TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 13, 2016, 01:50:38 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 13, 2016, 09:01:38 AM
Have to say I'm enjoying the new Cold Feet.
Aye so am I. Didn't see it first time around.

It's pretty good, the Man united love in last night aside..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on September 13, 2016, 04:04:37 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 13, 2016, 01:50:38 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 13, 2016, 09:01:38 AM
Have to say I'm enjoying the new Cold Feet.
Aye so am I. Didn't see it first time around.

It's pretty good, the Man united love in last night aside..
Yes gratuitous Man United supporting might see it getting the heave-ho.

laoislad

Quote from: JimStynes on September 02, 2016, 09:35:43 PM
Wasn't that impressed with the second half of 'The Night Of'. It felt a bit rushed and the ending was a bit shit.

Finished it last night and I agree with the above.
The first few episodes were great but it got pretty boring then really.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Main Street

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 13, 2016, 10:17:10 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on September 13, 2016, 09:18:34 AM
Just finishing up the All4 Belgian series 'The Outlaws', a very 'black' comedy about four sisters who are plotting to kill their sister's (the 5th sister) obnoxious husband.  Highly recommended for laughs.
It's good enough craic alright. They finished it up quite well when it looked initially like they might make a mess of it. "The p***k" was a very good character.
When the pr*ck's dog Oscar met his end, I found myself smiling as the camera darkly shifted to his grave post being hammered into place. Possibly that had something to do with the breed. Afterwards i thought maybe  they selected that breed deliberately so that viewers would not feel too much grief at the innocent's passing.
I've just finished nr 4,  two to go.

bennydorano

The Strain back for a 3rd Series. Getting a bit meh,  think they're ruining a potentially good show by obviously stretching it out so they can return year after year (tho it'll probably get the chop soon anyway).

bennydorano

Narcos has usurped Gomorrah as my favourite show of recent years. Just watched S2 Ep4 - f**king superb episode.

ziggysego

Just started watching series one of 'The Trip' on Netflix. Missed it the first time around on the BBC. Enjoyable wee programme. Slow moving, 1-2-1 dialogue (basically) between the two (askewed versions) of themselves.
Testing Accessibility

Main Street

Quote from: Main Street on September 16, 2016, 11:24:31 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on September 13, 2016, 10:17:10 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on September 13, 2016, 09:18:34 AM
Just finishing up the All4 Belgian series 'The Outlaws', a very 'black' comedy about four sisters who are plotting to kill their sister's (the 5th sister) obnoxious husband.  Highly recommended for laughs.
It's good enough craic alright. They finished it up quite well when it looked initially like they might make a mess of it. "The p***k" was a very good character.
When the pr*ck's dog Oscar met his end, I found myself smiling as the camera darkly shifted to his grave post being hammered into place. Possibly that had something to do with the breed. Afterwards i thought maybe  they selected that breed deliberately so that viewers would not feel too much grief at the innocent's passing.
I've just finished nr 4,  two to go.
There was more than 2 to go,  9 episodes in total.
It was hard to tell which were the darkest scenes where  the Pr*ck was central, as he kept trumping himself with his antics.
The snitching, the dog, the cat,  the parents, the forced entry, the forced abortion.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on September 19, 2016, 09:52:44 PM
Just started watching series one of 'The Trip' on Netflix. Missed it the first time around on the BBC. Enjoyable wee programme. Slow moving, 1-2-1 dialogue (basically) between the two (askewed versions) of themselves.
Currently making a new one in Spain.

5 Sams

Anyone watching "Cant Cope, Wont Cope" on Teilifís Éireann. Quite good so far..
The Aristocrat Years

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JimStynes

Hearing good things about a new show called 'Animal Kingdom'. Anyone ever hear of it? Maybe based on a film,

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on September 20, 2016, 05:50:57 AM
Hearing good things about a new show called 'Animal Kingdom'. Anyone ever hear of it? Maybe based on a film,
If it is half as good as the film it's on to a winner.

Nigel White

Quote from: Orior on September 20, 2016, 12:01:00 AM
Anyone see The Commute?
Saw about 3 minutes of it while searching for the remote control. Had if taken me any longer I would have put my boot through the TV to get it turned off. This must be the greatest load of sh1te ever to be broadcast. John Logie Baird must be turning in his grave.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 19, 2016, 10:14:09 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on September 19, 2016, 09:52:44 PM
Currently making a new one in Spain.
I love that show.  Glad to hear they're making a new series - shouldn't work, but does.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...