TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Canalman on August 11, 2016, 01:14:11 PM
Quantum Leap was brilliant back in the day. Hope the movie does it justice.

What movie? I was a major Quantum Leap fan back in the day and was one of the pathetic fools back in the 90s that wrote letters to NBC to extend the series for an extra couple of the years. I also had a Quantum Leap website. http://web.archive.org/web/20010404075306/http://www.quantumleaping.co.uk/ * I was unemployed and had nothing better to do with my time.

Didn't know there was a movie being made.
Testing Accessibility

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on August 15, 2016, 02:04:20 PM
The Night of shaping up rightly. Hard to tell if he killed her or not.
I guess motive is either unrated with you or an alien concept.

Regardless, I don't think it's  a whodoneit drama, the story is in the telling.

JimStynes

Quote from: Main Street on August 16, 2016, 01:27:20 AM

???
They keep putting in more and more potential suspects and persons of interest, I'm looking forward to finding out what went on that night. Meanwhile your man in prison is doing a better and better job of convincing us he is either someone capable of committing the murder, or turning into someone capable of committing the murder. Prison is definitely not a place I would want to go. I have no idea what to expect.

screenexile

At the start I was like "Why do they keep focusing on the f**king feet all the time" . . . I can see why now after last night, it's a strange but interesting theme and me and the wife did some laughing when he showed up at the support group!!

bennydorano

Workaholics is still a class show.

Jeepers Creepers

'Stranger Things' is really floating my boat at the minute.

ziggysego

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 16, 2016, 01:00:41 PM
'Stranger Things' is really floating my boat at the minute.

Started it last night. Two episodes in and so far I'm liking it. That 011 or "El" is an amazing wee actor for all the age of her.
Testing Accessibility

Jeepers Creepers

Yip, she'd break your heart. The show ticks all my nostalgia boxes, Goonies, Starfighter, navagator..stand by me...all rolled into one. And the soundtrack and score are superb.

laoislad

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 16, 2016, 02:01:05 PM
Yip, she'd break your heart. The show ticks all my nostalgia boxes, Goonies, Starfighter, navagator..stand by me...all rolled into one. And the soundtrack and score are superb.
It's bloody brilliant imo. Like you say it takes you back in time to the shows/movies we watched in the 80's as kids.
It's so well done it actually seems like it was made in the 80's if you know what I mean. It doesn't feel like a show made in 2016 pretending it's in the 1980's... Does that make sense.?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ludermor

Quote from: laoislad on August 11, 2016, 04:36:39 PM
There's a remake of Mcgyver about to be released soon.
Mcgyver and The A Team were my favourites growing up.
I f**king loved the Fall Guy!

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: laoislad on August 16, 2016, 02:22:03 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 16, 2016, 02:01:05 PM
It's bloody brilliant imo. Like you say it takes you back in time to the shows/movies we watched in the 80's as kids.
It's so well done it actually seems like it was made in the 80's if you know what I mean. It doesn't feel like a show made in 2016 pretending it's in the 1980's... Does that make sense.?

Perfect. Its been immaculately produced.

Canalman

The Goldbergs is pretty good at the  1980s nostalgia thing as well. Not a bad show to while away half an hour or so.

nrico2006

On the last two episodes of Stranger Things and so far it hasn't hit the heights I thought it would. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on August 16, 2016, 09:06:56 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 16, 2016, 01:27:20 AM

???
They keep putting in more and more potential suspects and persons of interest, I'm looking forward to finding out what went on that night. Meanwhile your man in prison is doing a better and better job of convincing us he is either someone capable of committing the murder, or turning into someone capable of committing the murder. Prison is definitely not a place I would want to go. I have no idea what to expect.
Incarcerated in a rough prison having a strong effect on an innocent naive lad who has no protection and  totally vulnerable to all the hostile elements? That old theme is part of the storyline.
As it stands now to ep 6, motive is totally missing, he's squeaky clean, there's no murder weapon and clothes are with not a speck of splatter. The scenario, that he blacked out, done the deed,  then went down the stairs, put the knife back in place and then peacefully passed out in the kitchen is a 'tad' implausible. The drama cuts out the "normal" investigation/court room stuff and emphasis is on experiencing the circumstances,  it's all slow paced, intense and introspective. That's why for me it's not a whodoneit drama.