my opinion.

JimStynes

Started watching The Killing and can hardly turn it off. On episode 8 of season 1. Hopefully it doesn't drag on too much. Good show so far.

Sadly, In think you are now going to see the sag which imo blighted the series. 20 episodes I think which could have been halved to ten. Presume you are watching the scandinavian version.

I'm watching the US version

Main Street

Quote from: Canalman on December 05, 2016, 01:45:13 AM
Quote from: Main Street on December 04, 2016, 11:40:17 PM

Why do you presume others might think like you?
Sad for you that you could not enjoy the series. It was a well praised series, all episodes,  right through to the last episode.

Just my opinion.
The 20 episode series one of the Killing was actually two series of 10 episodes each. However, in Scandinavia the viewers did not want to wait another year to find out what happened next and demanded the 2nd batch of 10 episodes be shown asap.

In the uk the viewing figures did not drop during the screening on BBC 4, instead they actually grew by about 20% for the last 6 episodes.

leenie

Love planet earth  But the sound effects are a bit ott
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

bennydorano

Last episode of Westworld is superb

Syferus

Quote from: bennydorano on December 05, 2016, 11:11:13 PM
Last episode of Westwood is superb

Whole season has been a fantastically put together arc. Jonathan Nolan channeling his brother's ability to build clockwork puzzles.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Syferus on December 06, 2016, 03:18:08 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on December 05, 2016, 11:11:13 PM
Last episode of Westwood is superb

Whole season has been a fantastically pit together arc. Jonathan Nolan channeling his brothers's ability to build clockwork puzzles.

It was great, are we looking at a Blade Runner influenced Season 2.

The Golden Age of TV.
#newbridgeornowhere

bennydorano

Harold Disgracey

Just finished Westworld, have to agree with everyone, it was fantastic the final episode especially so.

Esmarelda

I echo the plaudits for Westworld.

Slow burner until the end of Episode 7 and then a whirlwind of activity after that. I read somewhere that it will be two years before the next season is out.

Captain Obvious

Westworld was the TV show of the year in my opinion however it was not a first for HBO to fill a first season with star power only to kill off some of its main stars by the end of it. I thought it was known half way through whom Wyatt,Arnold and the man in black was. The ending would have caught plenty by surprise though.

2018 before Season two it has a hard act to follow.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 06, 2016, 05:56:10 PM
Westworld was the TV show of the year in my opinion however it was not a first for HBO to fill a first season with star power only to kill off some of its main stars by the end of it. I thought it was known half way through whom Wyatt,Arnold and the man in black was. The ending would have caught plenty by surprise though.

2018 before Season two it has a hard act to follow.

Wouldn't be counting him out yet. He had an off-the-grid host being made in the lab Theresa was killed in. They don't show things for no reason in Westworld..

laoislad

Sure why don't ye just tell us everything that happens, save any of the rest of us having to watch it.. ::)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.