TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CiKe

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on September 07, 2016, 07:54:08 PM
Also thinking of binning suits. It is shit. Same thing over and over.

You could have said that three years ago. Mind numbing stuff.

Quote from: trileacman on September 07, 2016, 08:07:03 PM
Tried starting Narcos there, f**k it's very disappointing. The exposition is just mind-numbing and the central acting is very poor, especially among the DEA agents.

Haven't seen the second season but I thought the first was very good.

Rma13

Quote from: CiKe on September 07, 2016, 10:17:50 PM
Wayward Pines any use?

It's alright, really good build up in the 1st Season in the early episodes as to what was really going on but for me it lost it's way a bit after that.  I did still watch the 2nd Season & actually preferred it to Season 1.

The Subbie

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 07, 2016, 03:51:50 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on September 03, 2016, 12:35:39 AM
The Night Manager starts on RTE1 on Wednesday, short 4 or 5 part drama which is fairly gripping.
This one seems to have received pretty good reviews. Will give it a look, thanks.

Top class show, well worth a watch.

The Gs Man

Finished the second season of Narcos last night.  It's even better than the first.

Stick with it Trileacman!   8)
Keep 'er lit

bennydorano

Hard to beat Lesser Spotted Journeys (Ulster)

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: bennydorano on September 08, 2016, 08:41:44 PM

Certainly takes the blood pressure down a few notches.

J70

Just finished the first season of Fargo (two years late, I know!).

Awesome stuff from Billy Bob Thornton, and a very entertaining series overall and true to the spirit of the Coen brothers classic, even if there are one or two fairly ridiculous plot holes.

Looking forward to catching up on the second season now. But first, the second season of Narcos!

Oh, and someone mentioned Fear the Walking Dead... gave up after first episode of second season. Just couldn't be bothered with it - nothing compelling about it at all. And I absolutely love the original series.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on September 08, 2016, 08:41:44 PM
Joe starting to get on my wick a bit. Better than Drennan's Danders however.

5 Sams

Je Mo Peil ar TG4. Great crack.
The Aristocrat Years

thewobbler

Have to say I'm enjoying the new Cold Feet.

Billys Boots

Just finishing up the All4 Belgian series 'The Outlaws', a very 'black' comedy about four sisters who are plotting to kill their sister's (the 5th sister) obnoxious husband.  Highly recommended for laughs. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Esmarelda

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 13, 2016, 09:18:34 AM
Just finishing up the All4 Belgian series 'The Outlaws', a very 'black' comedy about four sisters who are plotting to kill their sister's (the 5th sister) obnoxious husband.  Highly recommended for laughs.
It's good enough craic alright. They finished it up quite well when it looked initially like they might make a mess of it. "The p***k" was a very good character.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thewobbler on September 13, 2016, 09:01:38 AM
Have to say I'm enjoying the new Cold Feet.
Aye so am I. Didn't see it first time around.

tbrick18

Just started watching Stranger Things on Netflix. I have to say I'm enjoying it.