TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

Loved stranger things ...

Not overly fussed on 11.22.63 ,  can't warm to James Franco in that role, two episodes left I'll see it through
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

nrico2006

Stranger things was good enough, maybe 7 out of 10.  Never seen as annoying a character in a long time as Winona Ryders though, poison.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dinny Breen

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 17, 2016, 10:27:05 AM
Stranger things was good enough, maybe 7 out of 10.  Never seen as annoying a character in a long time as Winona Ryders though, poison.

Would have been better without her, completely overacted. Still a very good show mind.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 17, 2016, 12:01:42 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 17, 2016, 10:27:05 AM

Would have been better without her, completely overacted. Still a very good show mind.

I watched it up in the hotel in Dublin in a couple of binges. I thought it was good, but not as good as I thought from the lads here. Winona Ryder was a bit OTT, as if she thought this was more of a 'B' movie type thing. I'd give it a solid 7 or 8 out of 10. I see there is some talk of a sequel?

The Iceman

have another newborn in the house so blasting through some series on the night shift:

finished Peaky Blinders Season 3 - solid effort again - the ending was a bit much but I'm a fan and i'll watch as many seasons as they put out there

Top Boy - London drug crime - quit after 3 episodes

started watching Vikings at long last - 3 episodes in - good so far
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

leenie

22.11.63. , finished it , wouldn't  really rate it, it's watchable but the last episode had more cheese than mitchellstown .. Had the potential to be good .. But failed..

Going to start The night of ... Been reading rave reviews
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

bennydorano

Only getting round to Narcos, very good.

JoG2

Quote from: bennydorano on August 18, 2016, 12:57:19 PM
Only getting round to Narcos, very good.

all 10 episodes of season 2 will be on Netflix in a couple of weeks (2nd Sep)

Up The Middle

Quote from: leenie on August 18, 2016, 11:27:56 AM
22.11.63. , finished it , wouldn't  really rate it, it's watchable but the last episode had more cheese than mitchellstown .. Had the potential to be good .. But failed..

Going to start The night of ... Been reading rave reviews

Watched the first 2 episodes last night, starts a bit slow but will def stick with it.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

JimStynes

The Night Of has slowed down a little. Not really as good as how it started it off. Still a good show though and can't wait to find out what happens next week.

Billys Boots

Quote from: lurganblue on August 10, 2016, 10:14:57 AM
Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2016, 10:11:37 AM
Have you watched 11.22.63 yet?
Or Stranger Things?

Read the book about 2 months ago.  Concept was good buit i thought it was a little too drawn out.  Hoping the series will be more enjoyable.

I watched the first episode because i recently read the book as well (though I didn't really like the book).  Thought the show was awful and gave up after one episode.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Main Street

The Night Of concluded poignantly with a Ewan McColl song in the background about an enduring love and a cat traipsing along. It's very rare that a US adaption of a european series works better  but in this case I have to say this one beat the BBC's efforts hands down and the BBC one was very good. And all the better that  John Turturro replaced De Niro to act the scúmbag lawyer role and dominate the drama.
This one is a 9.756.

JoG2

Watching Roadies...not great, but decent and very watchable (especially Carla Gugino)

The latest season of Suits has taken a fair old nose dive

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on August 30, 2016, 03:03:51 AM
The Night Of concluded poignantly with a Ewan McColl song in the background about an enduring love and a cat traipsing along. It's very rare that a US adaption of a european series works better  but in this case I have to say this one beat the BBC's efforts hands down and the BBC one was very good. And all the better that  John Turturro replaced De Niro to act the scúmbag lawyer role and dominate the drama.
This one is a 9.756.

I enjoyed it and found out half way through it was an adaptation of a BBC series I watched back in the day with Pete Postlethwaite.

It ruined things a bit for me as I knew the ending and then was hoping the US version would take a different road but nonetheless it was an excellent show and as mentioned Turturro was superb in it!!

Been watching Mr Robot's 2nd series and it's starting to get a bit Heroes/Lost in that the storyline is starting to get a bit too complicated and there are too many things happening at once to try and deal with but I'll stick with it as it's nearly finished.

Looking forward to Narcos Season 2!!

mrdeeds

Watched first two episodes of Stranger Things. Rubbish. Reminds me of the movie Super 8 which wasn't as good as it was hyped.